"Thank...thank you!"

What Is Love?

...The Next Day...2:00pm...

"Jieun-nah, are you in here?", Rian knock on Jieun door after realizing she haven't seen Jieun all morning. "Jieun-ah...". What happen to Jieun, I haven't seen her all morning. As she hold the doorknob, she find that it is unlock, and then open it. "Yah, are you okay?", Rian approached Jieun bed, seeing a figure all covered up by a blanket. "Huh?..Rian-ah...I feel sick..", Jieun finally peak her head out a little bit to look at Rian. "Bwoh?..weren't you all jumpy yesterday?", she sat down next to Jieun, and help her sit up. "Uh..after eating dinner yesterday, I got a big headache in the midnight, and now I'm feeling all dizzy.", she touched her head slightly. "Wait, what did we eat yesterday..?" "OH! I totally forgot, we ate chicken stew yesterday, and you are allergic to chicken." "I remember when we use to be small, after you accidently ate just a small tiny pieces, you would have a severe headache afterward.", Rian snap her fingers as if she's a total genius. "We did?..oh..I can't even think right now..", Jieun lied back down on her bed. "Tsk tsk, and you just stay like that for the whole morning?", Rian shaked her head then head out the bedroom to find someone. "Umma!" "Wae Rian-ah?", Rian's umma appear upstair after hearing her daughter calling her so intense. "Umma, wae did you make chicken stew yesterday? Jieun is allergic to it and now she having a major headache.", she slightly drag her mom to Jieun bed, where she is lying down. "Ah! I totally forgot about that, because I went to the market yesterday, and the chicken was fresh and on sale!". "Jieun-ah, gwaenchana? How are you feeling?", Rian's mom check her forehead while Rian stand next to her feeling worry. "Rian, isn'time for you to go to school today honey? I guess you have to go alone, since Jieun isn't feeling any good." "Oh..ottoke? I'm gonna be late, Jieun-ah get better! FIGHTING!...", Rian ran out of her room hurrily to change then drive to school. "Oh..arraso.", Jieun call back quietely then closed her eyes again. 

...I10 University Parking Lots, 3:00pm...

Because all the others day, Daewoo always took her to school, but today he is busy with his company, Rian have to drive to school by herself. "Everyone is busy, ottoke..I hope Jieun get well soon, I need to call mom and check on her after I get out of classes.", Rian talk to herself as she find a far empty parking for her car. As she step out of her car, trying to fix her clothes..there is someone looking at her direction. "Look at that guys!", a guy pointed to Rian. "Should we have a look?", they went forward where Rian is standing. "Hey, girl! What class do you have here?", one guy approach Rian trying to touch her. "What the?..Who the heck are you guys? What...what..do you want??", Rian kept a distance around them but ended up getting corner to the wall. "We just want to be friend with you, since you look so pretty? Are you free tonight?", another guy smirk at her and kept getting closer.."AHHHH!", Rian closed her eyes praying for someone to help her. "YAH!, what are you guys doing to a girl in a public place in the bright daylight?", Daewoo, who was walking by the empty parking lot, spotted a familiar girl getting trapped by a bunch of guys. "Let her go!", he approached. Oh isn't that..that jerk?? After opening her eyes again, she found a similar guy yelling at those guys. "Yah dude!, Who do you think you are butting into are conversation? Get the hell out of here if you don't want to died!", Another friend of the group yelled at Daehyun. "This is my business to help people out! Don't you feel dumb doing this in a public face?", Daehyun rolled up his sleeves trying to act tough. "Aish, this kid need us to teach him a lesson!", as the guys yelled out, he ran to Daehyun trying to punch him in the face, but Daehyun blocked it. Another one went up to him, trying to punch him the stomach, and another attacked him in the back. "Ouch!, you .", after getting punch in the lip, he see slight blood. But then at once took all of them down, making them lying on the ground. "OH!", Rian on the other side, eyes wide open witnessing the fighting scene. Did...did..he just fought them all?..  "Get out of here NOW!", Daehyun tell them to flee away, and they all run away. After looking back at the Rian, Daehyun realized it was the girl who he had an incident with.."Bwoh? It's you?", he slightly aproached her side and handed her, her purse she drop after being so scared. Rian didn't manage to spoke out any words after being shocked for the second time. "Aish, are you muted or what? I should've walked away if I know it was you.", Daehyun mock her and walk away. "Yah. Wait!" "What? Do you want to yell at me again?" "No..Thank...Thank you.", Rian say thank you so quietly, that Daehyun thought he misheard. "What did you say? I can't hear you?", he try to into saying it again. "Did I misheard?", he raise his hand toward his ear acting like he really listening. "Yah! I say Thank you! If you didn't hear it this time, you should go check you ear.", she came up to him and sneer at him. "haha, coffee spiller saying thank you? Yah! This is a new thing.", Daehyun laugh slightly. "I have a name you know. Not coffee spiller!", she yelled into his ear. "Ah!..where your friend and the other guy, my boss.", Daehyun look around Rian, finding that no one is next to her. "They are busy.", Rian frowned, then look up spotting slight blood on his lip. "Yah..you're bleeding." Daehyun wipe the corner of his mouth with his shirt. "It's nothing. Shoudn't you be in class right now?", he asked her. "It too late anyway, I'll just stay out here until my other class start." "Here, use this, your shirt look disgusting with blood on it.", she say and handed it him a tissue then sit down on the bench next to wall. "I'm late too..", Daehyun wipe his mouth with her tissue then sat next to her. "Yah, when did you became so nice? Did I met the wrong person who totally look like you?", he turn to her and . "Wasn't you were the one who kept on yelling at me the other time?" "YAH! It was you who make me mad before, but atleast your kind of helpful. You shouldn't talk about the other day again, if you don't want to end up having a purple eye.", she gave him a warning smile. Did she just smile? Was she really the girl before...maybe I judge her wrong, since she is friend with Jieun.. "Hey, what are you looking at? Am I that pretty?", Rian waved a hand across Daehyun face, after finding him zoning out looking at her face. "What? You wish. I was just..think...ing about something.", he try to look away after being caught. "You should be like this more, don't act so straightforward and mean, or you'll scare every person you meet away.", Daehyun try to change the subject to another thing. "And you should stop being Mr.Smarty and judge other people.", she try to scare him by turning around and looking closely into his face, for a slight mili second, it feel like the world stop spining around them, but after realized what she is doing, she turn around quickly. Woah!...what was that.. Why did I do that?..Babo! "Hey, give me 10,000 wons, since I save you life.", Daehyun again try to change the subject by jokingly asking for a tip. "What 10,000 wons? What are you talking about? When did I agree to that.", she look at him wierdly. 

"Hahahaha" That face was so.......cute??? though??? "Ahem! haha I was just kidding with you, but don't you think you need to repay the one who save your life?", he gave her a thumb up. "Yah, don't think you save the world. If you didn't do it, there still other people who will do the samething.", she say and look at him, then search her purse for something. "Let me see you hand.", she told him to spread his hand out. "For what? Are you trying repay me by seducing me?", he put his hand up to cover his body acting like he is scared. "In your dream! Wait, not even in your dream. Never!", she say and grap his hand then wrote something on it with a pen she found in her purse. "Here, if you are free sometime, I'll repay you. There, happy?", she say and gave him back his hand like he have germ on it. "Why did you wrote on my hand? Can't you just put it in here?", he took out his cellphone. "Oh, I didn't think about that earlier Too late, you can do it yourself.", she slightly smile at him. "Haha" Babo. "Stop laughing wierdo.", Rian look at her phone to see it is 4:10pm already. "I need to go to class." "It was fun sitting out here, at least I didn't look like a total idiot sitting here by myself.", she say and stand up ready to leave to her class. "Annyeong." "No prob. haha. Watch out while your going to class. I'm not helping you the second time again, ok?", he say also getting ready to go to his class. Though Daehyun class started at 4:00pm, he didn't want to leave Rian alone, so he stay for a few minutes. "Oh, she forgot this.", he look at the pink girly pen she used to wrote on his hand after she left, but because he was running late, he just shove it into his bag and ran off. 

...In Class...

Daehyun is using Rian pink pen that she left...don't think wrong, it because he didn't find any pencil in his bag so he just "borrowing" the pen. Wonder if he has forgotten who's the owner of that pen, he even slightly chew the tip of the pen.....Both of them are focused in their classes.

...Coffee shop...5:15pm...

Daehyun class got out 10 minutes earlier so now he is in a coffee shop buying some snack to eat on the way home....and while waiting in line..the door open...

"Jieun-ah? Are you better? I will buy you something to eat and I will go home.", Rian who seem to be talking on the phone walk into the coffee shop. "Oh." "What are you doing here?", Rian approach him in line. "Why? I can't be here? Just buying something to eat. You?", he scoot over so she can next to him in line. "I need to buy some snack for Jieun then go home and check on her.", Rian say as she carefully pick a good snack for her best friend. "What happen to Jieun??", Daehyun who is curiously watching what Rian is doing. "She ate some allergic food, and she sick right now..ottoke...I left all this morning. I hope she is feeling much better." "Oh.", though he is worry about Jieun, but he is too busy looking at Rian worrying about Jieun, and carefully picking a snack for Jieun. The way he sees Rian worry about someone make him curious..?...

"Here, go infront of me. Since you need to hurry home to see Jieun. Don't let her suffered by waiting for you longer.", he try to get an excuse to let her go infront of him while not trying to make it obvious. "Uhm, thank you again.", she turn backed and smiled at him.

Oh my god, stop smiling!!... "Uh..sur...sure." "Why are you suddenly stuttering?" "What stuttering? You must have misheard. So is Jieun alright? That why she didn't go to school today? Tell her I say get well when you go home. Why did she-", Daehyun kept on babling about Jieun, trying to avoid looking at Rian. "Wait, talk slower. I'm not a robot to answers all your questions that fast.", Rian cut him off because he was babling too much. "She alright now, and why are you worrying about my best friend so much?" "I thought you were the quiet type, didn't know you talk that much.", while talking to him, she give the cashier her stuff and pay. "I...I..was just worrying since she is my friend too.", he stuttered and pay for his stuff after her. "See you stutter. Yah, just friend? Don't let me catch you liking Jieun, or I'll chop you into pieces.", she by acting like she's choping something. "What I do? I didn't do anything to Jieun.", Daehyun make an x with his hand and shake his head. "Haha, just kidding. But I got my eyes on chu!", she make a signal to watch out. "Okay, Bye...coffee! I need to go home to Jieunie", Rian waved her hand at Daehyun while walking out the parking. "Hey! What coffee? I have a name you know.", he yelled at her from across the parking lot. "What is it?", she yelled back. "Daehyun!" "Ohm, I'm Rian! Annyeong & komowoh!", she and walk to her car. "Bye." 

...Rian's house...

"JIEUN-AH!!!!!!!", after walking in, Rian screamed looking for Jieun. "sshh! You are so loud, even the neighbor can hear you.", Jieun walk down from the stair to greet Rian. "JIEUN!", Rian screamed again then rush forward to and hug Jieun tightly. "Wae? You are so clingy today.", Jieun hug her friend back. "Did you miss me that much? ahaha" "Yah. I was being nice enough to hug you when you are sick, and bought you some snacks to eat. You should appreciate you have a best friend like me.", Rian jokingly flip her hair trying to act cool. "Bleh. Whatever I feel like throwing up.", Jieun then back. "Where umma and appa?" "They went out to a meeting with some other business family. They say they're coming home late." "What? They left you all by yourself?" "I'm feeling better already. See!", Jieun jumped up and down to prove she's not sick anymore. "Haha, you look like a rabbit.", Rian laugh at the way Jieun jumped then walk to the kitchen to find something to eat. "Aunty left fried rice for us, and told me to eat that for dinner.", Jieun open the microwave, where the fried rice is at. The best friends sat down on the dinner table eating their fried rice and talking about Rian school day. "How was school today?", Jieun ask her as she pick up a spoonful of rice. "You sound like an ahjumma. How was school today? ahaha" "It was scary....", Rian went on telling her about this afternoon at the parking lot. "Daehyun fought all of those guys?", Jieun eyes and mouth went wide open after hearing Daehyun. "Close your mouth, a fly will get in there.", Rian notice she has open the whole conversation. "Well, he saved me, but he's still annoying." "He saved you, and you still think he is annoying?" "Yes. he will always be. Remember I don't want to be connected to him...eww", Rian say with a mouthful of food. "Yah. Chew before you speake. Rice is flying all over the place. But, I think he actually nice if you knew him.", Jieun smile slightly. "Then you go out with him then. HA!" "What...I..just say he is nice. Are you jealous? Do you like him and trying to pretend you don't? hahah", Jieun tease Rian over the dinner table. "Eww No.", she said in english. "He doesn't like me, and I don't either. He like you.", Rian here, is trying to create a loveline based on her own info, without anyone comfirming it. "Haha, that would never happen....", Jieun pretend to be not interested in what Rian just say, but actually hoping Rian would talk more about it. "Whatever you two. You go ask him yourself. I'm tired, I'll go take a bath then sleep.", Rian stand up and ran to the stairs. "Then who washing the dishes??" "Fine." Because Jieun just got better, Rian washes the dishes instead of Jieun then went up stair. 

*No no no no, can’t you feel my love, Can’t you feel..."Yebosayo?.", Rian picked up her phone while drying her hair with a towel. "Rian, hello!", the voice on the other side belong to Daewoo. "Huh? Why are you calling so late now?", she asked him as she pick out her pj. "I was just bored, so I call you. hehe. What are you doing?" "Me? I'm picking out my pj right now, because I just took a bath.", she say, still rumbling through her closet finding her favorite blue pj. "Oh..you take bath this late? It's bad for you to take it late.", Daewoo on the other hand is worrying she might get sick. "It not that late. Just barely 10:20pm. hehe" "Found it! Yay!", after searching throughly, she found the pj and change into it. "So, what are you doing?". "Lying down. Talking to a girl.", Daewoo try to through the phone without her knowing it. "Oooh, a girl huh? Who is she your girlfriend? haha", Rian, who have no clues ask him back. "She not my girlfriend yet. What should I do to make her to like me?", Daewoo asking "her" for advice on how to make "her" like him. "Hmm..Let see..I seen movie about this. First, get her a suprise gift...Then take her to a fun place...then....", Rian is totally immersed in giving him advice without knowing she is actually the one he is talking about. "Uh huh. I should write this down huh teacher?", Daewoo joke around. "Sure, student. So, tell me, how does she look like? I'm curious.", Rian is totally into these kind of thing. Probally from too much drama. "She really pretty, she have the most beautiful eyes I ever see. Whenever she smile, it is so warm. She look like you. haha". "Eyy, stop lying how does she look like me. Well, goodluck with that."....Their conversation went on after a while after hanging up. Even then, Rian still doesn't realized the person Daewoo like is her, herself....

"Jieun-ah.", Rian peak into Jieun room slowly. "Ah, you scare me.", Jieun throw a pillow at her that she manage to catch after she went in. "Yah!", Rian threw the pillow back at Jieun. "Let watch a movie. I don't want to sleep yet.", Rian said and push Jieun over a little bit, so she can lie down on the bed. "Arraso, I don't want to sleep yet either."

The two ended up watching a movie and slept there afterward. 

.

.

.

"I'm Daehyun!".."Ok, I'm Rian."...Rian...Rian...Jieun's friend...coffee...that smile...Why am I feeling weird..I shouldn't be. Babo....

 

TBC. :)