"The First Meeting"

What Is Love?

...Seoul, Korea...October 2, 2013...


The Park is an average wealthy family, so the family has already bought a house back in Seoul so that after arriving, they have a place to live. Rian and Jieun went inside and check out their room. After packing their stuffs...they decided to check out Seoul at night, and see how it look. After all, it has been more than 8 years since they moved out. They wanted to see how Seoul is now, in 2013...

"Appa! Umma! we want to go out and check everything out...can we?", Rian hold Jieun hand and ran down stairs looking for her parents..."You're not staying for dinner?...our first dinner in Seoul?", Rian's umma came out of the kitchen with a spoon in her hand. "Ah..no..we can eat it tomorrow, you know..it been a long time I've been here...I want to go see around the city...Me and Jieun will come back soon. Please?", Rian came foward to her mom and start begging her. "Yeah, we're taking the taxi, and we'll buy good stuff for you to eat aunt..hehe", Jieun followed her and beg too. "Aish..both of you kids...arraso..but come back early...", Her mom can't take their begging and let them go. "I'll tell your appa after he get out of the shower..Ok..Bye~.".."YAY!..I love you mom...Muah!", Rian kiss her mom and take Jieun hand and ran outside. "Kamsamida aunty!"...

.

.

.

"Woah!..it so beautiful out here...", Rian head keep on turning around trying to catch a glimspe of everything in Seoul. "And who said they didn't want to come here in the beginning?" "What. I was just...kidding...he..he..he, OH! Look it tteokbokki!..I haven't tried those in years..!", Rian ignored Jieun question and drag her to the food vender..
"Ahjushi!..4 cups of tteokbokki please!", Rian hold out four fingers and brightly ask the person.
"Yah, you fatty...why don't you just buy the whole cart...!", Jieun poke her and stick out her toungue.

"I'm not eating it by myself..aren't you eating it too?", She turn back to glare at Jieun then look back at the person and smile brightly..."Kamsamida! Here is the money"..."Yeah!..Thank you kid, such a pretty girl.", the ahjusshi took Rian money and smile back at her..."ehhh...Lets go...Why is he praising you...!", Jieun drag Rian who is holding on 4 cups of tteokbokki out of the vender. "Yah..It gonna spill..Why not? I'm nice and pretty..hehe..not like you...keep on teasing me..", Rian said still trying to hold 4 cups at the same time. "Here, hold this..2 for you 2 for me.!"..."Stop dreaming, I'm going home..", Jieun walk the oppsite slowly waiting for Rian's reaction. "Yah!, who say you can go home, tonight, we need to eat all the foods I want to eat...Jajjangmyeon, Fried dumplings, kimbap, bulgogi, bibimbap...haha...Just thinking about it make me hungry..". "Yah look, you're drooling..!", Jieun . "Huh? Where?", Rian asked blankly while trying to wipe . "Just kidding. hehehe...ok Call!...Let eat til we full today..Our first night in Seoul!...Weee", Jieun then run around the shop and vender waiting for Rian to catch up. "Yah wait for me.".."Hurry up and come here, stop eating your tteokbokki!"....

The girls had a fun night, and went back home after gettting full. Tomorrow, they are going to I10 University, their new school in Seoul...

.

.

...October 3, 2013... 9:00am

"YAH PARK RIAN! WAKE UP! We're going to school today, remember?"..Jieun suddenly open the door and shouted at the sleepy Rian. "Again?..let me sleep!!.."..Rian threw a pillow at Jieun direction with half of her eyes open. "Ouch!...Rian-ah. Hurry and wake up..why am I always the one waking you up every morning.", Jieun poke Rian. "Nobody tell you to, so you don't have to..Aish...why school!", Rian sat up and scratch her head. "If I don't then who will tell your lazy body to get up. you babo!", Jieun hit her slightly in the head. "Ah...I'm up now..stop harassing me..humm...bleh!...School school..I don't like going to school.". "Too bad you have to, now get up and get dressed princess..", Jieun push her out of her bed and signal her to the bathroom.."Gosh, told you to stop acting like my mom, you sound like an ahjumma.", Rian then walk heavily to the bathroom while mocking Jieun. "YES! Now I demand you to wash up!..ahha", Jieun go along with Rian's act and walked out her room. 


"Beep beep beep!!"..*reach hand out trying to shut off the alarm*.."Aish..shut up already..!", The guy yelled at his alarm then cover himself back up with his blanket. "Daehyun-ah. your alarm went off already, why are you not getting ready to go to school. Remember, you have classes today.", the woman shouted at her son from across the hall trying to get him to get up. "Ah! I don't want to wake up! Stupid school.", Daehyun frowned and got out of bed....     "Annyeonghasayo umma!", Daehyun went down stair to the kitchen where his mom is at. "Oh you're here...i made you breakfast...come and eat then go to school.".."Hmmm..your foods are the best mom..", Daehyun smile at his mom and gave her a thumb up..."You..are always like that..hehe" Hurry and go to school, it 9:30am already.."Bwoh?..chinja?..I'm going to be late...hm..hm..bye..hm mom!", with a mouthfull after trying to intake everything on his plate, Daehyun ran outside and drove to school.


...At the school front gate...

"Cheer up, you look like you're going to a funeral..". "-sigh-...I'm so sleepy.", Rian lower her head facing the ground. "You can sleep after this, this is your first day to school, so wake up!", Jieun snap her finger infront of Rian trying to make her focus. "Here your class." "Oh, your class is over in the west side, and mine is in the east side." I guess we are not going the same direction..", Jieun frown and shake her friend up to show her the directions. "And here, you should take this coffee, drink it so you won't be sleep anymore!.", Jieun handed Rian her cup of coffee and say bye. "Huh..oh..that side..alright..Bye.", after saying bye, Rian went to the other direction to her class. *yawn*.."I'm so...slee..."...>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<..."YAH! watch where you are going...my shirt..huhuh", and incident(?) occur and there is coffee all over her shirt. "My papers, my papers.", Daehyun crouch down to pick up the papers he drop..and then got back up. "Bwoh?..you should be the one watching where you are going. Look, you spill coffee all over my papers!", he gave Rian a angry look. "You were the one bumping into me and spilling coffee all over my clothes!", Rian still trying to get coffee off her shirt not forgetting to look up at the guy and glare at him.

"Who cares about your shirt, look at this. *raised the paper up so she can see* what are you going to do about this, this is my works for my class...aishh chinja!!!"..."Bwoh?...who do he thinks he is to be yelling at me...aish..I was sleepy but after meeting him, i'm so angry...!!!".."Oh really?..then what about my shirt?...what are you going to do about it?...", Rian point to the brown dirty spot on her shirt and gave him a mean look. "How am I going to go to my classes look like this?...ottoke?...", Rian whispered to herself intented for him to here. "A shirt?...you can go buy that in some store close to here...no big deal...but my papers...where am I suppose to get a new one!?!?"..."What a..jerk."..."I don't know.!!.since I'm nice, I'm going to let this go..if I see you again..you better watch out....!", Rian gave him the death glare and walk away quickly. "YAH! YAH!", Daehyun yelled at her but there is no response..."Aish...first I'm late, and now my paper is all ruin!", Daehyun look down at his wet papers and frown. "If I see you again, you better watch out!".."Bwoh..who do she think she is..I hope I don't ever see her again...aish.!, Daehyun talk to himself and then gather up all the papers and went to class. 


..West Building..

"huhuhu...I don't want to go to class looking like this...stupid, stupid stupid!..", Rian frown and walk slowly to the room. "Oh!..aren't you the one I bump into at the mall in New York?..What was your name..Ri..Rian!", Daewoo tap her shoulder trying to get to turn around. "huh?...", Rian still in the middle of worrying about her class turn around and saw him. "hmm?..you are?...", Rian totally forgot about the incident. "Daewoo..remember I bump into you and your friend last week..I gave you my bussiness card. hehehe.", he smile brightly. "Oh...Daewoo...", still trying to remember back..."Oh yeah!...you..you..why are you here..?, Rian gave him a confusing look. "Umm..I go to school here...I lived here...hahah...what are you doing here...?", he asked Rian. "I just moved about one day ago...and I go to school here too." Daewoo notice the brown spot on Rian's shirt and asked her. "What happen to your shirt..?", he point to the obvious spot on her shirt. "I bump into someone again, and spill coffee over my shirt...AISH!...thinking about it again make me mad..He didn't even say sorry and keep on yelling at me. Now I have to go to class with an ugly spot on my shirt", Rian frown and start telling Daewoo about the early incident she has at the gate. "coffee hm?...Here. *takes off his sweater and handed it to Rian* You can cover that with this..then nobody will see the spot on your shirt...hehehe." "But...".."It's okay....I'm letting you borrow it..hehe", Daewoo smile slightly and signal her to put the sweater on. "Oh..thanks!..hehe..oh!..I'm late for class..I guess I'll see you later..THANK YOU!..", after putting the sweater on, she ran to her class. "No Probs! hahah!", Daewoo yelled back at her and went to his class. 


...East Building...

"Anneyonhasyo everyone..I am your professor for this class. Nice to meet everyone in this room...", the professor was speeaking in front of the room. "Now as everyone kno........". "Seat..seat..oh an open seat...", Daehyun walk quickly to an open seat and sat down. "Now..how am I going to...", he looks at his paper and frown. "What happen to your papers?", a girl(Jieun) sitting next to him asked. Daehyun didn't care to answer her question since he is normally cold to everyone..."Do you need another one of this?..I have extra..", Jieun handed to him the extra papers. He looks over to her, and saw the extra papers she has, "oh!...really you have extra...can I have it?...", Daehyun's eyes shine after seeing the perfectly clean papers compare to his. "uh..you can, here.", Jieun smile and give the papers to him. "yah...thank you...ummm...", Daehyun trying to look over to her desk to find her name. "Jieun. My name is Jieun..hehe.", knowing what he want to ask, she told him. "Hehe...Thank you Jieun..I'm Daehyun.", Daehyun scratched his head because of embarassment. "Are you new here, since I never see you before?". "yeah...I just transfered here this morning..hehe nice to meet you.", Jieun brought her hand out wanting to shake hand. "Nice to meet you too then.", Daehyun shake hand with her... The two introduce themself to each other then went back to studying.

.

.

"This is so confusing..I don't understand what the professor is saying...", Jieun whispered to herself and put her face down. 

"Of course you don't..it barely the first day..how are you going to understand..ahha.", Daehyun . "Okay everyone..class is over for today..I'll being seeing you next time. Bye!", the professor gather up his stuff and open the door for everyone to leave. It is the end of today class. Jieun and Daehyun both gather up their stuff and walk out together. "Hey, since you help me, I'll help you back on anything you don't understand. I need to repay you..haha. I can help you in the library today to get you catch up. "Right now?..sure..since I don't have anything to do, might as well study...Hold on..I need to call my friend.", Jieun told him and took out her phone to call someone. *ring ring ring* "oh, Jieunie is calling me.." Rian pick up her phone. "oh Jieun-ah?" "Rian!, mianeh, but you have to go home by yourself today..I have stay in the library to study.." "Wae?...Arraso..I'll see you back at home then.." "Uhm. Bye Rian!" "Bye bye.", Rian hang up....."Okay...I'm done. let go.".."Haha...it my first time ever tutoring anybody though...", Daehyun told her. "Really..?..Are you sure you will do a good job?", Jieun . "You don't believe me?..look, you will understand everything today.", Daehyun smile. And both of them walk to the library. 


"Hey, wait up!", Daewoo called out to someone in front. "huh?..", Rian turn back to see who it is. Daewoo was telling Rian to wait up. "Your still here..?", Daewoo ask her. "Uhmm..Jieun left me to go study and now I have to go home alone. "Just tell her Daewoo-ah..don't be afraid! Daewoo Fighting!".."Ummm..do want to go eat somewhere?, and I can take you home so you don't have to go alone..hehehe.", Daewoo scratch his head. "eat?..sure! since I'm hungry and I have nobody to talk to. Mission accepted..haha!", Rian smile.

"You did it Chang Daewoo..Assa!!!" ...

*On Daewoo's car*

"So, what do you want to eat?", Daewoo ask Rian while driving. "Hmm...Bulgogi!..hehe" "Yes ma'am!..Bulgogi here we go..hahah~", Daewoo smile and start driving to their destination. The two talk and had a fun time with each other. They decided to be each other friends and exchange each other numbers that afternoon...


...Rian's house...5:00pm...

"Komowoh!..Thanks for the tutoring haaha! I'll see you later.", Jieun got out of the car and wave goodbye to Daehyun. "Your welcome..haha..it was actually fun...See ya!.", Daehyun answered back and slowly drove away. Not so long after, a red car stop infront of Rian house. "Who that?", Jieun whipsered to herself. She saw Rian got off of the car and saw a familiar guy in the car. "Thank you sunbaenim haha.", Rian jokingly said. "I am not that old..so don't call me that." "Neh sunbaenim haha. Ok. bye Daewoo...hyung! There?..",  Rian . "Aigoo..stop teasing me, and go inside. hehe..Annyeong Rian." "Alright, annyeong!", Rian shut the door and waited for him to drive away and then walk in. "Boo!" "YAH! where did you come from?", Rian got scared after Jieun scared her. "what?, it only 5:00pm..not that dark outside..hahah.", Jieun laughed. "So tell me, who was the guy that was droping you off..hmm...", Jieun circle around her and look at her suspiciously. "Bwoh..you know him too. Remember the guy in New York?" "The guy in New York....Daewoo or something like that? The guy who bump into you?", Jieun eyes open wide. "What is he doing here in Korea?" "He lived here, duh! Babo-yah", Rian hit her in the head. "And he goes to the same school as we do. And so since you left me alone, we went to eat and he took me home.", Rian smiled. "Oh..and what this?..I didn't see you wearing this in the morning?", Jieun look at the sweater that Daewoo gave to Rian. "I forgot to give this back to him!..Ah I'm so clumsy. He gave it to me to hide my coffee spill. Look.", Rian showed her the coffee spill from this morning. "Ohm..when did you spill that?" "Ugh..long story I'll tell you inside. Lets go.", Rian told Jieun to go inside and started walking in. "Appa, umma we're home!", Rian yelled out then drag Jieun to her room.

Later that evening...the girls talks about their first day of school including, Rian's coffee spill incident, Jieun's tutor, and about Daewoo and their outing. Because they have been with each other for more then 10 years, they never kept any secret from each other. And also treat each other like siblings...

.

.