"What did you say? Korea?

What Is Love?

...New York, USA...September 22, 2013...


"Rian-ah, stop sleeping, you are going to be late for class!"...someone said as they nudge Rian to wake up. "Hmm...what class...let me sleep...", Rian said without opening her eyes. "Yah! Park Rian! You need to wake up right now!...If you don't..I will...tickles you!", the girl said and start to climb up the bed. "NO! You can't! I'm awake now, don't tickles me!", Rian open her eyes and yell at the other girl. "Aww why? I was going to tickles you.", the girl pout and look at her friend. "Jieun-ah..I'm so sleepy. I didn't sleep til 3 yesterday. Let me sleep please, please?", Rian beg her friend with her puppy eyes. "Arraso. Oh!...your appa told me that he need to tell us something important in the living room. Hurry up and let go out.", Jieun smile widely.

Rian got ready and the girls went out to the living room to greet Rian's father. ..

"Annyeonghasyo uncle and aunt." "Hello appa, umma!" Rian and Jieun bow to them. "I was waiting for you guys, here sit down. I need to tell you something important." "Neh!", both of them sit down across from his seat. "As you know, we are getting older everday...and it been a long time since we been living here. So me and your mom decided to move back to Korea. Both of you will also go with us.", Rian's dad said as he still looking at his newspaper. "WHAT? We are going back to Korea? Shireo! I don't want to." Rian stand up and cross her arm. 

"Rian-ah, you have to understand, umma and appa doesn't want to live far away from you two. We both doesn't want you to stay here by yourself. So this is our decision." Rian's umma pat Rian shoulder and calm her down. "Yeah Rian-ah. I guess it's ok over there in Korea. Since you were born there. You may as well come and visit?" Jieun also calm her friend down. "You should be like Jieun, and stop acting out. Appa care for you that why I am doing this. We decided to go next week. It should be enough time to pack your stuffs." "Wae appa, you guys decided without including me in?", Rian asked. "We know you will disagree..so we decided on our own." Rian's appa fold the newspaper and finally look at Rian. "Rian-ah, listen to your father, ok?"......"Hmm..Arraso..I will think of it as visiting only, if I don't like it...I will go back to the US.", Rian slightly smile. "Yes, I am sure you will love it. Also, Jieun is going with you, you guys will have good time in Korea.", Rian's mom started walking to the kitchen. "I'll see.."

After the conversation, the girl went back to Rian's room...

"Jieun-ah! I don't want to be far away from here. My home is here...", Rian went into her room and lay flat on top of her bed. "Well, Korea is your home place too, you should go check it out, since you never saw it again ever since you were 12.", Jieun told her friend and smile. "I think it's lovely over there...I want to check it out too. Think of it as a vacation..hehe" "Arraso..Hey! Jieun-ah! Do you want to go shopping now? Since we need to pack our stuff and I don't have classes today, lets go?!", Rian excited jump up and down on her bed. "Oh ok, if that what you want, skipping class and going shopping!", Jieun tease Rian and laughed. "Like you don't. Now, go get changes it's 1:00pm already. Balli balli." Rian pushed Jieun out of her room and shut the door. "o...k!" 

Both girls got dressed and started out to the door after getting permision from their parent. They drove to the mall near their home and got out. As they entering the mall...someone....ran into...Rian..almost knocking her down

"AHH!" "OH!..Are you ok? Sorry!", The guy who bump into Rian asked her. "No..You almost ran me over.", Rian reply back. "Sorry, I was in a rush, that I didn't see you guys...hehehe", he smile brightly trying to appologize.

"You should watch out for others next time..".."Rian-ah...stop being mean to him...he appologize already..", Jieun look at the guy then back at Rian. "OH, you guys are korean?..wah..I didn't expect to run into koreans in America..hehehe", The guy eyes open after being shock again. "huh? You are too?..", Jieun asked him and then look at Rian who is staring blankly..."Yea...My name is Daewoo, nice to meet you guys..hehe!", Daewoo smile and slightly wave at them. "I'm Jieun, and this is Rian...yah Rian...what are you staring at?" Jieun wave her hand at Daewoo then at Rian trying to get a reaction. 

"Why is he smiling so brightly after almost running someone over....Look at him....his smile is so cheesy...yet...warm...Rian ah...what are you doing...it not like it's the first time you ever met a guy..."

"Huh...oh..Hi!"..Rian face turn red because of embarassment and wave back at Daewoo...

After noticing that both of them are looking at each other, Rian try to change the subject quickly after things get awkward...

"Aren't you in a rush?.." Rian blurted out.."You are so rude...", Jieun whisper quitely enough to Rian so that Daewoo didn't hear them. "What...didn't he bump into me because he was in a hurry?"..Rian whispered back. "Oh yeah!..I need to go..sorry about before..here..*he hand Rian a small card*...If you need anything..just call me..hehe..I'll see you guys around then..BYE!", Daewoo run out the place not forgetting to waved goodbye to them. "BYE!", Jieun shout back at him after he disappeared..

*Looking at the small card that Daewoo handed to Rian...* "Why is he giving me his card?..".."Like I want it.", Rian whispered to herself then put it in her purse..."Why are you putting it in your purse if you don't want it?..Yah...you were staring at him like you want to eat him.", Jieun look at Rian suspiciously and shake her head..."Bwoh?!..I just keep it because.....because...didn't he said if we need anything call him?...Yea...just in case..he..he..he.."

"Really?...", Jieun question her suspiciously again..."Neh neh neh....now stop talking and let go shopping...you sound like my mom...I already have one at home..I don't need you too...!", Rian then push Jieun to walk..."Yah..you didn't answered me yet...", Jieun looking back at Rian still wanting an answered..."No, keep going..and stop talking..!"...

.

.

.

As one week goes by, The Park's family are getting ready to head out to the airport...After saying goodbye to everyone, Rian hug her bed one more time and head out to the car..

"Annyeong bed, Annyeong room..I'll miss you guys...huhuhu..!", she whispered to herself and wave everywhere.."Are you talking to the wall?...", Jieun came in and give her a weird look. "What..I'm just having a farewell with my house..!", She glance at Jieun and walk out..."Lets go..or you will call me weird again..!"..."You are...remember the time you broke your phone...you spent an hour look at it and saying goodbye to it before throwing it in the trash...!", Jieun remembering back while walking out with Rian. "Shhhh!...", Rian signal Jieun to shut up and both of them laughed....

They drove to the airport and say goodbye to everyone...the family then took off with the airplane going back to Seoul, Korea...a place where many miracles and unexpected things happens...