Aggravate

Entropy
aggravate
characters: Suho, Kai, Chen (as brothers), Sehun
rating: PG
setting: mobile fighter g gundam
 

 

Jongin was awoken by the muffled sound of arguing outside the door of his room. A toned arm untangled itself from the sheets, lifting to pinch the edge of the window curtain between middle and pointer finger. He pulled the thin fabric back to glance out the window with sleepy eyes, groaning when he saw it was still dark.
 
Rubbing one eye, he pushed himself up and out of bed. Pulling the drawstrings of his sweatpants tight, he padded over to the door, flicking the lock and pushing the door open. "What's with the ruckus?"
 
Jongin blinked when he saw Sehun standing there with Junmyeon, the latter still in his pyjamas while the former looked like he was fresh off a flight. Sehun was clutching one leather glove in a tightly clenched fist and as soon as he turned and saw Jongin, he closed the distance between them with quick long strides.
 
The taller man struck him across the cheek before he could react, leather sharp against his skin. His eyes widened in surprise before anger rose up in him. "The ? What was that for?"
 
"Tch. He doesn't even know." Sehun sneered, narrowing his eyes in a glare. Junmyeon looked worriedly between them both, already going to Sehun and putting a hand to his elbow, fingers pressing gently but prepared to tighten should the taller man lash out again.
 
Jongin scowled. He'd never liked Sehun, only tolerated him because he was sponsoring their Gundam team and because Junmyeon and Jongdae liked him. "How about you tell me then, instead of acting like you've got a stick up your ."
 
Sehun's lips pressed together, Junmyeon tightening the grip on his elbow. The taller man made no move to attack again, however, just glared pointedly at Jongin. "Jongdae took your Gundam and used it to fight. And now he's in the hospital."
 
Jongin felt his heart stop for a second. "He's ...in the hospital? But why..? Why would he take Pearl Gundam?"
 
"He was defending your honor. Thought if he fought in your place, that it'd be good enough." Junmyeon answered quietly, guiltily. A classic case of Achilles and Patroclus, and it had ended only fairly better. Banged up and in the hospital instead of dead. The eldest of the Kim brothers could only be glad it wasn't so true to story.
 
"Did he... lose?"
 
Sehun's temper flared for a moment, eyes flashing viciously as Junmyeon once again tightened the hold on his arm, nails biting through his coat. "He won."
 
Jongin was silent for a moment. "...which hospital is he in?"
 
Sehun turned to him sharply, glancing at Junmyeon. "No, don't tell him." He told the latter before speaking to Jongin, who had narrowed his eyes. "Until you shape up, you don't deserve to speak to him. Once you get it in your head that you're truly sorry, then your older brother will tell you."
 
"What the , Jongdae is my brother too! And you're not my father, what gives you the right to—"
 
"Exactly, he's your brother!" Sehun cut in, hissing angrily, "Which is why you keep taking him for granted like he's always going to be by your side. Situations like this happen because you treat the people who love you like rubbish!"
 
 

 

notes

so this was inspired by the mental image of sehun slapping jongin with a glove like a fancy gentleman.