Curiosity

The Story of the Moon, the Star and the Sun

As you and Ailee walked home arm in arm, you wondered back to the flash of light in front of you before..

"Ailee, did you happen to see a flash of light before you earlier?" you questioned.

"Hm, no not at all, why is that?" Ailee replied.

"No, it's nothing," you laughed, "My eyes have must've tricked me into seeing something imaginary."

As you were heading home without Ailee, another flash of light appeared but this time at a further distance.'

What is that thing? And why is it following me all of a sudden?

--------- Home

"Appa I'm home!" your voice rang throughout the house.

"Byul, where have you been all night and why did you not pick up my calls earlier?!" your dad came running to you with frustration.

"Oops yes well you see...," you stammered, "I..and..um.. Ailee sneaked out to see EXO-K live."

"YOU WHATTTT? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS WHEN YOU DID NOT PICK UP MY CALLS YOUNG WOMAN!" 

"I'M SORRY APPA! I promise I'll let you know next time!"

As your dad's face softened, you turned around and walked to your room in little strides. Upon entering your room, you take your boots off one by one and carefully place them beside your door. You then carefully unwrap your scarf and place it on the bed.

"Oh how I've missed youuuuu," you exclaimed before jumping face first on the bed. After turning around to lay on your back, you look at the stars on your ceiling, bright and sparkling.

I'm so glad these stars exist mum. I'm so glad I can look at them every night before I sleep and I am so grateful that you put them up for me to remind me that even when times are bad, they will eventually turn out to be not so bad. Thank you. And that was when tiredness consumed you and you drifted off to sleep.

With quiet steps, your dad comes in to turn your lights off. "Good night my ttal."

===== 
The next morning

*Yawns and stretches arms*

"Noona noona!! You're going to make me late!" Yoo Geun screams as he runs into your room, "It's 7:30 and appa says if you don't get up now then we're going to leave without you."

"OMO!! Shoot! Get out of my room now Yoo Geun!"

In a flash, you quickly get dressed into your school uniform and run out to the kitchen where your dad is standing with bread on a plate on one hand and your school bag in the other. As your everyday reflex, you grab the bread off the plate and swing your school bag on your shoulder.

"You need to improve getting up Byul. Let's get going now children," your dad sighed.

===== At school hallway

"BOO YEAH NOW LAST NIGHT WAS A GOOD NIGHT!" A Pink's Chorong chants down the hallway. She gives you a nasty smirk as she passes you but you don't notice as you're too busy fixated on opening your locker.

Why won't the damn locker door open you hiss under your breath.

"Did you need help with that?" a familiar voice asked as you turned around to see who it was. Upon noticing it was Hyunsik, your face flushes bright red.

"No no I'm fine really," you quickly turn your head around to avoid the embarrasment from the other night.

"Here, it looks like your struggling Byul, let me try and open it for you."

*Clicks open*

"You just need magic hands that's all," Hyunsik chuckled.

"Thank you," you said .

"Why are you trying to avoid me Byul?" Hyunsik questioned with curiosity.

"Haha oh I'm just so embarrased about the other night that's all."

"Ohhhh nah no need to be embarrased because I have two older sisters whom I need to buy pads for so to me it's normal," Hyunsik laughed.

*Bell rings*

===== Yoon's Dukbokki

"One soju and a plate of bulgogi here thanks!" a customer's voice rings in your ears.

"Yes, won't be a second ahjussi!" you replied whilst juggling multiple bottles of suju in your arms.

A couple of metres away, you see a tall figure dip into the tent and so you reply "Annyeonghaseyo."

The young man wearring tinted sunglasses seats himself down at an empty table, and you tell him to wait a moment without looking up as you are still helping your dad prepare the meal ordered by the previous customer.

"Sure thing," the husky-voiced guy replied whilst observing the tent in all directions.

After you serve the customer his soju and bulgogi, you swiftly go to the young man awaiting his turn for an order.

"I'm at Yoon's Dukbokki right?" the young man asks you.

"That's correct! Now what would you like to order?" you reply without taking your eyes off the notebook in your hand.

"Dukbokki please." 

On your plain notebook, you immedatiely note down dukbokki.

"Anything else? Soju, makgoli?"

"No, I'm fine."

"No worries, it won't take a minute." And at that moment, you return to the tiny kitchen to get going with the young man's order.

Hmm this guy looks like an idol - his hair, height, build and everything...

Before you could finish off your thoughts, you see that the next batch of dukbokki has been finished  by your dad and so you scoop that lot into the cup for the young man. Seeing as he was still seated, you stride over to give the hot cup of dukbokki for him although it is scortching hot in your hands.

"Here is your dukbokki Sir! $5 for that thanks," you say after placing it on the table in front of him.

*Hands out $10*

"Thanks and keep the change," he says smiling at you before grabbing the hot cup and dipping out the tent.

Another flash of light appears in front of you. 
What in the name is this light and what is it trying to tell me?