Jealousy

"My Favorite Guy"

"that was scary! it was fortunate that Sungyeol and the guards were just on time" Ella my friend said, we were gathered at the school cafeteria after such a while of not seeing each toher since we both are busy with our class and club schedules.

"so did you two finally hook up?!" Ann another friend of mine ask, just to change the mood.

"ya~ why do you suddenly change the topic into that, you're forever weird" i said defensively

"well you know aya, ann was right, we both can see that you two are gonna end up together anyway so why not now?" Ella ask getting curious. i have been friends with them two since middle school, so they pretty much know how close me and seungyeol are.

so we were in the middle of eating when Ann started talking again.

"what if.. Aya.. what if one day, suddenly a girl appear and confess to Sungyeol and try to get his heart?" Ann said while looking from a faw corner of the cafeteria. So that question from Ann is not just a random thing, there at the corner of the cafeteria were Sungyeol with his usual crowd and friends and a girl. There a not-your-ordinay-girl type was seated beside Sungyeol, Sungyeol friends were so into the girl but interestingly Sungyeol don't seem to be that interested.

so that afternoon when me and Sungyeol met to go home together, i thought of asking him about the girl.

"me and my friends saw you with a girl earlier at the cafeteria, is she from your class?" i ask trying to sound normal

"ah katherine, yeah she's new" Sungyeol said

"but why does he hang out with you guys instead of the girls?" i ask again

"i don't know, i don't even talk to her, she just follow us around" Sungyeol explain.

i was about to drop the topic when the very person from our topic appear in front of us.

"Hi Yeo..." the girl didn't manage to finish her greeting when she saw me. Then the girl started checking me from head to toe, which makes me a little irritated.

"oh katherine" sungyeol said without much emotion to his voice

"oh yeolie, i just thought if we could walk home together" katherine said flirting.

"sorry but i can't, as you can see..." to my surprise sungyeol grab my hand and intertwined our fingers, but i don't hate the idea, in fact i like it, especially after seeing katherine's reaction. 

"is.. is she your girlfriend?" katherine ask, i kind of look at sungyeol and waited what his reply will be.

"No" sungyeol replied to both katherine and my surprise.

"but why are you holding her hand like that?!" katherine ask getting frustrated.

"This girl here, is my future wife" Sungyeol said when he suddenly turn to look at me and smile, i was so caught in the moment that i just stare at his face that is briliantly shining along with his precious smile. Then that makes katherine give up and leave us alone. I was about to let go of his hands, when Sungyeol hold onto it tighter.

"what are you doing??" Sungyeol ask innocently

"katherine is gone so no need to pretend" i said

"who's pretending??!" Sungyeol replied and i was shocked i don't know how to process things or what, i don't know what's exactly happening right now.

"what do you mean by that?" i ask sungyeol, my heart has started beating so fast that i think sungyeol can hear my breathing, and then he hugged me.

"all i said just now is what i truly feel, that's my true feelings Aya, can you feel it?" sungyeol took my other hand and place it on his chest near his heart. "everyday i'm with you that's how fast my heart beats, thst's why i don't normally hug you, afraid that you'll know my true feelings" sungyeol said while looking straight into my eyes.

"aigoo that katherine just ruined everything, i was supposed to confess with you with a complete preparation and such, but having someone who sticks with me even if it's against my will makes me uncomfortable because you might think that i'm a player" sungyeol said. i was just looking at him appreciating everything about him.

"stupid" i blurted out

"huh?" sungyeol suddenly stop his ranting and turn to face me

"future wife? you could have just told her that were already married since that's what bound to happen in the near future anyway" i said smiling.

i can't believe that we actually do the whole confessing thing when were in the middle of the schools main gate where a lot of people are, so when we hug and kiss each other passionately we heard screaming, whistling and clapping, what's funny was there are teacher's passing by and they approach us to tell us that we are on the school grounds but ended up congratulating us too. A moment to remember indeed.