Sungmin's POV

A Bus Ride Home

 

A few more minutes and I can't wait to go back home. My day is so BORING. Nothing special. Just doing the same old routine over and over again. Wake up, eat breakfast, take a shower, getting ready for school and i'm on my way. Now when i'm in school, all I ever do is to attend each class and witness ryeowook fantasizing over our weirdo senior ,Yesung. Really. I don't even know Wookie's taste on why is he having a crush on that weirdo. All that weirdo ever do to him is touching his philtrum out all of a sudden when we are hanging out in the lobby and saying "You have the most gorgeous philtrum that I've ever saw" and walks away like nothing happened. Of all the things, why a PHILTRUM?! 

Then I feel that someone is tapping me at the back to stop me from my reverie. It's just then that I realize that classes are over.

"Minnie come on hurry up or I might not be able to see a glimpse of my hero!"

"Hero your face! And why call him hero if he hasn't done anything heroic to you?"

"Well...he inspires me to go to school very early and my grades went up because of him."

"Ugh.. stop. I just want to go home. I'm dead tired. I just want to finish my homeworks at home and go to sleep early with Mr. Bunny."

 

We wait in the lobby for a few minutes and see Wookie's blushing face when he receives a smile from the latter. Well at least he has something to look forward to. Looking at the weirdo's actions to him, there's a chance that he also has something for my best friend. Now here I am waiting for the bus to arrive all alone. It's actually not boring though because I often see Donghae and Eunhyuk teasing each other while waiting. Those two became my classmates last year and ever since then I always wonder if they have a thing for each other.

In a short while, the bus finally arrives. As I board the bus, I can only see four available seats which are at the second to the last part of the bus. So I dash to the seat on the right. Once I settle myself, I keep on wishing that hopefully I can have this seat only for me and place my bag at my side. But luck is not on my side this time...or is it?

 

The next thing that happened to me is just embarrassing. I didn't noticed that I'm staring for too long. It's like I am being hypnotized by those dark orbs next to me.

 

"I don't mind if you want to stare at me but your bag is really heavy." 

 

I just realize that he is carrying my bag and has a smirk on his face.

 

"S-sorry..." Sorry?! That's all I can say? Great Min! You're currently sitting next to a guy who you think that he is the most handsome being in the whole universe!!! But how can I? Right now I can feel that my face is hot or is it just the air condition? I grab my bag from him and just sit still and decide to look outside the window so that he won't notice my condition.

 

I have been like this for the whole trip. Yes, the WHOLE trip because we have the same bus stop. Sadly, our directions are opposite. I can't get him out of my mind since then. Why don't I notice him before? We have the same school and the same bus stop. It is just impossible. How can't I notice someone as handsome as him? Well i've got to find out myself tomorrow. I'll search for him during lunch and I need wookie's help.

 

______________________________________

 

I went to school early today. Not that I'm always late. I arrive to school just a fwe minutes before the bell rings. I'm just hoping that I may be able to ride the bus with him or get a glimpse of his face so early in the morning. When I open the classroom'd door, wookie is already on his chair staring at me weirdly.

 

"What? Is there something on my face?"

"Not really. It's just that you're early today than usual."

"I have my reasons.."

"Really now Lee Sungmin. You won't change your routine if there's nothing special for you to do it."

"I don't!", I'll just show pout at him and plead to stop.

"That will not work on me you . I'm your best friend. I'm the only who can resist your aegyo."

"Fine, i'll tell you then...." I laugh at him back.

 

Yeah, wookie is right. He's the only one who can resist my aegyo. We have been best friends since kindergarten. I go straight into my seat and put my bag. I face him at the back and started telling my story.

____________________________________

It's already lunch time and here I am looking around the cafeteria as I eat with Wookie.

"Yah! Stop searching and finish your food so you can have a time to flirt to that guy you are referring to." 

"You know that I don't flirt! Not like you~"

"Stop acting so innocent. Remember that guy Siwon? Oh how I remember the way you flirt with hi-"

"Let's just forget about him. He already has Kibum for all I care. And stop calling me flirt! At least i'm not like you who is a creeper staring at Yesung hyung from a far. How come you like th-. That's him!" I suddenly hide under the table. 

"What are you doing? You know that you look stupid right now. And who are you referring to?" He crosses his arms and searches around.

"The one playing with a game console with Heechul hyung and Hangeng hyung. Over there."

" You mean Cho Kyuhyun??? Just get out of there and make yourself look normal. Argh!"

I return again to my seat and nod. "Are you sure that's his name?"

"I'm not that stupid dear. He's the only one with the famous HanChul couple. He's also in the music club just like me and Sungie."

"How come I don't notice him before?"

"I know one thing is for sure that you'll be alone any minute."

"What? How come?"

"Because my hero is coming for me. Since we separated to go home yesterday, he approached me and invited me to hang out with him after eating my lunch."

"What the?! Now who's talking. You're the flirt one! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I am about to tell you okay! But you're busy searching for Cho Kyuhyun. Better start acting now bestie. Bye now~"

"What a friend..." 

Great. Now i'm all alone. I'll go back to class alone then. Sigh

 

_____________________________________

It has been 2 weeks since I last saw him. Where could he be? I'm already losing my hope to see him again. And I also keep on receiving text meesages from an unknown number. I don't have time for that! All I want is to see him even just for a while. Speaking of,  I received a message again from the unknown number.

To: Aegyo prince

Hi again! Why won't you reply to my messages? I'm getting lonely. Even just for one smiley? ^_^

From: Loki

 

"Wookie I've been receiving messages lately from an unknown number. Are you behind this?"

"Why would I?! I'm your best friend! It hurts you know." He pouts. 

"My babe is right Sungmin! He is innocent." Yesung hugs Ryeowook. These two.. They're already together after a week! Boy why am I not surprised.

"Yah! You two! Stop being so cuddly in front of me. It makes me want to puke." I look at my phone again and decided to just give a reply so he'll just stop.

 

To: Loki

ψ(`∇´)ψψ(`∇´)ψ

From: Aegyo prince

 

To: Aegyo prince

Finally! I thought you'll never reply! :D

From: Loki

 

To: Loki

So just you will stop! Who are you anyway? And to whom did you get my number???

From: Aegyo prince

 

To: Aegyo prince

I'm your prince from a far ㅋㅋㅋ and getting your number is a secret >:]

From: Loki

 

A prince from a far? Is he a stalker or what? But this is getting more interesting. Maybe i'll just add him as one of my pasttime.

 

____________________________________

"Hey Minnie.. you've been busy texting lately~"

"Huh? Oh..yeah. This unknown loki is making me happy anyway."

"But how about Cho Kyuhyun? You don't like him anymore? Hmm?"

"I don't know.... Somehow i haven't seen him  since we saw him in the cafeteria." Suddenly I feel my phone vibrate.

 

To: Aegyo prince

I know this is sudden but I want to ask you something personally. (。-_-。)

From: Loki

 

W-wait... Personally?! "W-wookie! Loki suddenly want us to meet personally! What will I do??? What will I reply? This so freaking me out!"

"Then say yes. You want to finally meet him right? And i'm sure that you'll be happy about it."

"Babe is right sungmin. It's obvious that you want to meet the guy already. It's been weeks you know."

"I'm not talking to you weirdo. Anyways, help me with this! You are the flirt one wookie!"

"Hey! You're also a flirt you know! And are you even listening to me? I said say okay!"

"F-fine. Here it goes..."

 

To: Loki

Okay. When and where? (^ω^)

From: Aegyo prince

 

To: Aegyo prince

Tomorrow after class inside the bus . See you~ (^_^)

From: Loki

 

Inside the bus? We go home together? How come i don't notice someone texting when i'm inside the bus? I'm getting really nervous! What will he look like? How will I react? Is he handsome? Maybe he is not. What the heck am I even thinking?! I need calm down. That's right. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale... Oh what the heck. This isn't working. 

 

_______________________________________

 

"Uhm Min? Are you okay? You look terrible."

"Yeah sungmin. Are you alright? Would you like Ddangkoma to help you? I'll get him from the science lab if you like.."

"No thank you weirdo. I just wasn't able to sleep properly. And stop eating wookie! You already finished you lunch."

"I'm not eating my babe you know." He gestured his hand defensively.

"Yeah right.."

"He wasn't eating me min. He's just kissing my cheek. That's all.."

"Oh stop defending your weird boyfriend."

 

________________________________________

 

Time is so fast today. The last time i've checked it's still 1:30pm but it became 4 all of a sudden. Classes are already over. Why so fast? I'm really nervous right now. He hasn't even texted me in the morning. He always sends me sweet greetings to start my day. Now i'm doubting if he'll show up. Will he ever show up?  What if he don't? If I ever had the chance to know who he is, i'll beat him with Mr. Bunny! I'm gonna shake his life out if i ever had the chance. I'll even drown him to our school's swimming pool! If ever he didn't show up, i'll-

"Yah sungmin! Will you even ride the bus?" Suddenly donghae called out to me. The bus is already here?! That fast?! Why is it that  time is not on my side today? Sigh.

"U-uh....yeah."

As I board the bus, I go straight at the seat second to the last at the right side. It's a seat for two. So i settle myself there and place my bag next to me.

*Bam!*

"w-wait!" Suddenly CHO ING KYUHYUN boarded the bus. He looks like he went to chase the bus. Why see him in this kind of time? I am really happy with LOKI! Is this my day or not?! Now he is looking around maybe looking for a seat and suddenly settled his eyes on me. Wait. Am I the one who he is looking at? I take a look at my back and saw the person sleeping. Then Cho Kyuhyun is now on his way to me and i just froze.

"H-hey.." Did he just stutter?

"H-h-hi.."  Now i'm feeling myself blushing.

"You're so cute. Oh and thank you for saving me a seat." He smirked.

"Ha? W-what? Oh! Sadly no.. this seat is not for you."

"Really? The last time that i read my text message... we will meet in this bus."

"M-maybe it's from ano-"

"Hi I'm Loki." Showing his hand for me to shake.

"H-hi i'm......." I blinked a few times. Did I heard it right?

"What? I'm sorry. I think i heard you wrong. What were you saying?"

He chuckled and showed that smirk again. "Really, you're really cute aegyo prince. I'm Loki. Your textmate?"

"..."

"Since i'm not getting any response... I'll just ask my question then." He smiled and a long pause. "Would you like me to ride with you home oh and if you like..also going to school everyday?"

"....YES!!! OF COURSE I DO!" I jumped to him and give him a hug.

 

Wow...now i think having a bus ride home is not boring after all. <3

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there! Done with my first one-shot! Please be good to me.. (T ^ T)

Sorry for my wrong grammars and spellings. 

I didn't rechecked this.

I'll gladly receive your comments. 

Thank you!