Epilogue PART |

Aside from fanfictions.

Wufan walked in as he sighed. The house half-lit with the lights. Food arranged on the table itself. Silence is the only sound to be heard. Its been 3 years since Yun and Yan had brought home Yuan. Time has let them make a lot of changes. Zitao and Wufan's conversations becomes shorter and shorter, and now, silence surround them. Not the usual comforting silence. The awkward silence. 

Wufan walked right past the kitchen and into the bedroom. He looked to the bed and gave out another long sigh. Zitao's structure lay under the blanket, his soft snores could be heard. Wufan quickly went into the restroom and took a shower. Trying to help himself forget the long day. Running his hands through his hair and finally got out of the shower. 

When he got out to the bedroom, he saw Zitao sitting, still drowsy, but he was sitting and waiting. He quickly put his clothes into the dirty bin and made his way to Zitao's side.

"Fan... I think we should talk a bit... Im getting a bit uncomfortable with the silence." Zitao let out, letting the grief drag along.

Wufan followed along. Taking Zitao's hands into his own, gripping onto it tightly.

"What do you want to do about it? Hm?"

"I- I dont know... I just.. Want to do something. The silence is getting longer, and more awkward. Only when Yun,Yan,Or Yuan is around that we arnt awkward. I dont want that." 

"Thats what Im trying to ask. What do you want to do? Im getting busier with the kids everyday. Being promoted from kinder to 4th. Grades gets harder. And everything is just complicated. You are barely making it with the restruant you are working in. What do you want to do. Honestly tell me."

"I- I-"

"Why dont we break it off then? Since life is becoming harder. We dont feel that comfort that we used to. We can barely survive for 2 with the earnings we make. Lets break it off. Is that what you were thinking?"

"NO!! No... I wasnt thinking that... No way..."

"Then, thats that. Now, how about we end this conversation and gets some shut eye?"

Zitao only nodded before laying his back against the matress.

Even with the blanket and the matress making a sandwich out of him. He could still feel the cold. Reaching over Wufan, he grabbed his arms and situated himself. 

Wufan looked down and sighed. Holding onto the cold body. He misses this. His arms being wrapped onto an organism. The same one he loves.

After they finished missing the feeling, they finally fell into deep slumber.

 

 

Zitao woke up the next morning. Still early. Having hours left before either of them left for work. Nevermind, its the weekend. Ignoring the time, he turned and snuggled closer to the warmth, the tried to get more sleep. Yet, he couldnt. The words of Wufan still bothers him. He could never think of a divorce or anything like that. Its like losing his life and being pushed right back to the beginning. The dicomfort held in his heart. 

Due to movement, Wufan woke up as well. His eyes still groggily. He sigh before looking down to check if Zitao was awake. Knowing him, Zitao wasnt the type to rise early. Surprisingly, he was though. Eyes staring back. Only for a split second before burying his face back into Wufan's chest. 

"I- I miss this..." Zitao mumbled.

"I do too. And why are you stuttering so much? You arent the type to stutter you know."

"I dont know... Its- Its just that... I dont know why, but I just feel afraid. Like something is about to happen. Something that I wont like."

"Me too. That discomfort feeling?"

"Ye-Yea.. That feeling..."

Before Wufan can reply, his phone rang. He reached over Zitao, and grabbed his phone, pressing it against his ear.

Discomfort written all over his face before hanging up and totally ignoring the call.

"What was it?" 

"Nothing.. Just a call from an old friend. She wanted to meet up."

"Then are you going to meet up with her? We dont have work today. We dont have work for the next 2 days. I get days off this week." 

"Maybe. Are you busy? Since we both only have a day off once in a while, Why dont we go around in the city?"

"Im... Im not busy.. Not really.. I wanted to visit Yun and Yan today. Since they have late work today."

"Alright. We can do that too. We can go visit them, And if possible, We can take Yuan around too."

"Mm.. Lets do that." 

Zitao continued to lay in the comforting warmth radiating off of Wufan as he closed his eyes. Discomfort from before lifting off a little bit. Drowsiness take over him before he drifts off to sleep.

Wufan looks back down after hearing soft snores, finding Zitao back into his slumber. He chuckled lightly before holding him closer.

"I miss this, and yet, you can fall asleep so easily." He gave a small smile.

 

 

The second time Zitao woke up, he found Wufan just staring at him. To be honest, he was quite shocked.

"Finally awake? Sleeping beauty." Wufan teased.

Zitao laughed as he lightly hit Wufan's chest.

"Lets wake up now. We should eat breakfast and then get along to Yun and Yan's house."

"Okay."

They got up before proceeding into the restroom.

Zitao escaped first, finding his way into the kitchen, looking over to the table. Finding the food he setted up still laying there.

"Fan, You didnt eat the dinner? Did you think I was poisoning the food?" Zitao pouted.

"No. I didnt eat because I was tired and wasnt up for the appetite. So I decided to just shower and go to sleep. AND I wasnt expecting a talk with you either... But I guess it was necessary."

"Oh... Okay. Can you bring them here?"

Wufan picked up the plates and slide them onto the counter next to Zitao. 

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

After Zitao finished decomposing the leftover dishes and started new ones, they finally got to eat their breakfast.

"Did you call Yun and Yan yet? To tell them we were coming." Wufan asked, before placing food into his mouth.

"Yes... I called them a while back... Before going into the kitchen."

"Alright, lets eat then. We should eat a bit faster before they go without us visiting them"

"Well.. I told them that if we dont come 15 minutes before they left, they can drive Yuan over to our house."

"That would do too."

They continued eating and keeping up the conversation. Zitao felt like their Relationship was saved in SO MANY ways. They aren't eating in a rush, they arent eating in silence, they dont have to give short glances at each other. They are just taking their time eating, making sense, and looking at each other with the same pair of eyes they first met with.

After they finally finished eating and Zitao finished washing the dishes with the aid of Wufan, they went to get dressed. As expected, Wufan finished first, He walked out into the living room before plopping down onto the couch.

He sat there and waited for Zitao to come out. A knock was made at the door as the doorbell was runged twice. He opened the door as a tiny child attacked his leg.

"Hey there Dad. Well, We're leaving Yuan here right? Can we come in to see-"  Before Yan could finish, Tao interupted.


This is all Im writing for now. Part 2 should be up soon.. 
I think this will have 3 parts at max. 2 parts minimum...