Chapter 3

It All Started With A Lie

YOUR POV

“~~~~~-ah, where are you?” Yoona asked as I answered her call. I was in my classroom and was about to leave because my class just ended. Yoona and I were supposed to meet at the cafeteria after my class because she said she had to tell me something.

“I’m on my way,” I answered and walked in a fast pace. I wonder what she wanted to tell me that she couldn’t say it over the phone. She said it was very important. I was near the entrance of the cafeteria when I stopped as I thought of something.

Could it be because of… him? Was she going to tell me something about…. Kim Jaejoong? Or maybe she would-

I shook my head at the thought.

  No, Yoona said she would tell me something… not introduce me to someone…

But what if what she would tell me was something about her relationship with him? That there is something going on with them….

I shook my head again at the thought. Maybe I was just overreacting. I mean, they were just able to get together and interact with each other for one week. It was impossible for them to start dating in just a short time…. Right? Yoona would definitely tell me immediately, even over the phone.

Yes, she would tell me….

With that thought, I was able to calm myself. I immediately went inside as I felt my phone vibrated again. I was sure it was Yoona asking where I was again. I looked around and searched for her.

I saw her sitting at one corner, talking to someone. She was facing my side and the man he was talking with had his back on me so I couldn’t see his face. But that didn’t become a hindrance for me to not know who he was. Just by the fast beating of my heart, I already knew who he was….

…. Kim Jaejoong….

I didn’t know what to do but I could hear a little voice in my head telling me to run and go away from this place before Yoona could see me…

But luck was not on my side. I was just about to step back when Yoona turned to my direction and saw me. She waved at me happily. I didn’t know what to do. I just focused my gaze at Yoona but I could feel that he was looking at me.

I gulped as I forced my feet to move before Yoona could notice that something was wrong with me.

I didn’t know how long it took for me to came near them… the only thing I knew was that him, Kim Jaejoong, the man I and Yoona both loved, was for the first time, looking at me... and that soon, I would be able to talk to him… with my best friend around… who also liked him…

“Hey, ~~~~~-ah! What took you so long?” Yoona asked as soon as I got near them. She immediately held my hand and pulled me to sit beside her.

“So, Jaejoong-ssi, this is my best friend, Shim ~~~~~. ~~~~~-ah, this is my theology partner, Kim Jaejoong,” Yoona introduced us cheerfully.

“Hi, ~~~~~-ssi! It’s nice meeting you,” I heard him greeted me. I bit my lip and calmed myself before I slowly looked at him.

He was smiling at me.

“I-it’s n-nice meeting you, too,” I said in a low voice.

“Jaejoong-ssi, is it alright if ~~~~~-ah will join us here?” Yoona asked. I looked at her with questioning eyes. “We’re going to do our project but I wanted you two to meet so I just grabbed this chance to do it,” she explained as she whispered to me.

“I-if that’s the case, I’ll just---“

“It’s fine.”

I looked at Kim Jaejoong as he spoke. He smiled at us.

“That’s great! ~~~~-ah, tell us your opinion on our project, okay?” Yoona asked me and I just unconsciously nodded.

For the whole hour, I just watched them do their project. I just stayed quiet and would just talk when they asked me something. This felt so awkward. There were times that I couldn’t help but look at him, looking if something changed in him physically because I hadn’t seen him for a while now. Ever since I found out that he was the man Yoona liked, I forced myself to stopped watching him… loving him…

But every time I heard Yoona’s voice, I immediately turned my gaze away from him because I felt like… I was doing something bad… something I shouldn’t do…

Since that day, I found myself thinking of excuses not to be with them… distancing myself away from them… We all became busy due to school requirements and I was glad for it because I got excuses every time they asked me.

I knew Yoona could notice it but she was not saying anything or doing anything. She didn’t confront me or ask me why. We still talked and got together sometimes but not like before because she spent more time with him.

Second semester came and we got more separated because we seldom have classes together. I separated myself more from them especially when I saw them being sweet. I didn’t know the real score between them but I knew they were not yet a couple. Yoona would tell me if they were. Weeks passed that nothing changed. I thought we would just stay like this but no, because one day, Yoona confronted me.

I was currently at the cafeteria having my lunch. I only had a one hour break before my next class would start. Suddenly, someone sat beside me. I looked at the person and saw my best friend’s serious face. I smiled at her.

“Why are you here? You have a class, right?”

She just looked at me. I was about to talk again when she spoke.

“Yah, Shim ~~~~~~! What is wrong with you? Do you hate me so much?” she asked.

“What are you talking about? I don’t hate you,” I said and she pouted.

“Then why are you separating yourself away from me?” she asked like a child and I chuckled. I missed this. I just felt how much I missed my best friend…. My sister…

“We both became very busy with school works. And our schedules conflict so we couldn’t really see each other that much,” I answered in half-truth. She sighed and hugged me.

“I miss you, my best friend,” she said and I smiled as I hugged her back.

We let go of each other as we heard someone coughed, getting our attention. I felt my heart jumped as I saw who it was.

“I knew something’s going on between the two of you,” Yunho oppa, Jaejoong’s best friend teased as he sat in front of me. Jaejoong then sat in front of Yoona.

“Hi, ~~~~~-ah. It’s been a while,” he greeted me with a smile. I just smiled back at him.

“So, tell us, how long have you been hiding your relationship?” Yunho oppa teased Yoona and I more.

“Yah, Jung Yunho, what is it with you?” Yoona asked in an irritated voice. They were always like that. Yunho oppa just smirked and looked at Jaejoong. “Yah, Jae-ah, I told you something is wrong with this girl. I can’t believe she’s your girlfriend. You should break up with her, she’s a homoual.”

“Yah! Who’s homoual? Are you talking about yourself? I knew you have feelings for Jaejoong oppa so you kept on saying bad things about me and telling him to break up with me!”

Yoona and Yunho oppa continued to irritate each other but I couldn’t understand what they were talking about anymore. Only one thing remained in my mind…. The fact that Yoona and Jaejoong were… a couple now…

I looked at Jaejoong and saw him smiling while shaking his head as he watched the two fought. Was that true? Are they really…

“Y-Yoona-ah, you didn’t tell me… that you two are already a… couple,” I asked Yoona in a very low voice. She looked at me and smiled at me.

“Sorry, ~~~~~-ah! We have no time to see or talk to each other so I haven’t had the chance to tell you,” she said and looked at me apologetically. She looked at Jaejoong and held his hand. “But now, I will like to formally introduce to you my boyfriend,” she said and looked at him lovingly.

“I…” I was lost for words. I couldn’t even think straight.

“See, even ~~~~~-ah don’t like the two of you being together,” Yunho oppa said and that was when I realized what I was doing. What was happening to me? I couldn’t let them know… I couldn’t let them notice…. That I was hurt by their news…

I forced myself to smile until I found myself laughing a little.

“What are you talking about? Of course not! I’m happy for them. I was just shocked because Yoona didn’t tell me anything,” I told Yunho  oppa.

Yoona pouted and hugged me again.

“I’m sorry, ~~~~~-ah. I really am,” she said sincerely. I patted her arm and chuckled.

“Fine, I forgive you,” I told her. I then forced myself to look at Jaejoong. “Don’t ever hurt my friend, okay? Or you’ll have me as your enemy,” I threatened him jokingly. He just chuckled and nod at me.

“I know. Don’t worry,” he said.

We chatted for the whole hour, catching up with each other. I talked, I smiled, I laughed…

But inside, I cried…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Good afternoon, ma’am!”

I looked at the entrance of my coffee shop as I heard Aiyoung, one of my employees, greeted a customer.

“Good afternoon to you, too, Aiyoung!” Yoona said with a smile as she went inside. She immediately went towards me.

After graduation, my mother gave me money to start up a business. I decided to open a coffee shop since I love coffees and pastries. Many also said that they love the coffees and pastries that I made. It had been six months since graduation and even though I was just starting, many saw potential in my business.

Yoona was working under the company of his father while Jaejoong oppa was now the president of the company left by their parents. Everyone had been very busy.

Thinking of Jaejoong oppa, I seldom see him. Ever since that day that we kissed, I felt awkward whenever he was around because I felt like I betrayed my best friend. It was a good thing that we all became very busy. The last time I saw him was when I opened my coffee shop. He didn’t know anything. He didn’t remember what happened… and I didn’t know if I should feel happy because he wouldn’t felt awkward around me or I should felt bad because something that was very important for me… he already forgot…

But looking at my best friend’s happy face, I think I should feel happy…

Speaking of my best friend, there was something different with her.

“What happened?” I asked as soon as she sat in front of me.

“Guess,” she challenged, smiling widely.

“Hmmm, you closed a deal?” I guessed. Every time she closed a deal in their company, she always came to me to tell me about it.

“Nope. I’ll give you a clue. It has nothing to do with the company or my work,” she said and I smiled as I shook my head. She was still the same as always, playful.

I thought more of the reasons that could make her smile. Other than her work, it should be her family or…

I suddenly lost my smile as I thought of something. I looked at Yoona again and saw her glowing face. No… Don’t tell me…

She smiled as she had read my mind. She then showed me her hand… her finger… her engagement ring….

“Jaejoong oppa proposed to me yesterday and I said yes!” she shouted and looked at me happily. I gulped as I forced myself to smile.

“I… C-Congratulations!” I said and she started telling me the details on how Jaejoong oppa proposed to her. I just kept smiling, nodding, telling her it was great, that I was happy for her… for them…

I thought nothing would hurt me more when I found out that my best friend and I were loving the same person…

But no…

Because this time, it hurt a hundred more times….

Even though I knew…

Even though I expected it to happen…

Even though no one knew…

It still hurt so much…

… it was not just my heart that was broken… but  also my dreams…

Because I knew… even if I forced myself to move on, to think that we couldn’t be together, there was a part of me wishing… hoping… that there will be a chance for us to be together…

But now, he would get married… and that little chance… little hope I have… crushed right in front of me…

How I hoped… how I wished for something to come… to happen so I could not felt this hurt anymore…

I thought that that was my biggest heartache but no… because something happened…

…a tragedy came…

We were at Yoona’s house with BoA unnie, Yoona’s mother, and the wedding planner to talk for some details about the wedding. Jaejoong oppa was in France, handling a major deal for their company. His meeting ended yesterday and he would be back today.

Suddenly, BoA unnie’s phone rang. She excused herself as she answered the phone. We went back to what we were doing.

“No! That can’t be!”

We all looked at BoA unnie as she shouted; tears were falling nonstop on her cheeks. Yoona and I looked at each other and I knew, we felt the same… like something was not right… like something bad happened…

We immediately stood up and went to BoA unnie to pacify her.

“W-what happened?” Yoona asked nervously.

I didn’t know why but I suddenly clutched my chest as my heart was filled with worry. And unconsciously, Jaejoong oppa’s face came to my mind…

No… It couldn’t be…

BoA unnie looked at Yoona and hugged her…

Between sobs, she was able to say the words that crushed our world.

END OF POV

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! It's been a while? How are all of you? 

Sorry for the late update, I just became really busy with school works, hehe.

Anyways, thank u to my new subscribers:

hanapark6002 kyayong10Epiphany_xsari_pikapika MaxZy23happymandoo ItskristenkimanneanneCassieIndo hellokitty120 

and also those who left a comment:

hanapark6002_DyNaR_anneanne

that's all for now!

bye!

n_n

DATE: February 2, 2014