Chapter 2

It All Started With A Lie

 

YOUR POV

“Hey, you’re so quiet,” Yoona said as she nudged me. I looked up at her.

“W-what?”

We were currently in our classroom, waiting for our professor to come.

“I said, you’re so quiet. Do you have a problem?” she asked, becoming worried.

“N-no, I’m fine,” I said as I forced myself to smile at her like nothing was wrong…

“O-okay,” she just replied but it was obvious that she didn’t believe me.

She was right… because something was wrong…

I held my bag as I remembered that Kim Jaejoong’s ID was in there. Maybe…

Just maybe…

… there was still a chance that they were not the same person…

Maybe it wasn’t him…

… Maybe…

Oh, God, please don’t let it be him…

I gulped before I looked again at Yoona.

“Y-yoona-ah…” I started.

“Yeah?” she asked, smiling at me, knowing that I would now tell her what was wrong with me.

“Y-your crush… that K-kim J-Jaejoong…” Again, I stopped.

“Yeah…?” she asked curiously.

“I-I bumped with someone a while ago… and I picked up his ID….”

“Hmmm…” she said, encouraging me to continue. I opened my bag and held the ID. I felt like I was holding a bomb… that once I showed it to Yoona, the truth would explode right through my face… and that something within me was going to break…

…and I was afraid….

“And…?” Yoona asked when I didn’t say anything.

No, there might still be a chance that I was overreacting…

I closed my eyes as I pulled the ID out of my bag and showed it to Yoona.

“Oh My God, Bes! This is him!”

Those words… just those words…. And I felt like my world stopped and my heart was broken into pieces…

“Bes, I told you, we are meant to be! Fate let you have his ID so that I can give it back to him and…”

I couldn’t understand what Yoona was saying anymore… I couldn’t hear anything but my own heart being broken…

Oh God… why…

… why does it have to be my best friend…

_______________________________________________

“~~~~~-ah!” Yoona was running towards me happily. “I am so glad the graduation ceremony is finally over! We’re finally graduates!” she said.

“Aigoo, this daughter of mine is so hyper today,” Mr. Im, Yoona’s father said, shaking his head. But he was smiling, feeling very proud for his daughter. His wife was standing beside him, also smiling.

“Of course, dad! Today is the end of one chapter of my life, and also a beginning,” Yoona defended herself. “Auntie, may I borrow ~~~~~-ah for a while?” she asked my mother who nodded.

I was with my mother, my only family. My father died two years ago from a car accident. My mother was actually working in Canada but she went home to attend my graduation. From now on, I was going to live alone in an apartment. Yoona was going back to their house. We were living in the dormitory for the past four years so tomorrow; it was going to be different again.

Yoona pulled me towards our other friends and we hugged and said our farewells. We couldn’t help but cry a little as we talked about the years we spent with each other.

“Tsk, tsk… girls are really emotional,” Yunho oppa, Jaejoong oppa’s friend, teased us upon seeing us cry.

“Yah, Jung Yunho, that’s normal. I was also like that when I graduated,” BoA unnie defended us.

BoA unnie was Jaejoong oppa’s older sister. She was not only his older sister but also his mother and father. Their parents were already dead, leaving them behind. That was why they both matured at a very early age, considering that all the fortune of their family was given to them. They were still both young then but they had overcome every obstacle that came their way.

“”Congratulations, ~~~~~-ah!” Jaejoong oppa said, smiling at me.

“Congratulations to you too,” I said, returning his smile.

“We should celebrate!” Yoona appeared and hugged Jaejoong oppa. I immediately looked away.

I knew it had already been a long time. They were a couple for more than three years already and I could see that they really love each other. They fought, too, but they always came back to each other.

“Let’s have a party in my house tonight!” Yunho oppa shouted and we all agreed.

Later that night, all of our friends and classmates came to Yunho oppa’s house. Everyone was having fun.

“Babe, don’t drink too much, you’re still going to drive,” Yoona reminded Jaejoong oppa. He fetched us a while ago so he was also going to drive us home.

“Don’t worry. You can sleep here tonight,” Yunho oppa said. “You should let your boyfriend enjoy tonight, okay?”

“Fine, fine.”

“~~~~~-ah, you’re not going to drink alcohol?” Yunho oppa asked me, seeing that I was only drinking an orange juice.

“No, I’m fine with this,” I said, pointing at my drink. Yoona chuckled.

“Jung Yunho, you’ve known us for four years now and you still don’t know that ~~~~~-ah don’t like alcohol?” Yoona chuckled.

“I know, okay? I was just thinking that she might want to try now that she’s not anymore a student.”

“That would be next to impossible.”

“It is not impossible.” He then looked at me again. “Come on, ~~~~~-ah. Try at least one glass. We’ll just give you a light drink,” Yunho oppa persuaded me.

“Yah, Jung Yunho! You’re such a bad influence!” Yoona scolded Yunho oppa, resting her head on Jaejoong oppa’s shoulder who in turn put his arm around her.

“Yunho, don’t force ~~~~~-ah,” Jaejoong oppa said, shaking his head.

“Come on, it’s just a light drink,” Yunho oppa said as he got one glass from the table.  He offered it to me. “Here, ~~~~~-ah, try it.”

“No, I’m fine with my drink,” I refused. Yoona and Jaejoong oppa laughed at Yunho oppa.

“I told you,” Yoona said.

“Fine…” Yunho oppa sighed.

“Excuse me, I have to go to the comfort room, “I said and went up the house where the comfort room was located.

“Oh, ~~~~~-ah!” BoA unnie smiled at me as she went out of the comfort room. I smiled at her. She was part of our circle of friends so it was not surprising that she was also here. Even her boyfriend, Yoochun oppa, was here. “Where is my brother?”

“He’s downstairs, with Yoona and Yunho oppa,” I answered.

“They really love each other, right?” she said with a smile on her face.

“Y-yeah, so much,” I answered. I couldn’t look at her in the eyes.

“Yeah, he loves her so much. This was the first time I’ve seen him this serious about a girl… that he is thinking of spending his whole life with her.”

“W-what do you mean?”

No, it couldn’t be…

“Well, that brother of mine was thinking of proposing to your best friend. Well, not yet anyway. He still wants to concentrate first to our family business….”

He…

… he was thinking of proposing to her?

I knew I should be happy for them…

Yoona’s dream was going to come true…

I knew I should be happy…

…but I couldn’t…

Because along with achieving my best friend’s dream was the end of my own.

“Hey, ~~~~~-ah! Are you listening to me?”

I looked at BoA unnie as I felt her hand on my shoulder.

“Are you alright?” she asked, concern in her voice.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine.”

“Oh, well, don’t tell Yoona yet, okay? After all, it would still be long before that would happen. My brother was just planning for now.”

“O-okay,” I answered in a low voice.

“Are you going to use the comfort room?” she asked and I nodded.” Okay, I’ll be going downstairs, then,” she said and went away.

I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t move my feet.

All that was on my mind was that soon…

… my best friend and the man I loved…

… would be engage…

I didn’t know what happen but I just felt my feet moving, going to the direction of the bar counter. Almost everyone was outside and there were just a few people inside.

I sat on one of the stool and looked at the bartender.

“Please give me any hard drink,” I said and he immediately did it.

The first sip of the alcohol, I immediately put the glass down. Okay, I wasn’t really fond of drinking but…

As I looked outside, I saw Yoona and Jaejoong oppa dancing happily. I gripped the glass of alcohol tighter and brought it to my mouth. I drank it all in one shot. I could feel it burning in my throat. But… it felt nice…

… because it was slowly numbing me…the pain….

“One more, please,” I told the bartender.

I didn’t know how many I’d drank but I felt that it was already having an effect on me.

I got up from my seat. I had to go to the comfort room. I wasn’t drunk. I could still think clearly. I was just feeling a little light-headed.

I went up the stairs again to go to the comfort room. I was already near it when I saw a familiar figure walking towards it; his hands were on the wall to support himself.

I immediately helped and supported him.

“Oh, ~~~~~-ah! Where have you been? Yoona was looking for you,” Jaejoong oppa said, putting his arm around me to get support.

Even though I was a little light-headed, I could still feel my heart beating so fast from our closeness.

“Oppa, you’re drunk,” I said.

“I’m not…. drunk,” he said.

“Where is Yoona?” I asked.

“Downstairs, with Noona,” he answered. I was about to say something more when he outbalanced. Because I was supporting him, I went down in the floor with him.

I immediately sat up and helped him sat and lean on the wall.

“I’ll call Yunho oppa,” I said and was about to get up when I felt him pull me towards him.

I could feel my heart beat even faster as I noticed how closed we were… especially our face. I looked at him and found him also looking at me.

“You’re beautiful…” he whispered.

“O-oppa.” I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t even think straight. All I could think was that I was wrapped in the arms of the man that I loved. I saw him looked at my eyes, my nose…. and my lips…

“Have you ever been kissed before?” he asked.

I gulped.

He raised his hand and touched my cheek. And slowly, like a slow motion, his face descended into mine.

I closed my eyes as I felt his lips touched mine. I put my hands in his shoulders to support myself.

The first brush of his lips into mine brought an emotion within me that I had never felt before…

The kiss was gentle, like he was testing how much I could give, how I would respond…

I didn’t want him to be disappointed… I didn’t want this moment to end yet so I copied the way he kissed me…

He groaned and held the back of my neck, kissing me deeply.

And once again, I copied him.

I couldn’t believe this was happening…

This only happened in my dreams…

…but…

… today, right now, I wasn’t dreaming…

…it was real…

Jaejoong oppa, the man I loved, was kissing me…

He was kissing me like he loved me and not---

I immediately pushed him away as I remembered Yoona’s smiling face.

I immediately got up and looked at Jaejoong oppa. He was still leaning on the wall, closing his eyes. He was falling asleep…

I touched my lips as I remembered what happened…

No…

… I couldn’t believe I just did that…

…. I couldn’t believe that I kissed my best friend’s boyfriend…

I closed my eyes painfully, feeling the tears that were threatening to fall any minute…

I’m so sorry, Yoona…

… so sorry…

END OF POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Here is the second chapter. As u can notice, the plot is fast. As I said, this might be just a short story so expect that the happenings/events will be fast, hehe.

Anyway, thank u so much my new subscribers:

my_haven07,Shy-And-Awkward-GirlzzullyBlueSolifiedq2amalialovexxanny,DarlovejaeChunNong12,dekahus15,lucialuchez,jaeshinki,vsh112,jj4ever,oppajj

And to those who left a comment:

_DyNaR_: haha! welcome. and thank u again for the comment. about him being yoona's boyfriend, I just think that will make the story more dramatic, haha! anyways, thank u again! n_n

jj4ever: hi! here is the new update! thank u for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it. i hope u'll tell me again what u think of this new chapter to help me improve. n_n


so, that's it for today!

my exams will be next week so I don't know if I can update at that time but i promise, I'll update as soon as I can!

Have a good day!

n_n

DATE: October 6, 2013