Chapter 6: The Lonely

I've Already Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Sulli Pov [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The birds outside perched upon the thin brown tree branches began chirping as I stood there staring out of the window. It was exactly 5:00 am.

I didn't sleep a peep last night, quite honestly I didn't really need to sleep. After all, it's been some time since I've died and things like this don't affect the dead. It's just like how human emotions shouldn't affect me and how I don't belong here on Earth.

"Sulli-sshi... Why are you awake so early," A tiny voice murmured.

"It's nothing much, I was just wonder what those popular kids went after you know," I lied as I turned around to face the bookish girl, "And since when were you awake Sohyun?"

"Um, since a half and hour ago... Sulli-shi, would you like to have breakfast with my family. I'm greatful for what you did for me yesterday," Sohyun timidly told me.

"Nah, I'm fine and drop the honorifics. It doesn't feel right and I think I'm going to figure out more about the Jung- Jajangmyeon here. I crave to eat those noodles right now," I lied with a nervous smile on my face.

Sohyun looked at me strangely before she pipped up, "You shouldn't eat those kind of noodles in the morning and what do you want to know about the Jungs anyway?"

"It's nothing, I just accidently said that word," I scoffed hoping that she'd let it go. (A/N: Insert picture of Elsa from Frozen)

She nodded and then declared, "Come on you're eating dinner with us Jin!"

"Ok- who's Jin?" I almost fell for her trick.

"Oh sorry, Jinri was an old childhood friend of mine and that was her nickname. You kind of look similar to her and you sure act like her too," Sohyun nonchalantly said as she turned around to start her day.

"I'm not hungry so I uh- need some fresh air! I'm going out for a walk and thanks for the stay, I'll just crash at someone else's place tonight! I'll be back to take my stuff later!" I tell Sohyun before bolting past her.

I hear Sohyun calling me, but I just giggled and ran off into the neighborhood. At some point I reached some sort of oh-so dark alley that you see those 'cool' people hangout at in movies. However, here I saw a girl sleepy against the walk with cigarettes piled up near her right hand. Her hair seemed very greasy and she reeked the smell of alcohol.

She suddenly shifted and accused, "Are you looking for a fight?"

"No, I was just wondering why you decided to settle down here with all your stuff unprotected. I mean the rain can fall down any day at anytime and those preps..." I began to reason in a quick nervous voice afraid of this new side of Jiyoung.

She turned to look up at me with her oily face and said, "Don't be afraid, you didn't do nothing wrong. I thank you for being concerned, but when it rains I do go back to my Dad's house."

"Why don't you go now?" I blurted out with curosity.

"It's none of you business and I think you should go now," She told me sternly as she reached into her pocket to for another cigarette.

I watched her light the cigarette and bring it to her dried lips. She puffed out smoke from the orangish yellow and white stick and then stared at me as a smoky yet strangely comforting smell spread through the air.

Finally she stood up and looked me directly in the eye before she inquired, "Aren't you going to leave now? You know you would seem less strange if you did. In fact, you'd be just like all the other kids here- well most of them at least."

"But I didn't grow up here like them," I told the partial truth since before I died as a child I did move from place to place.

"That's true but outsiders usually find me dangerous and scary," She smirked as she let black ashes from the her used up cigarette fall to the floor.

I look at her with a funny look and claimed, "I need to learn how to survive on the streets. You look like you need a friend and you are the right person to go to."

"What makes you think that?" She laughs at me and then lets her cigarette fall to the ground before she squishes it with her foot and stains the sidewalk.

"If you were really that bad you'd hang around with the preps and you should stop smoking. It harms peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter