Chapter 1: The Lost One

I've Already Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Krystal POV[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]I wonder why everyone never remembers people that move away. How is it that they can forget so easily?

It should be impossible that the memory of such a lovely person that created so many things in our lives can just slip away. Choi Jinri was the new girl that taught us what is was like to have fun; to live. Yet Suzy, Sohyun, and even Jiyoung don't even recall her name and what kind of a person she was. Now we've drifted apart and become friends with different people. We don't even really talk much anymore. Still, how could they all forget such an important person? She taught me what a real best friend was, with her always sitting next to me at lunch no matter how popular she was and always standing up for me no matter how stupid I was. 

To be honest, she was the only person who was truly nice to me and made me feel like a normal child. It's funny that I still remember that I was sad when she moved away seven years ago. I'm fourteen now for god's sake... I should be over this by now. But I can't help but feel guilty for when I didn't get to say goodbye or even mutter a single word to her before she left. I've also wondered how it must feel to lose so many friends with every move. I've only come to realize now why she was distant at first. She didn't want to get hurt again. 

If only I had been smarter as a kid. Maybe I could have saved her. Then again, I'm only a useless child that is absolutely talentless. I don't know why some people even kindly take the time to become my 'friend'. Ha, I can't get any worse than I am now! Isn't that right mom?! I'll never be able to become your prized child like my sister is. I'm worthless.

"Krystal, why are you in your room again!? Didn't I tell you to come downstairs and do it at the kitchen table while I'm cooking?" my mother yelled at me with her strident voice.

Tch, if I went downstairs you would only scold me for the slightest thing I do wrong.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I murmured, answering quickly and loudly so she wouldn't complain about me taking a long time to answer her.

I hurried down the stairs after taking a minute or two to finish the rest of my math homework. Then, when I saw her, she stood in front of me, angry once again; like she always was. I already knew what she was going to say and I knew it wouldn't be any better if I talked back, so I ignored her. She would just scoff at me even more if I did answer her.

"Why didn't you come down immediately? Do you want me to be five minutes late from picking up you at school just for answering a simple question?! Why are you so slow?" My mother scolded me as she had for too many years.

I could only stand there as she threw more of her meaningless insults at me. She doesn't even pick me up from school anymore and I'm actually glad that she doesn't. Most people would be too lazy to walk but for me, walking to school and walking back to home were the best times of my miserable days. I would be free from the stupidity of society ehckh... And that was a blessing to me. After ten minutes, my mother started to add on to her argument... Well more like rephrasing her past statements in different words like the mad woman she was. Either way, those insults had already been branded into my mind to the point where I always knew what would be spewing out of . She then grew angrier at me when I only stood there and listened with an expressionless face. Her face contorted when she didn't see me react, but I knew it was better to just keep quiet and let it pass by.

Then she uttered out the same nonsense, "Are you happy making me angry you ungrateful child? Do you want me to die of high blood pressure??? You know I'm sick and it's no good for my health. Do you like to argue with me? The only thing you are smart at is arguing you useless piece of crap!"

I stood there, stoic, before replying, "I have to do homework now and I get what you mean now. I'm sorry and I'll try to not do it again."

What she's asking from me is perfection and to be a robot that will perhaps exist in the future days. Either way, for me to do everything correctly is impossible as the stupid child she calls me.

"No! You don't get it you impatient child, look you just wasted 15 minutes here doing absolutely nothing! At this rate you'll never get to school you lazy fool! I won't let you eat dinner until you've finished all your homework including English School homework and playing piano for an hour!" My mother spat at me. "In fact, go play piano right now!"

"Fine, I'll go!" I said 'a little bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter