TWO.

Words Meet Heartbeats

A couple weeks passed and I didn’t see Sungmin for some time. I was back to be my cheerful, upbeat self. The girls and I were hard at work, practicing for our new Japanese single.

SM was planning to send us back to Japan for some more promotions and a few extra concerts. We would be leaving in a few hours and needless to say, we were all excited.

After practice, we all returned to the dorm for some last-minute packing. I sat on my soft bed and watched Taeyeon throw various things into her suitcase wildly.

“You should’ve started packing a week ago, Taeyeon!” I told her, amused.

She sighed heavily and rummaged through her dresser, looking for more clothes. “I know, I know. I haven’t had time.”

“Wae? What were you so busy with?” I asked.

Taeyeon blushed slightly, which was rare. “N-Nothing, Sunny! I meant that I forgot.”

I snorted. “Whatever. Lies.”

She rolled her eyes and finished folding her last shirt. She tucked it away in her suitcase and zipped it shut. “Believe what you want, Sunny.”

I stuck my tongue out at her in a childish manner and lugged my yellow suitcase out into the living room. The other girls were all just sitting around.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were both texting furiously at inhuman speeds. Seohyun was most likely playing a game on her laptop. Jessica and Tiffany were painting each others’ toenails and having a conversation in English. Yoona and Yuri had their faces glued behind a fashion magazine.

“Hi, guys!” I greeted.

All I got were, “Hey, Sunny!” or “Hi, Sunny!” I shook my head, smiling.

I plopped down on the floor next to Hyoyeon. “Whatcha doing?”

Sooyoung grinned. “Texting her BOYFRIEND.”

Hyoyeon glared. “Yah, he’s not my boyfriend!”

“Eunhyuk?” I guessed.

Hyoyeon looked surprised. “Heh? How’d you know?”

I shrugged. “Lucky guess.”

“Manager-oppa is outside with the car!” Sooyoung announced. “Let’s go!”

“Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany called. “We’re leaving for Japan!”

Taeyeon sprinted out of our bedroom, lugging her suitcase along. “Alright, does everyone have their things?”

“NE!” we replied in unison.

“Good!” Taeyeon nodded approvingly. “Let’s go!”

Everyone flooded out of the dorm excitedly. I hung back and looked around the dorm, knowing that I probably wouldn’t see it for some time. I smiled wistfully and walked out last, shutting the door behind me.

The car ride was pretty quiet. The girls had calmed down and were all listening to their own music or just doing their own thing.

I glanced over at Sooyoung. She kept smiling at her phone. What was she even doing?

I tried to sneakily take a peek at her cell phone screen. She noticed right away and laughed. “Yah, Sunny! What do you think you’re doing?”

I pouted. “I wanted to see what you were doing~”

“Then ask! And stop using your aegyo!” Sooyoung pretended to punch me. She showed me her phone.

Oh.

She was texting Sungmin.

I instantly looked away. “Oh, that’s cool.”

Yoona turned slightly in her seat to smile sympathetically at me.

In no time at all, we had arrived at the airport. Manager-oppa found someone to take our things through security.

We all frowned, confused.

“Why aren’t we going through security yet?” Taeyeon asked.

Manager-oppa just smiled. “I just thought you wanted to see some of your friends before you leave for Japan.” she gestured to a group of boys sitting down not too far away.

All of our faces broke out into huge grins.

Leeteuk, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin began making their way towards us.

“What are you guys doing here?” Jessica demanded, hitting Heechul on the shoulder. “And why didn’t you tell us?”

“Stop hitting me and maybe we’ll explain!” Heechul rubbed his shoulder affectionately.

Leeteuk pulled Taeyeon into a warm hug immediately and Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon began hugging and babbling on like they hadn’t seen each other in years.

Donghae went around and hugged each girl for a few seconds. He went back to hug Tiffany a second time. Yuri then teased a very red Tiffany. Siwon ruffled Yoona’s hair, which resulted in mass hysteria.

Not really, but Yoona was pretty upset. Siwon laughed and hugged her, which I think made up for it.

Seohyun and Kyuhyun were talking animatedly a few feet away from us. I couldn’t blame them--we probably seemed like a bunch of crazies, screaming and hugging and hitting each other.

Sooyoung was clinging on to Sungmin behind me. I didn’t even want to know what they were doing.

“Unfortunately, not everyone could make it.” Sungmin shrugged. “But we all wanted to see you off before you go!”

“How sweet of you,” I mumbled sarcastically under my breath, sticking close to Jessica and Heechul.

“Yah, Sunny!” Heechul nudged me in the arm. “Why so quiet?”

I blinked a few times. “I don’t know.”

Jessica took a glimpse at Sooyoung and Sungmin. “Ah, I see. Are you jealous of them?”

“Heck no.” I responded immediately.

“That’s what you’re saying on the outside...” Heechul trailed off with a devilish smirk.

“Yah, Kim Heechul! Stop smirking--you look creepy!” Jessica scolded.

“Aish, you sound like my mother.”

“Bwoh?!”

Heechul hugged her quickly. “Just kidding, of course.”

“Time to go!” Manager-oppa told us.

Leeteuk ruffled my hair and wished us luck. Heechul hugged me before hugging Jessica, Taeyeon, and Yoona one last time. Eunhyuk and Donghae both hugged me together--figures, they always do things together. Siwon wished me luck as well, before joining his group at the entrance.

Kyuhyun patted my head and smiled. “Don’t worry--it’ll get better.”

I stared at him, confused. “What do you mean?”

“Sungmin.” he winked.

I frowned, even more confused. “Bwoh? What about him?”

Kyuhyun waved nonchalantly, walking over to the entrance of the airport.

The other girls started heading towards the security section with Manager-oppa. I was about to catch up with them when a hand gripped my shoulder firmly.

I glared at my shoes.

Sungmin.

“Did you think you were gonna leave without a goodbye from me?” he whirled me around and smiled.

I felt ready to burst. Was he just here to tease me again? Would he leave terrible memories burned into my head right as I was about to leave?

“Just stop, please. Do you know how much pain you constantly cause me?” I said bluntly, feeling on the verge of tears.

“You’re always teasing me and putting me down. Let’s just face the facts: You don’t care about me.”

He opened his mouth, ready to interrupt me, but I wouldn’t let him.

“You know...I wish I was Sooyoung sometimes. The way you’re smiling at her, talking to her, looking at her...I’m jealous of her, really.” I took a few steps back and used my sleeve to wipe at my eyes.

“Sungmin...why do you hate me?”

He just smiled again, this time more gently. He stepped back towards me and put both of his hands on my shoulders. “Sunny-yah, you should know better than that. I don’t hate you.”

I stared at him in disbelief. “What are you--?”

He pulled me into his chest then. Was he...hugging me?

I whimpered quietly as he my hair. “I wanted you to notice me. I thought that if I constantly teased you, you would notice me. Ah...I’m stupid for thinking that. I hurt you a lot. I'm sorry, Sunny.”

I drew back from his arms. “W-Why would you want me to notice you?”

He smiled shyly, something that was very rare. Sungmin wasn’t usually a timid person. “I like you, Sunny.”

My eyes widened slightly. “You...?”

Sungmin sighed. “Now I’ve probably ruined everything. You don’t like me that way, right?” he turned his back to me, slowly walking back to his group.

“Yah, Lee Sungmin!” I pounded my fists on his back. “Listen to me!”

He turned to face me. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling at the moment. “Ne, Sunny?”

“Has it ever occurred to you,” I started strongly, “That I might...” my voice faltered.

Sungmin smiled. “That you...?”

“That I...” I trailed off, not able to form a complete sentence.

“LEE SOONKYU! WE HAVE TO GO NOW!” Sooyoung hollered at me loudly from far away.

“JUST KISS HIM!” the other girls told me with big grins on their faces.

I blushed. Sungmin tilted my face up to meet his eyes. “Sunny?”

“N-Ne?” I replied nervously.

His face came close to mine and our lips met. He kissed me softly and I felt fireworks go off in my stomach. He drew back after a few seconds. “Saranghae, SoonKyu.”

Those words made my heart beat rapidly. It was an odd sensation that I couldn’t describe. The way my heart was thumping...I knew for sure now.

I just smiled cutely. “Saranghae, Sungmin...”

“Sungmin-oppa,” he corrected, tapping me on the nose.

I scrunched up my nose and pouted. “Ani!”

He chuckled. “You’re adorable.” he pulled me in for one last hug. “I’ll miss you. Hurry up and come back to Korea.”

I nodded into his chest. “I promise.”

“Don’t love anyone else.” Sungmin said with a bit of seriousness in his voice. “You’re only mine.”

I laughed. “Arasso, arasso. I need to go.” I sprinted to catch up with the girls. “SARANGHAE!” I called.

I could see him grinning and making a heart with his arms.

“Yah, what took you so long?” Jessica joked, acting like she didn’t the scene that just unfurled in front of her.

“How was the kiss?” Yuri asked, eager for details.

“Is he a good kisser?” Sooyoung wondered.

I swatted their hands away. “You guys don’t need to know these things!”

“We’re your sisters--we NEED to know!” Tiffany grinned.

“I’ll tell you guys on the plane.” I mumbled.

Taeyeon laughed loudly. “Sunny is embarrassed~”

“Unnie, is Sungmin-oppa your boyfriend now?” Seohyun asked curiously.

“I don’t know.” I muttered, looking away from the girls.

“I think that’s a yes.” Yoona smiled and my hair. “I’m glad you’re happy, Sunny.”

---

Once on the plane, most of the girls fell asleep right away. Tiffany’s head was heavy on my shoulder, but I didn’t mind.

I felt a little vibration from my pocket. Frowning, I pulled out my cell phone, wondering who could have sent me a text message. I pressed a button and inspected the bright screen.

Annyeong, Sunny~

You’re probably on the plane right now, huh?

I never got a chance to wish you good luck in your promotions!

Hwaiting^^~

Don’t be cute for other guys, okay?

I smiled to myself. Sungmin was pretty protective; I was glad for that, though.

I’m so happy now--and it’s all because of you~

Stay safe in Japan. Hey, next time, come and practice your Japanese with me!

It would give us an excuse to be together. :)

Saranghae. <3

          - Your Sungmin-oppa

“YOUR Sungmin-oppa?”

I shrieked and jumped up. “S-Sooyoung!”

She grinned deviously. “You should know I don’t sleep on airplanes. Silly girl.”

“O-Oh, yeah. I forgot.” I grinned cheekily.

“You guys are so mushy together.” she shook her head. “It’s like twice the aegyo...I think I need to vomit now.”

I rolled my eyes. “Go eat or something.”

“Oh, good call...” and she scurried off to find the flight attendant.

---

“Who would have thought that little Sungmin would be the first to get a girlfriend?” Heechul smirked widely.

Sungmin frowned. “I’m not that little! I’m older than them!”

He jabbed his thumb towards the backseat of the van, where Eunhyuk and Donghae were sharing headphones and dancing wildly to music like rambunctious kids.

Leeteuk smiled. “Aren’t you glad that I suggested we go to the airport so you could work things out with her?”

Kyuhyun chuckled evilly. “Hyung, you just wanted to see Taeyeon-sshi again.”

Leeteuk glared. “Did not.”

Siwon coughed. “Did too.”

“Oh, like you weren’t getting cozy with Seohyun!” Leeteuk shot back at the maknae

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun spluttered. “We weren’t the ones hugging and kissing and stuff!”

“That’s right.” Siwon nodded firmly. “You two are too young for that.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at Siwon and pouted. “Hyung, I’m already 23!”

“Then act like it!” Heechul shouted, slipping a pair of cool shades on.

“Why are you wearing those?” Sungmin asked.

“Bwoh? Is there a law that I can’t?”

Sungmin scratched the back of his neck. “Ani...It’s just that it’s dark outside. What reason is there to wear sunglasses?”

“I need to disguise myself.” Heechul said plainly.

Leeteuk laughed. “You’re wearing red pants! Anyone would know that you’re Kim Heechul.”

“Oh, you’re right. Shoot.” he turned to Kyuhyun. “Kyu, switch me pants.”

Kyuhyun’s face contorted into a mixture of confusion and shock. “What the--NO!”

“Eunhyuk!” Heechul slapped Eunhyuk’s leg.

“MIANHE, HYOYEONNIE!”

Donghae took off his headphones and stared at Eunhyuk, perplexed. “Eunhyukkie, what are you talking about?”

“You sound crazy!” Sungmin laughed.

Eunhyuk blushed. “Ah, um, forget it.”

Donghae’s confused expression suddenly morphed into an idiotic grin. “Were you daydreaming about Hyoyeon?”

“ANIYO!”

“Oh, I can’t wait to tell her!” Donghae said giddily, whipping out his cell phone.

“Should I tweet about this?” Heechul contemplated, staring at the Twitter homepage on his phone.

Give it to me, love; baby, I need you.

Give it to me, love; baby, I need you!

Sungmin looked alarmed and silenced his phone immediately.

“Hey, that’s your ringtone for Sunny!” Kyuhyun said, recognizing it.

“You have a special ringtone for her?” Leeteuk asked with his eyebrows raised, amused.

Siwon snorted. “Like you don’t have a special ringtone for Taeyeon-sshi.”

“I DON’T!” Leeteuk denied.

“It’s not good to lie, Teukie-hyung!” Donghae advised.

Leeteuk grumbled a string of things under his breath.

Sungmin opened up the new text message from Sunny and began reading.

Sungmin-oppa~

Mianhe for the late reply!

We just arrived in Japan and checked into our hotel.

The girls are already knocked out, hehe.

I’m the only one still up! Sica, too.

She wants me to tell you to tell Heechul to not post things about us on Twitter.

Sungmin flashed the screen to Heechul. Heechul skimmed through it quickly and looked mildly surprised. “Yah, how’d she know I would do that?”

Sungmin shrugged. “She’s Jessica.”

“That, she is.” Heechul muttered.

Thanks for all the encouragement! ^_^

And I promise I’ll only be cute for some guys.

Just kidding, heehee.

Psh, how good are you at speaking Japanese anyway? :)

I love you, too~

          Love, Sunny <3

“Aww, how endearing.”

Sungmin jumped and turned his head to the right, meeting Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Aish, you evil maknae!”

Kyuhyun grinned evilly and hopped back to his seat. “Must be nice to be in a relationship...”

Sungmin sighed, content. “Ne.” he smirked at his dongsaeng. “So when are you gonna ask Seohyun?”

Kyuhyun glared and was about to open his mouth to retort, when Siwon objected, “He’s too young!”

“Isn’t she with Yonghwa?” Leeteuk asked.

“No, no, that was fake!” Heechul answered.

“SeoKyu!” Eunhyuk and Donghae cheered simultaneously.

“Aish, can’t you guys shut up?” Kyuhyun put two hands over his ears.

“SEOKYU, SEOKYU, SEOKYU~”

“I’m telling you guys, he’s too young!” Siwon insisted, his fatherly instincts coming out.

Sungmin chuckled at his friends. His eyes moved back to Sunny’s message.

Sunny’s message. To him.

She loved him.

He hoped that they would last for a long, long time.

Naega babo gataseo...

“SEE?! I TOLD you his ringtone for Taeyeon was Taeyeon!”

It would be a long ride home, Sungmin predicted.

 

Ugh, fail. I never like any of my works. x(

Well, this is COMPLETE. Hope you all enjoyed this little piece~

C O M M E N T ? It'd make my day. :)