Four

Crown Prince's Love

It’s been two weeks since Kai known Miyoung, and Kai have been working in the children’s department with Miyoung. Well, since Mr. Park knows that Kai is the crown prince, he doesn’t even dare to give him any hard work but playing with the children and under his request, spending time with Miyoung.

It has been awhile Kai was actually attached to something ‘useful’ to do instead of playing around. And it’s an amusement for his brothers when they found out about him working for the charity.

Besides that, rumors about him liking a servant at the children’s department spread and it isn’t completely untrue although he would still deny it.

 

First. It’s true that he liked a girl in the children’s department. But she isn’t a servant nor a maid but an highly-ranked official’s daughter, Miyoung. Second. He did not just like her. Instead he found himself falling and loving her. But he doesn’t know if she feels the same.

Kai started to open up to Miyoung. Telling her all about his past, which isn’t entirely true as he cut out all the parts saying that he’s the crown prince and stuffs. Being the clueless girl Miyoung is, she still didn’t know that the person she have been spending time with, the person who she slowly started to have feeling for is the crown prince.

 

In this two weeks, Kai have been showing the side of himself that no one normally sees. He plays, fools around, laughed and did all the playful and funny things around Miyoung. To others, he might have seen crazy or nuts but to Miyoung, she thinks he’s just acting the way he is and is totally adored to it. Loving this side of him the most.

 

As for Joonmyun, he always wanted to spend time with Miyoung… alone. Suho slowly show his affections for Miyoung but she was not aware of it yet. But Kai always get in his way.  And he somehow hates it.

Every since young, Kai always gets what he wants. He gets all the best toys. He gets all the love from their father. Everything. Suho’s just a prince. He’s just there as an official. Nothing much, nothing less.

Kai have wanted to confess the truth about his identity to Miyoung but he never has the guts to do so, in fear that Miyoung would hate him then. Kai casually scrolled to the pond and saw a familiar figure walking around the pond. Gathering up all the courage, Kai finally decided to tell.

 

“Miyoung!”

 

Miyoung immediately turned around at the sources of Kai’s voice. She smiled and waved at him cheerfully. In this two weeks time, Miyoung found herself liking Kai more than she should.

 

“Kai!”

“Er. Em. Miyoung, can we talk?”

 

Kai asked nervously.

 

“You’re already talking, but yeah. What is it?”

 

Miyoung looked at Kai curiously, wondering what he was about to say to her.

 

“But, promise me that you won’t be mad if I say this to you.”

“Huh? Is there something wrong? Why are you acting so… weird?”

“Just promise me.”

“Okay okay. Fine. What is it?”

“I’m not the Kai you know.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I’m a prince.”

“I know. Wait. WHAT?”

“I’m Prince Kai. The crown prince.”

“…”

“…”

 

Kai heard small laughter coming from Miyoung as he finally look up.

 

“Miyoung?”

“You’re Prince Kai. Not the Kai I know. Haha. This isn’t funny, Kai.”

“It’s true.”

 

Kai said barely a whisper when he saw the dejected look on Miyoung’s face. Miyoung looked up at Kai, into his eyes as she felt hot steams forming in her eyes.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. Prince Kai. I’m actually quite busy now, if you excuse me.”

“N-”

 

Miyoung said bowing her head. She flash him one last weak smile before walking running away from him. Miyoung ran as fast as her legs would carry her and came to a stopped at the park. She lean her back against the tree trunk and thought in confusion.

 

Why am I feeling this way?

It doesn’t really matter who he is, right?

We’re nothing but friends. Aren’t we?

I should be happy that I have a prince friend, don’t i?

W-why am I crying?

No.

 

She doesn’t know what she feels. She’s confused about her own feelings.

 

Kai is just a friend, isn’t he?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kai could only stare at Miyoung’s back as she ran away. He wanted to run after her. Comfort her. Leaving her alone is the last thing he would do but his leg weren’t letting him.

 

Miyoung... I’m sorry.


Author's note:

 

Forth chapter. Is this going too fast? Hope not. I'm making this short so yeah.

My exam is in 12 days and i'm panicking tbh ;w;

I told myself i hated cliche stories and yet i'm always writing them -sighs-

Enjoy~

 

 

inspiritfriend

(12/10/13)