One

Crown Prince's Love

“Hyung! Pass it to me!”

 

Kai, the crown prince shouted from across the field towards his hyung, Chanyeol, who was having the ball. It was a normal Sunday morning where Kai and his brothers along with some friends was playing soccer at the open field located at the desert part of the palace.

 

“Yes!”

 

The fifteen year old Kai shouted after he made a goal. High-fiving his teammates, they sat down at the side of the field, sweating hard. Gulping down the water that was passed by the servants, Kai smiled at his exhausted hyungs.

 

“Hyung. You looked terrible.”

 

He said to them and they laughed along. Kai looked at every one of them and found one of his brothers not there.

 

Probably busy.

 

Kai thought. He seldom meets with his hyungs nowadays as they’re always busy.

 

“We’re sorry, Your Hig- Kai. But we have worked to do.”

 

After a long silence, Kris, the eldest among them excused himself along with the others. Because for their brother, they took a half day leave and now, they have to go back to work.

 

“Okay. Come play with me when you’re free.”

 

Kai said to them and bid his goodbyes, sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Please? I really want to meet hyung.”

“No, Your Highness, Prince Joonmyun is busy.”

“Bu- but. I didn’t see him for months now.”

“Your highness, no. He’s probably busy with work.”

 

Mr. Jung, Kai’s personal assistant since Kai in his diaper days reminded Kai who was angered to meet Prince Joonmyun, Kai’s half brother who he idolize and loved.

 

“Kyungsoo! Are you coming with me or not?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at Kai and hesitated before agreeing.

 

“My decision is final.”

 

Kai said before running out of his room in normal clothing that he asked his best friend/swordsman, Kyungsoo to prepare. Although Kyungsoo is small in size, he’s actually one of the best fighters in the whole dynasty, that’s why he was the one who was chosen to protect the crown prince at any cost.

 

Aish. How could the whole kingdom depend on this king in the future?

 

Mr. Jung thought to himself and sighed as he watched Kai’s figure run off the other direction.

~~

Kai ran out as fast as his legs could carry him and stopped by a cherry tree to catch his breath. He smiled as his hands reached out to pluck some. Until someone shouted at him which causes him to freeze.

 

“YAH! What are you doing!”

 

A voice shouted to him and he stopped what he was about to do and slowly turned in fear to see the king or queen, caught him escaping the palace him stealing cherries. But standing in front of him was neither king nor queen but a young pretty lady.

 

W-woah~ S-she’s pretty.

 

Kai thought as he fully turned towards the girl’s direction. She was wearing a simple yet pretty hanbok and several kids were standing beside her. She looks like she’s thirteen or more, but she definitely looks younger than Kai, himself.

 

“HEY! I’m asking you a question! What are you doing here?”

 

She asked again, crossing her arms on her chest which Kai found it cute. He couldn’t help but to admire her features. The way her foreword darkens when she frowns, the way her nose twitch when a snow landed on it, and the way her lips goes down when Kai still did not answer her.

She sighed and decided to observe the boy in front of her instead. Slightly taller than her, looks like her age, and with the clothes he’s wearing, she assumed at he’s either one of the workers there or some trespasser.

 

“Who a-are you?”

“Em… I-I’m a- a er- volunteer- for the charity but I think I’m lost.”

 

Kai quickly thought out a lie. He doesn’t know why he even bothered to lie to an innocent, harmless girl.

 

“Oh. Really? Which department are you from?”

 

The girl asked innocently, completely buying his lie. Kai sigh in relief and smiled at the girl in front of him.

 

“Children’s department.”

“Eh? You’re at the right place! Let me bring you to Mr. Park. He’s the one in charged here.”

 

The girl grabbed Kai’s hand and started pulling him with her. The children following close behind them.

 

|Dudum dudum dudum|

 

Kai’s heartbeat increased as he made contact with the girl. Light, unnoticeable blush is probably visible on his cheeks now. The girl turned behind and smile warmly at him.

 

“My name is Miyoung, by the way. Yours?”

“Jongin. But you can call me Kai.”

“Nice to meet you, Kai-shii.”

 

Miyoung bowed her head slightly and soon enough, the two of them reached the main office of the children department.

 

“Sir, there’s a Jongin guy saying that he’s a volunteer for this department.”

 

A older man who is working on his papers looked up at the source of Miyoung’s voice. He smiled warmly at Miyoung and turned to the visitor, standing beside her. He was shocked and scared at the sight of the crown prince there.

 

“Prince Ka-”

“Hi, nice to meet you, Mr. Park. I’m a volunteer for this department.”

 

Kai quickly cut Mr. Park off in case he mistakenly reviewed that Kai is the crown prince instead of the volunteer that Miyoung believed he was. He shot him a glare and mouth ‘play along’.

 

You better don’t blow my covers off.

 

“Oh, Pri- Jongin-shii, y-you can st-start by loo-king around the place first.”

 

Mr. Park stuttered and dismissed Miyoung to show Kai around, which the innocent girl agreed in no time. When the both of them were no longer in sight, Mr. Park sighed and wiped the imaginary sweat off his forehead.

 

That was close.


Author's note:

Okay, first ever chapter for this fic. YAyyy- nO.

Wokay. If any of your have any better idea as the fics title, do comment or PM. I don't really think 'The Crown Prince' suits the story tbh. ;w;

 

 

 

inspiritfriend

(30/9/13)