Searching for a Home

Somsatang 솜사탕

 

 

“So…I think we have to go to the north, right?” Rae Kyung said pointing to the direction.

“I’d say it’s east,” Rainah said pouting.

There was a short silence. “Let’s settle for northeast then!” Choonhee said shrugging, while the other two girls nodded.

“I have a bad feeling that tells me we’re going to get lost…” Wei Min said earning a smack by Rae Kyung.

“Shut up. Now let’s get moving!” Rae Kyung said walking away in a random direction.

“Not trying to be rude, but that’s southeast,” Choonhee pointed out making Rae Kyung stop in her tracks.

“W-Well, I never said I know where it is, did I?” she said scratching her head.

“Oh shut up and follow me,” Choonhee said walking away in the direction of northeast.

They made even three steps in silence, when Rainah spoke up. “But unni~!” Rainah whined. “We’re still in out dirty clothes!”

“Rainah, that-“

“IF WE CONTINUE LIKE THIS WE’LL NEVER GET THERE!” Jae Hwa yelled to everyone, but mainly Rainah.

She let out a quiet sob and brought her hands to her face, making Jae Hwa soften up. “Look, I’m sorry, but I just want to get to our house as soon as possible,” he said removing Rainah’s hands from her face.

She nodded and smiled. “Don’t worry oppa, it’s not your fault.”

“We’ve been standing here for at last five minutes, and according to that woman, we could have been half the way there. Now let’s get moving!” Rae Kyung said. Everyone agreed silently and followed Choonhee to, they hoped, their new house.

“Thankfully, we’re not idols yet, so we don’t have to be disguised,” Jae Hwa said looking at some schoolgirls that were being involved in a heated discussion of who is the best member of Super Junior.

“Heechul is so cute, he’s such a dork,” one if them said giggling quietly.

“He reminds me of SHINee’s Taemin,” another one said with a pout. “Personally, I think that Leeteuk is the best.”

“Well, I like the ‘eternal maknae’, Ryeowook,” the third one said with a dreamy smile. “I wonder if the members of that new group will be so handsome.”

“Which one?” the first one said with a confused look on her face.

“You don’t know? There’s a new group in SM, Somsatang, and my friend told me that the members will be chosen today,” the second one said.

“Just act normally, like you have no clue of what they’re talking about,” Jae Hwa ordered, while everyone nodded.

“Oh really? That’s cool! How many members?” the first one asked.

“Was it eight? Six? Seven?” the third one asked.

“Are they all boys?” the first one asked with awe.

“No, three boys and three girls as far as I know,” the second one replied. “But the boys must be cute, because there are only three!”

“Wah, I can’t wait! Just imagine that we talked to one of then, and we didn’t even realize it,” the first one whined.

“Uhh…fangirls,” Rae Kyung said and shuddered. “I thank God or anything you wish for them not knowing who we are!”

“Don’t be so, they are our greatest support,” Jae Hwa said putting his hands behind his head. “Do you all remember the introduction speech? ‘Fans are your only love’?”

 “I think we all do, but of course there is someone of the idols that we like,” Choonhee said winking. “So, spit it out!”

Rainah giggled and made a thoughtful face. “I like Jinyoung of B1A4~! He is so cute!” she said giggling and smiling a sweet smile.

“Hm…I agree, but I like SHINee more than B1A4,” Rae Kyung said nodding to herself.

“Who, who, who~?” Choonhee chanted.

“I’m not telling!” Rae Kyung said and stuck her tongue out.

“Aww, don’t be such a party pooper! We’re band members, we’ll find out sooner or later!” Choonhee said with a disappointed look on her face.

“I hope it will be later! Well, what about you?” Rae Kyung said, trying to switch the subject.

“Me? I like SHINee too!” Chonhee said. “High five!”

Rae Kyung laughed, but high fived her nonetheless. “Well, who is it?”

“Not telling!” Choonhee said, mimicking Rae Kyung by sticking her tongue out.

“Aww, don’t be such a party pooper! We’re band members, we’ll find out sooner or later!” Rae Kyung repeated Choonhee’s words.

“Guys, you are not fair! I’m the only one who said who my bias is,” Rainah said pouting.

“It’s not our fault that you are so straightforward,” Choonhee replied laughing, while Rainah puffed her cheeks.

“Typical girls,” Wei Min said from the behind, getting an agreeing grunt from Jae Hwa.

Suddenly, there was a loud thud followed by a sharp hiss which made everyone stop and turn around.

It was no one else than the quiet Dohyeong, sitting on the floor with a scraped knee.

“Are you okay?” Choonhee and Wei Min asked in unison, while Dohyeong just nodded. Wei Min held out a hand to him to help him get up, and he gladly accepted it.

“Don’t worry, it’s not unusual,” Dohyeong spoke up for the first time this day.

“If you say so…let’s continue then,” Choonhee said and continued walking, the others following obediently.

***

“Um…girls?” Jae Hwa spoke up after fifteen minutes of silence. “We’ve been walking for about half an hour now, are you sure we’re going in the right direction?”

“We’re not,” Choonhee said letting out a nervous laugh.

“…told ya we’ll get lost,” Wei Min muttered and sighed.

“Oh shut up! Why don’t you lead the way?” she replied.

“Gladly,” he said, and with that simple sentence he turned around for 180° and walked away. They followed him without protest.

“So, guys, who are you interested in?” Jae Hwa asked.

“What are you, my male version?” Choonhee asked.

“I’m older, so you are the female version of me,” he replied. “So, Wei Min…?”

“Um, well…there are two I like…” he said bowing his head down,

“Oh, nice, so who are those lucky girls?” Jae Hwa said winking.

“It’s not two girls, there is only one,” he said blushing.

“What do you-“

“I’m biual,” he cut him off.

“That’s nothing bad! We won’t judge you for that,” Jae Hwa said ruffling his hair. “So, who are those two?”

Wei Min smiled. “Jiyoung and Minhyuk, Kara and CN Blue.”

“I agree for the girl,” Jae Hwa said grinning.

“And I agree for the boy!” Choonhee shouted from behind, making Wei Min smile.

“What about you?” he asked Jae Hwa.

“I’m not interested in anyone right now, but I like girls,” he replied. “Although I might take a liking for a girl from Somsatang. That’s the easiest, because we aren’t allowed to date anyone, but it’s easy to keep it a secret if you are in the same band.”

Wei Min grunted in response. “I like your way of thinking.”

“Ah, thanks,” Jae Hwa said. “What about you, Dohyeong?”

He just shook his head, making Wei Min pout.

“That’s not fair, but okay,” he said. “And, by the way, this is the street we’re looking for.”

“You gotta be kidding me! The houses here seem to cost more than the whole SM building doubled,” Rae Kyung said.

They all could just look around in awe, their mouth agape and their eyes wide. Almost every house had a big garden, a pool, and an expensive looking car parked in front of it. There were fountains, sculptures, expertly shaped bushes, unreal looking trees and flower beds.

“But, how can we find our house, I can’t see the addresses anywhere on the house,” Rainah said pouting.

“Gimme that,” Rae Kyung said snatching the paper from Rainah’s hands and turning it around. “You es, there’s a picture on the other side!”

They all gathered around Rae Kyung. “Let me seeeeee~!” Rainah whined. Rae Kyung rolled her eyes and held the picture so that everyone can see it.

The house was pretty big. There was a spacious garden and a small pool. One whole wall was in glass, and it seemed like it was the living room. There were also two barely visible figures in the back.

“You see those two little figures at back? They must be the previous owners!” Choonhee said.

“I agree, now look carefully around yourself so that we can find the house quickly!” Jae Hwa ordered. The girls went to the left and the boys went to the right.

Wei Min had the picture now, and was strolling down the street slowly, looking from the picture to the house he was passing by. There was a nice cozy house, painted in brick-red color. He looked at the picture. Nope, the house they’re looking for is white.

He passed another house, which had a big glass wall. Yeah, their house has one too, but this one hasn’t got a balcony. Further, there was another house. It was painted in white and had a big glass wall.

He continued walking, but suddenly stopped and walked backwards a few steps. He raised the picture up and called the others over.

“Hey guys, look at this,” he said while everyone else gathered around.

“What’s wrong with the picture?” Rainah asked. Wei Min put the picture down, making everyone look in front of themselves.

“Hey, give the pi-“

“That’s our house, smartasses,” Rae Kyung said rolling her eyes.

 “This is our house, eh?”

”Seems so.”

”This place is...HUGE!”

”Since I'm the leader, I'll be going first, okay?” Jae Hwa said.

 “You’re not the leader, you’re only the oldest,” Choonhee said laughing. “That’s what that woman said.”

“Yeah, whatever, I’m the oldest, so I’m going in first,” he said and put his hand on the door handle. “Ready?”

“Ye!” everyone said in unison.

“Okay, here we go…” he said opening the door.

“…carrot…cream…potato,” a distant voice was heard.

“Who’s that?” Rainah said frightened.

“I don’t know…let’s go check,” Jae Hwa said entering the house slowly. He followed the voice to what seemed to be a kitchen.

“Salt. Salt. I SAID SALT NOT PEPPER!” a female voice screamed. Jae Hwa peeked into the kitchen to see two figures; one with red hair, and the other with black hair and blonde, almost white highlights.

“Who are you?” Jae Hwa asked.

The female figure turned around.

“Better said, who are you?”

 

Cliffy~! I simply love these xD

Thank you for all the supporting comments, mainly saying how my way of saying who passed, who not, is unique. Well, it’s me we’re talking about xD

As I already said, the plot will follow Somsatang, NOT THE OTHER GROUPS(s). You will just be mentioned from time to time, because I didn’t want to ‘throw the characters away’. I hope you aren’t mad at me (not that I really care, now, do I? >.>) and that I portrayed the characters the way you wanted~!

Somsatang members PLEASE COMMENT, okay? J

The little survey again~!

What do you think, who are those two? O.o

(As Rainah would say, “We’ve got maids?!”)

Credits to Gaalea for the ozm(awesome) chibi picture!

~AnimaReika

 I apologize if any of the characters does not look like you’ve imagined >3<

~Gaalea

The third chapter is 98% finished…we just have to wait for Gaalea to draw and for both of us to re-read for any mistakes J

And…school starts soon =w= that means that the updates will be even slower if that’s possible OTL