Le Woman

Somsatang 솜사탕

 

SM Entertainment. Notorious for their strictness. You have to be prettier than a model. Or have talent. Lot of it. Lot of people audition for it, but guess what? More than a half of them fails. The lucky ones that pass the audition become trainees. After a few years of hard training, strict rules and water diets, one to ten trainees get the chance to debut.

Why am I saying all this?

Because today’s the day. The day when six lucky trainees that worked really hard will be picked for a new group. Three girls and three boys will start their life as idols now. It’s not easy, their training will get even more intense, they have got no time for mistakes, they have to act like it’s all scripted. Hide some of their secrets, tell the others. Do fanservice, but not over the line. Don’t date anyone if it’s not allowed, neither have feelings for them. Leave your friends, the only thing in your life is your love - fans.

A tall woman in her middle thirties was walking down a corridor, her heels clacking as she was walking in the direction of the strong beat. She was heading towards the dancing room, where all the trainees were dancing with outmost passion - some were better, some were worse.

The woman barged into the room without any notice, making the trainees stop in their track.

“Who are you?” a tall girl in a loose t-shirt asked.

“I’m here to tell you who is going to be in Somsatang,” she said in a calm voice, making all the trainees turn their heads in her direction. Everyone started talking to someone, or even to themselves, and it seemed to annoy the woman.

“QUIET!” she said in a loud voice, making them all shut up and stare at her. “Good children.”

No one dared to reply.

“Now...let’s start from the beginning. Kim Kyungmi,” she said, her eyes never leaving the paper.

“That’s me,” a girl said stepping out from the crowd. She was wearing denim shorts and a loose t-shirt like everyone else.

The woman looked up from the paper. Her gaze pierced through Kyungmi, which made her even more nervous.

“Dear, turn around and lift your shirt up a bit,” the woman instructed, making everyone in the room cast her a questioning glance. Kyungmi obeyed and lifted her shirt up, revealing a butterfly tatoo on her lower back. The woman nodded and wrote something on the paper.

“Kim Kyungmi. You aren’t going to be in Somsatang,” the woman said, making Kyungmi look down. “But, dear, you’re going to go solo.”

Kyungmi’s head shot back up as she heard this. Her eyes widened and dropped. “Solo?”

“Yes, solo. You’re too experienced to be in a rookie band, and you’re too good to be wasted. Congratulations,” the woman said in a bored tone and looked back at the paper.

Kyungmi still couldn’t believe. She looked back at other trainees who were looking at her jealously, but still congratulated her happily.

“Next, Kim Choonhee.”

A girl skipped out. She had a big grin. “I don’t care if I don’t get in, I’ll have more chances!”

“Well, that’s too bad because you passed,” the woman said.

“MWO?! REALLY? YES, YES, YES, YES, YES~!” Choonhee screamed as she did a little victory dance. Everyone smiled at her antics, except for a gloomy guy in the corner.

“Next.  Im Yoo Ra?”

“Yes?” the girl stepped out cautiously.

“You failed. Next,” the woman said coldly.

Yoo Ra hung her head low and got to the end of the room. She sighed. “Everyone has their chance, sooner or later...”

“Next, Kim Younghee, failed.”

Younghee’s jaw dropped. “W-What the ? Y-You didn’t even wait for me to step out! HEY!”

 “Next, Yang Dohyeong, you passed,” the woman said in a bored tone and it was obvious that she wanted to end this the sooner the better.

Everyone looked around to find him, but no one got the idea to look down. The skinny blond boy was sitting on the floor, on a lollipop. He just smiled and nodded.

“Why isn’t everyone else like him? Well, next, Kwon Rainah, failed.”

“Wha-“

“Next. Lee Nanie...I’m sorry to say this, but you failed.”

“Owh...”

“Han Jaehwa...because of your hot-headed temper you almost failed. Almost. Yes, you passed.”

“I’m sorry, but thank you,” the boy said bowing.

“Park Hyera...you also failed.”

“Wai-“

“Oh, no, sorry, my bad. Kwon Rainah passed,” she said looking at her who sighed in relief and slumped down on the floor. “I almost got a heart attack.”

“Yang Weimin passed. Congrats,” she said rummaging through her papers.

“The next ones all failed, but don’t worry. Everyone that failed will get another chance in a month or so, in a new group,” the woman said, trying to make the situation better. “The group’s name is unknown, but it will consist of seven members. That are Chae Hae Rin, Jo Gidae, Choi Soralee, Gwak Hwajin, Song Hajae, Gu Jinjing and Ahbyul. Congratulations girls,” the woman said smiling a bit. Finally.

“Park Jaesun...Sadly, you won't pass. I'm really sorry, you have some potential. But it's because we want you alive,“ the woman said looking at him as if she was pitying him.

“Uh...what? It wouldn’t literally kill me if I ended up in Somsatang!”

“Maybe... Is that all?” the woman asked looking at the trainees.

“Um...what about me?” the maknae of all the trainees stepped out.

“Your name?” the woman said in a monotone.

“Lee Raekyung.”

“Lee...Lee...Lee Raekyung. Yes, you passed,” the woman said and stood up, while the maknae was doing a little victory dance.

“Who is the oldest one of you?” the woman asked fishing some keys out of a folder.

“I am,” Jaehwa said as he made his way through the crowd. “But don’t you mean who is the leader?”

“No, I mean who is the oldest. Here you go,” she said handing him the keys. “The address is here, and it’s not so far from the building, so you can go by feet. Goodbye,” she bowed and left the room.

“Okay, uh...Dohyeong, Choonhee, Rainah...Raekyung and Weimin, follow me,” Jaehwa said as he made his way out of the building, and all the Somsatang members followed him without protest.

As soon as they were out on the streets, Rae Kyung spoke up. “Hey, oh, let’s go!” she said grinning.

“Uh...”

“Hehehe...” she let out a nervous laugh. “Where is our dorm?”

“As if I would know,” Jae Hwa said scratching his head.

“Lemme see,” Choonhee said snatching the paper out of Jae Hwa’s hand. “Oh, oh, oh, I know, I know, I know!”

“And they say I’m the maknae,” Rae Kyung said sighing.

“Okay, quiet,” Jae Hwa said. “I’m the leader and I choose to follow Chonhee who obviously knows where it is.”

“Haha, yeah, my lead~!” Choonhee sang out.

“Whoever is leading, be sure I won’t find the right way if we get lost,” Wei Min said shrugging.

“But I think I know where this is too,” Rain Ah said taking the paper away from Choonhee’s hands.

“Okay okay, the girls are leading. Do you agree?” Jae Hwa asked. All the girls screamed yes, Wei Min agreed while Dohyeong just shrugged.

“Okay then, let’s GO!”

 

 

Somsatang is formed ^_^

I am sorry for the ones that aren’t chosen, but as I said, you will have your moments later in the story :)

In a few chapters you will see the band positions, the choreographers and the manager ^_^

So, what do you think about the members? And about le woman(>.<)?

By the way, I won't be able to write the story since there will be NO computer for me this week (and next one...let's say until next Friday)

Congrats to the chosen ones :)