New Place. New Oppurtunities.

The Biggest Decision of My Life

 

Samsung Inc Compound

You had just moved to Seoul and had just been hired as a personal Physical Therapist by Lee Kun Hee, the chairman of Samsung, for his youngest son who was involved in a car crash leaving him unable to walk because of torn ligaments in both his knees.

            It was past midnight, when you were studying your case with Jin Ki, your patient, in your room. You couldn’t bear being in that big mansion it was lonely and very very depressing. You went to Jin Ki’s room. He was asleep.

            You gathered your things and went to Kyu Hyung, your body guard, yes, you had a bodyguard, although you were 24 years old you were one of the best in Asia. Working such a high profile case, you were provided  a bodyguard, which you didn’t like at all. But had to accept.

            you knocked on Kyu Hyung’s door and opened it slowly.

            “ Kyu hyung oppa, I’m going to the Coffee Prince Café. I’m going to study there, okay?”You said in english, good thing kyu Hyung understood English.

            “Okay. I’ll come with you.” Kyu Hyung got up ang started getting ready.

            “ no. you don’t have to. Its Ok. You sleep. I’ll be alright.” 

            “it’s my Job, Ms. _____, I have to come with you.” Kyu Hyung 

            “how about this, you and a driver, drive me to the café and pick me up around 6 am? So you guys can sleep here while I study.” 

            “ no. I cant let you do that. Miss” Kyu Hyung insisted           

          “come on, kyu hyung. I can take care of myself if I sense something fishy, I’ll call you.” You reasoned

            “ how about this, I’ll come with you tonight, and If I think its safe, we’ll do your deal.” Kyu Hyung bargained

            “fine. You’ll be the one who’s sleepless.” you said

            You , Kyu Hyung and a driver went to the coffee prince café. You only went to the Coffee Prince Café once with your College friend, Lim Sol ki. And you instantly fell in love with the place. you loved everything about it, it reminded you so much of home.

            You was greeted by a pretty cashier.

            “welcome to the coffee prince café. how may I help you today?” she said in Korean-English

            You ordered strong coffee for Yourself and tea and muffins for the body guard and the driver. You sat on the sofa located at the corner of the café. While the driver and kyu hyung sat on another table.

            You started to read the new book that had just arrived from the US; You wanted to be updated with the newest development in the world of Physical Therapy. She had a reputation to protect and a dream to achieve; to be number one.

            It was 430 am now and you had just finished studying. You looked around and Kyu Hyung and the driver disappeared. They might have gone out to have a smoke.

            You stretched and rested Your head for while and closed your eyes while you waited for them. Next thing you knew,your alarm clock was ringing, it was already 8am. And you were already in your room.

               “how did I get here?” you said wondering

You got ready and went to Jin Ki’s room, He was Lying in bed awake.

     “How are you, Sunbaenim?” You asked him

      “Still a vegetable.” Jin ki

      “I will try my best so you can regain your walking abilities. We’ll be putting you in your wheel chair, okay?” 

                   “okay, please help me lift him up and let’s  carry him to the wheel chair.” You instructed your assistant.

                   “You will be having a press conference later but before you get ready, I’ll some test on you. Okay?” You start stretching his knees.

                   “So, how  is Korea treating you so far?” Jin Ki asked

                   “Okay, I guess. Brushing up on my Korean so I could finally ditch kyun hyung. Do you feel this?” You stretch the knee farther

                   “urgh. yes. it hurts.” Jin ki responding

                   “that’s good. so, you’re all set. I’ll go call your assistant.” You put on some bandage on both his knees.

            You went with Lee Jin Ki to the press conference. And you were even asked a few questions Yourself. You fidgeted but You were still getting a hang on working high profile cases.

            You had just arrived from the press conference. And you were starting feeling the pressure. This wasn’t a joke. you had to do your best or else, your career, that had just started by the way, would disappear into oblivion.

              “You look at little worried.” Kyung hyun notices your worried look

              “After the press conference today, I felt the pressure. One of the reporters asked me if he would be able to walk by his wedding date and that’s like 6 months from now, I will try my best to help him regain Jin Ki’s walking ability.” you admitted

               “The press is really cruel. You better get used to it; you’re working a high profile case.” Kyung Hyun

               “Yeah well, this means I have to study more then. Later, I’m going back to the café. You don’t have to come with me.” you said while walking away.

               “we’ll drive you there and we’ll come get you around 5 am and not 6. And you shouldn’t fall asleep on the couch there are a lot of thieves.” Kyung hyun

            And you were back in the café again, the pretty cashier remembered you. You were a little distracted by the TV. It was reporting about a Korean boy band, Big Bang, who had come back from their 2 year hiatus as a group.

               “hi, can I have your strongest coffee again please?” 

               “we’ll serve it to your table ma’am.” The pretty cashier.

               “do you think they’ll be coming here again?” the pretty cashier asked the barista.

               “thank you.” you sat down on your usual spot.

          You studied until around 4:30 am when you fell asleep again and this time, you felt kyung hyun trying to carry you and you woke up immediately.

                “Kyung Hyun,no, please don’t carry me, I’m too heavy. “you instantly got to your feet, and gathered your things. you were carrying your books and laptop.

                “ Ms.____, let me carry your things.” Kyung Hyun took your stuff from you

                “Thank you, kyung hyun.” 

You accidentally bumped somebody. And the bag he was carrying fell to the ground.

                “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry.” You Bowed and took the bag from the floor.

                “it’s okay. No harm done.” The person said in english

                “I’m so sorry.” You later said in english realizing he was foreign too.

                “it’s ok. I’m Shaun, By the way. Shaun Evaresto.” The guy introduced himself

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Wait for it guys, bigbang is coming out real soon! :) For now, It's Shaun Evaresto, Their Choreogrpher/Trainor. :)