Mission S34 Part 2

Don't Forget

 

"Yah! " He shook you, "Wake Up!"

You honestly heard him but all you want is to sleep more.

"We have to abort this plane, now!" he yanked your hair.

"Ahhh! I am up, let go of my hair!! "

"Put this parachute bag on"

While fitting the parachute bag on, you were also doing safety checks.
Since he has wasted so much time waking you up, once he saw that you were almost done, he pushed you off.

"Ahh, wait! ! JANG HYUK! HELPP!"
Your parachute slipped off your shoulders, you are only holding to one of the strap of the parachute bag.
Tears were flying out of your eyes.

Should you let go?

"SEONBAE!! HELPPPP"

You squeezed your eyes closed.
Your fingers were slowly slipping off the grip of the parachute bag.
You couldn’t feel your feets..
You could only feel your stomach falling, like how you were droping down.. 
Your feet dangling in the air.
You are like 2000ft off the ground.

Death wasn’t even in your mind, you just wished it was all a dream.

You mustered all the energy you are left with to proceed with the loudest yell you could managed. 
“SeonBAEEEEE!!”

You were pretty sure you fainted.
Because the last memory you had was a dark figure approaching you. 

When you woke up, you found yourself lying on sand with a pile of firewood nearby.

The fire seems to have a calming effect on you as you watched the flames danced and radiated warm glows.
Your head was throbbing with pain, “Aghh! ” you pressed the sides of your head hard with your fingers.

"Lie down…"

"Oh. Seonbae,.. you’re here? Where am I? What happened?"

"Are you an idiot? How can you wear your parachute like that? "

"Aish, I wasn’t ready. "

"Thanks to you I left our supply of food with the plane. Good luck to us now!" He shot you an angry look.
You ought to be angry, or rather, normally you would be angry, but a small part of you finds his angry side rather cute.

"I’m sorry…," you muttered as you lowered your head.

"Anyways, now we have reached the land. We couldn’t land in the HQ because the people send us information that our plane was detected in the radar. They had identified us as suspicious plane invading their air space.
However, the HQ has send us new coordinates of where he was. It wouldn’t be too hard to navigate from here. "

He has never spoke so much before.
Okay, this is totally unprofessional, but you won’t get tired listening to him talk all day.

"Agent L, I know I am pretty handsome, or in fact too handsome in comparison with any other guy.
But can you please stop staring at me and focus?!"

, he noticed!

You shifted your gaze from him to the fire as you cleared your throat, “Handsome?! Please go stare at the mirror. 
Anyways, back to business, so what’s our plan? “

His fist was brought up upon your initial words, but when you talked about being serious, his fist lowered, “We will stay here for the night. The suit can keep us warm even if the temperature hits below 10 degrees. I have two bottles of water and a water purifier with me. The only concern is food. 

However, we will only move tomorrow when it is bright. We need to analyse the landscape of the building before heading in. So, sleep well. It’ll be a long night. ” With that, he plopped down on to the soft sand.

"Aish, selfish guy. Goodnights Seonbae-nim~" you yawned before embracing the soft sand as your bed.

You were about to fall into deep slumber when you heard some shuffling of feets. You felt your body being lifted, and feel the warm fire closer to you, but of a safe distance from you. You heard some crackling of wood as fresh wood is added to the fire. 
He then muttered something.. it was inaudible. You just fell asleep.

 

 

Jang Hyuk P.O.V 

"That stupid girl, how can you be a spy when you can't protect yourself.
Ah... Jang Hyuk! How can you just push her down? 
I will never forgive myself if you ever die... " 
His eyes shifted to you, who was lying on the soft sand as your hand sprawled all around the sand. 

After pushing you off the jet, he was about to grab the food supply when he heard you screamed his name. 
He peered down and saw you zooming fast heading towards the ground with the parachute bag in your hand.

The parachute was not opened however.. 

He had done perfect calculations.
Technically, if he pushed you down, you opened the parachute, it would give him about five seconds of time for him to reach for the bag and jump down, lowering himself a little more before opening up his parachute just in time to reach where you were. 
But since your parachute wasn't open, you were accelerating at a speed faster than his calculations. 
Also, you were probably in shock, if only you had spread your body instead of staying still with your feets heading the floor and head heading the sky, you would probably have slowed down enough for him to reach for the food. 

"Ah, heck it! " 

He dived head down towards you. Not opening his parachute until he was close to you. 
Your every scream pierced through his heart. 

" , Lee ___ ___, I'll catch you. I WILL" 

His firm long arms reached out for you as you were less than two metres away, it was not long before his hands managed to grab you as he pull the plug to release the parachute. 

"Lee __ __ I caught you, __ __ ?? Are you alright?" 

Your eyes were close and you looked out cold. 
He panicked a little as he checked for your pulse and breathing. 
After realising, he heaved a sigh of relief as he used his free hand to lightly knock on your head. 
"Stupid girl, how can you faint in the air?" 

The parachute glided down the skies into the water slowly. 
He had plenty of time to examine your features as the moonlight highlights your pretty jaws and defined face lines. 
It casted a pretty shadow over your eyes and nose. 
It made your skin glows and looks so soft. 

If you had not fainted, he probably wouldn't catch a glimpse of this. 

Both of you finally landed in water, with his arms still around your waist. 
He made sure the way you both landed did not choked you with water. 
After positioning you appropriately, making sure your head was far from the water. 


He swam over 2km from the spot of you landed in the water to the shore. 

He carefully placed you on the sand. 
Night has already fallen. 
It would be difficult to see... He thought he should make fire. 
Ahh, but can he leave you here? 

" She is a spy, a well trained one, " he left with heavy and worrying heart. 
With his hand held flashlight, he shone his way to hurriedly find dry wood to start fire. 
It was extremely lucky that the rain had not fallen in this region for over two days, the wood was dry enough to start fire. 
With a handful of wood in his hands, he hurriedly headed back to you. 

He happened to find the eye-liner laser that you had with you and used it to start a fire. 

Hmmm, since there is fire, you wouldn't be that cold. 
But food... darn, both of them have no food. 
Luckily the sky would only brighten in 3 more hours, but till then how can you move on the mission without food? 

He decided to try his luck as he took a quick jog around the forest in search of food. 
Sadly, to no avail, no food was present. 
He had already spent 45 mins finding, he was feeling worried that you would be awake and frightened. 

"I should head back," he thought. 

As he was approaching closer to you, he saw your fingers moving, and slowly you raised yourself up.
You took a glance at the surrounding before you suddenly grunted in pain pressing your fingers at the side of your head. 

 


"Lie down…" he muttered when he was closer to you. 

"Oh. Seonbae,.. you’re here? Where am I? What happened?", you asked him. 

"Are you an idiot? How can you wear your parachute like that? ", he scolded harshly.
You stupid girl, did you know how worried I was?

"Aish, I wasn’t ready. ", you mumbled. 

"Thanks to you I left our supply of food with the plane. Good luck to us now!" He shot you an angry look.
I honestly didn't care too much about the food. I wouldn't have given you up for the food..  

"I’m sorry…," you muttered as you lowered your head.

He felt guilty scolding you. But he cannot soften,.. maybe I should talk about something else... 

"Anyways, now we have reached the land. We couldn’t land in the HQ because the people send us information that our plane was detected in the radar. They had identified us as suspicious plane invading their air space. 
However, the HQ has send us new coordinates of where he was. It wouldn’t be too hard to navigate from here, " 

He was expecting a reply, but instead found you staring at him... 

"Agent L, I know I am pretty handsome, or infact too handsome in comparison with any other guy.
But can you please stop staring at me and focus?!"

You shifted your gaze from him to the fire as you cleared your throat, “Handsome?! Please go stare at the mirror, " His fist was brought up. WHAT?! Hey... I am handsome alright!

"Anyways, back to business, so what’s our plan? “ His fist lowered, “We will stay here for the night. The suit can keep us warm even if the temperature hits below 10 degrees. I have two bottles of water and a water purifier with me. The only concern is food. 

However, we will only move out tomorrow when it is bright. We need to analyse the landscape of the building before heading in. So, sleep well. It’ll be a long night. ” With that, he plopped down on to the soft sand.

"Aish, selfish guy. Goodnights Seonbae-nim~" you yawned before embracing the soft sand as your bed.
" I am not selfish.... , " he muttered softly. 

Silence, well, the waves crashing onto the shore was the only sound heard, along with some crickets sound. 
The night was reallly silent. 

But.. He was never really asleep. 
He waited for a whole fifteen minutes, making sure you were fully asleep before getting up. 
He was afraid that the night would get colder, he carefully lifted you up and placed you at a safe distance from the fire but sufficient to keep you warm. He took a couple more thicker wood as he throw them into the fire. 
It would be sufficient to keep the flame going for at least three more hours. 

He stared at you for a long time, as his gaze traced your hair, to your head down to your body. 
" I am sorry... ," he muttered softly. 

That night, under that black velvet sky, for the first time in his life he could fall asleep. 
His mind didn't torture him with nightmares, his heart never did give him a panic attack. 

Similarly, that night, you, for the first time since you were seven, you did not feel alone. 
You had one of the best sleeps in over thirteen years. 

A shooting star shot across the skies, as if it was watching on both you. 

It may be a mission to save someone, but it may be the start of a new beginning for both of you. 

 

 

 


Teehees, a little excitement in the plot to make up for the time I won't be posting stories :( 
Nonetheless, hope you love this part. 

I decided to put in a Jang Hyuk's POV since the time that you fainted and woke up was pretty long. 
I figured it would be good to know what he was doing :)) 

And with that, 

Good luck to those having exams, 

and please take care of yourselves :) 

Comment and Subscribe. :)