Mission S34

Don't Forget

 

A week after your successful mission has passed.

You were sitting at the coffee shop with your hot chocolate.
Winter was approaching, so is Christmas. Your favourite season.
Apart from all the presents you could ever get from your friends, it was really a month where you could finally be true to how you were feeling and not pretend, because it was the season when they passed on. Which means it was the only time you will ever let yourself be weak and cry. 

Normally, you’ll take the Christmas holidays to travel, since you have no family to celebrate with.

Friends sometimes offer for you to join them, but it would be awkward, they wouldn’t be at ease. It would also meant stretching their dollar to get you a gift.

*Zzt Zzt*
From: Agent A
“Agent L, please report to the HQ in 30minutes. “

You moaned, you were just beginning to enjoy your new novel. You gulped down the remnants of your hot chocolate, careful to not burn your throat, before driving away in your new black car. 
You got to admit, the pay to this job was, … Indescribable.  Only the odd hours of reporting to work was horrendous.

In the HQ room. 
“Agent L, we are extremely pleased for your quick and efficient response to Misson A01. “

You beamed, “Seonbae-nim has helped me a lot”


“As a result, I know it is a bit of a rush, but the heads have decided to post you to another mission. “

Your heart floated and dropped. But, Christmas is coming… 

“When will the execution of mission begin?” you shot at him. 

He hesistated upon your quick and sharp reply, many of his capable agents already took their leave during the holidays. You were probably one of his last few agents capable to take up this mission. His eyes darkened as if knowing your imminent response as he muttered, ” Tonight “

Drats. Your holiday plans are ruined. You were dying to go Scuba Diving and Sky Diving.

You thought for a while, “May I know the details for the mission? “

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion,”Well, you will be heading over to China. We suspect one of our spies is held as hostages there. Since China has expanded their global market, it was difficult to detect who was the mastermind behind. Saving that spy held as hostage is absolutely important as he has the clues to one of our biggest missions. Since you are experienced with kidnapping cases, you are one of the best candidate,” he paused, waiting for you to comprehend.

"Oh..kay… Will I be doing alone?" This feels stupid asking, but you had to know. You have barely enough experience.

"About that, …currently, you are the only one suitable for this job. Since you have no language barriers and specially trained.."

Your heart sank. There was still a small part of you hoping he would be doing this mission with you.

"But, you don’t have to worry at all, Agent L, " he flicked a button on. The rooms started shifting miraculously producing a wider room than before. You see shelves overturning to unveal multiple shelves of guns. Even the sofa hid a few of the best technologically designed spyware.

"Woahhhh…." you couldn’t stop that slipping from your mouth.

"Take your pick agent, we will let you take what you deemed necessary, or I could let my computer calculate that for you.."

"Woah, isn’t this the coolest?! Hang on, this is not even found anywhere," you traced your fingers over those weapons. "Woah, ain’t this cool? A smoke bomb, Ha! I can escape really well with this. I topped the class!..Wahhhh! "

"I am afraid I have to interrupt your excitement to remind you of the importance of the mission, hopefully you’re not losing focus on the purpose of the mission"

Gosh, you are so unprofessional. 
Since you didn’t know much, or barely had any experience, the computer decided for you.

"Hello Agent L, I am X. I am pleased to help you with the selection of your spy gadgets today. For your upcoming spy Mission S34 in China, saving Agent B, I would reccomend these for you to bring along with you" A computerised female voice greeted you, this was getting so exciting.

"Our latest line of female footwear, The Rocket-Powered Leather Boots. These boots are cleverly designed to hide up to three daggers, two guns within the compartment. Upon request by the person wearing, it can be powered to fly off the ground or slide off pavement with in build wheels."

"Woahhh," it was even lined with leopard fur.

"Next, this hand-held blusher case with mirror has an in-built function to scan and analyse all sorts of evidence found. It can give you the identity of the DNA found in finger prints or hair. It can be used as GPS or even to signal for help in times of danger. It has three tiny balls of smoke bomb hidden with each expanding to a space of 3m x 10m wide, and clearing within thirty seconds"

You can’t close your mouth without the help of your hands.

"Next we have the classic ear piece that can be easily plugged into any device. This ear piece is capable of tracking sounds up to 20m away, through navigation with the buttons as such, you can clear out the sounds specifically to certain voices. This works especially well in quiet places. It has an inbuilt translator for over 130 languages. One special function is that it can distort the waves of any nearby electronic devices emitting sound or visual images. This is especially usefully to buy time by distracting your target"

"This is our new line of sunglasses with a touch of vintage to fit your outfit. It is capable of detecting faces and locating all of their personal information under the database in ten seconds. It is capable to zoom to about 200x, slightly about 400m away. A button at the side of the frames is capable to take images of what you see. By sliding underneath the glass you can shift the lens to fit Night Vision and detect Infra-red. "

"Lastly, this is an eyeliner with inbuilt laser. It can cut through all kinds of material except for diamond, we’re still working on that" Is the computer really programmed to say that? Hahhahas, how cute!
“This in-built laser can generate sufficient heat to start a fire. “

"That’s all agent L, Thankyou and good luck for your mission. "

"That’s was really cool!" you faced your superior.

He chuckled, “I am glad it was to your liking agent L. However I must once again remind you of the severity of this mission. In the event where you were caught, you are not allowed to mention this association. By chewing this pill, ” he passed to you a small blue pill wrapped in clear wrapper, “you will be able to be sacrificed without pain. I hope you’ll never get to use this at all, ” he looked in your eyes intently.

You gulped. It was only your second mission

"However so, if there is need to call for help, you can either use your hand-held blusher, or use any of the emergency button found in your gadgets. All of these can be tracked, we will not have difficulty locating you and getting help for you. Please report back here by 2245hours, our own jet will be prepared for your departure. We have seeked the alliance with their airforce, you’ll land in our HQ in China before continuing. In any turn of events, abort the plane and land in the waters. Your suit will protect you from cold. "

It is indeed getting exciting, but you’re worried.

You headed home to grab a short nap and prepared your necessities.

At 2240hours.

"Agent L, you’re early. "

"Yes Sir."

"I have something to inform you…"

"SeonBae-nim?"

"That’s right, Agent J will proceed this mission with you. Since both of you have worked well with each other last mission, I should see there will be no problems in getting along. 
Please prepare to board the jet, Good Luck Agents. “

He barely stared at you, what a cold guy, you thought.

 

2 hours of flying, you were getting sleepy.
Your head was rocking in all directions.

He flicked your ear.

"OWWWWWW"
You glared at him, “What was that for? “

"Fun."

"What?! "

He snickered.

You shifted in your seat awkwardly, “Why did you take up this mission?”

He stayed silent.

"Hey… "

"Mmm..?"

"Why did you take up this mission?"

"Because.. I want to? "

"Everyone else took holidays but you want to take this mission?"

"Yeah"

"You’re weird"

"Speak for yourself, why are you here?"

"I.. "

"…Yes?"

Would it be alright to tell him?

"I don’t really celebrate Christmas, so I was free"

"Why so?" He was facing you, staring at you. Oh his beautiful eyes…

"Urms.. "

"Don’t your family celebrate?"

"My… Parents died."

His expression darkened. 
“oh… “

He didn’t even apologised, you thought, ain’t that what normally people do?

You tried to change the awkward situation, “X is really cool, she gave me really cool gadgets. “

"Mmmm…"

"You’re cold and really speak little…"

"That’s me. "

"Don’t you wanna get along? "

"Do you?" he gave you the same expression as you did in the plane.

You burst out laughing, “Omigosh, please please, you can’t act cute. You look terrible!! “

He continued to tease you with a bunch of cute faces.

The next three hours of flight barely felt tiring anymore.

 

 


 

 

Hey lovely readers :) 
Thank you for showing love to this story. 
I hope it wasn't boring, I tried to add a few elements of spy-kinda feel, but these are really just my imaginations>.<
Hehe.. 


Anyways, I realised it would be difficult to continue writing ____ for the guy, so I decided to give him a name :) 
Jang Hyuk! 
Hehehehs, I really love Jang Hyuk and I think he fits this character well ~ 

Ohhh, and, I have a news to break to you guys. 
My major exam is approaching in less than 50 days. :(( 
I know I just started this story, but it would mean I would update the story less often:(((
Please continue to give love to this story. 
I am sure you won't be disappointed at the end :) 

 

As a treat, I'll upload two chapters today :) 
Please do check out my other story : The Heart Never Forgets featuring Daehyunn~

 

Comment and Subscribe :)