Fate

Love, It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was late that day. I have no idea why. Everything did not seem right at all for me since I woke up. I didn’t hear the alarm ring, I snoozed it unconsciously, and woke up three hours later. What a way to start my day right? So yeah, got up abruptly, had the quickest bath ever, and went out of my small apartment in no time.

I knew things like this would happen. Did I tell you how unlucky I was? Still am by the way. Went to the parking lot, got in my car and guess what? The engine won’t start. I have an old car, same age as me. 29. I was late, and my car broke down. I had to be somewhere three hours ago. As a (struggling) freelance actor, there are tons of auditions and castings I have to go. Today was one of the biggest and the most important for my career breakthrough. But I guess fate has its own plans. Grabbed my phone and got a text from the casting director telling me that I just lost my slot. Great. I just blew another shot. With trembling hands, I texted my sister Joy to come and help me with my car. 

A little while later Joy came and found me crying. She knew me so well, of how unfortunate I am, and how things don’t usually go my way. So she offered the one thing I needed the most that time, a hug. That was enough to make me feel at ease even if it’s just temporary.

 

”Have you eaten?” She said.

I only stared at her blankly, I didn’t even need to shake my head. She understood.

 

”Let’s go and have food first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter