(Un)Welcome On Set

Love, It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9.17 o’clock in the morning. Guess who was the earliest on set? Yes it was me, Wendy Son Seungwan! Well, it was my first day after all, and I had to show a good first impression to everyone. Moreover, I didn’t want to embarrass my bae I mean my boss. I stayed in the car while waiting for her to reply my text. I told her that I accidentally got here early and that I was waiting in the car since no one was here yet. I was anxiously agitated on my seat when someone knocked on my window. There she was, smiling so brightly that I thought the sun had lost its ray at the very moment to the beauty that was Irene Bae. I smiled sheepishly as I was gawking involuntarily at her; I then turned my car engine off and got off the car.

“Hey boss, good morning. Uhh I’m really nervous ha.. ha.. ha” What the heck Wan that was really unnecessary. I blurted out a ‘sorry’ after that and she just laughed along at my nervousness. She didn’t have to be this cute so early in the morning, and now I’m questioning myself on how will I focus on my job if she was going to be this beautiful. The worst (best) part? We will be spending two whole months together. Oh my weak heart.

With that smile never leaving her face, she took my hand and squeezed them lightly.

“Aww don’t worry, you’ll be fine. Everyone is so welcoming here, and I will guide you all the way okay? So had your breakfast yet?” she asked while still holding my hand.

I just shook my head and couldn’t utter a single word since I was electrocuted by the hand holding that was happening at the moment. So she just pulled me inside the studio to a spot where there were tables and chairs. It was the dining room. There were different kinds of food in front of us, and she nudged me to take the plate that she was handing out to me. Silly me, I got caught up and didn’t realize that she let go of my hand already.

“So this is the first thing we all do before the shoot starts. We eat breakfast! So don’t bother buying anything before coming here, because they will prepare the best meals from breakfast, up until supper in case we finish the shoot late”. I nodded at the first lesson I got from my boss. Maybe it was the nervousness, or maybe it was because my boss turned out to be the prettiest woman ever, it was so hard for me to speak that morning. I’d like to believe it was because of my worries of this whole new job, but truthfully it was because of the latter.

After we both put what we wanted to eat on our plates, we then sat at the nearest table. By then, more people have arrived and Irene introduced me to everyone. I got positive vibes from everybody so far, and I was excited to start. I told myself to do anything and everything if that means I get to be in the industry. Sooner or later right?

“Hey, are you done eating? Let’s go we have a lot to prepare, they are doing scenes with 6 actors today. We have to prepare wardrobe for them, and we are planning to shoot 20 scenes which means; plenty of wardrobe changes. Sorry am I going too fast Wendy?” she quickly asked when she saw the blank expression I had on my face.

I probably looked like a corpse, because I felt like my soul has left my body the moment she explained about the workload. I stammered while answering, which resulted in another hand squeezing but this time, added with hair ruffling. My heart skipped a beat at the antics. Please boss, stop making it harder for me. “Please show me and guide me on what to do Irene, honestly I’m lost”.

“Come, I’ll show you.” She started walking somewhere inside the building where our station was located. Inside, there were two sets of iron, one was the steam iron which we always see in boutiques and malls and another one was a conventional iron with the ironing board. Next to them are sets of cloth railings where all the wardrobes are. “Whoa” I muttered to myself while admiring the room. Oh and there are also fitting rooms for the actors to change their clothes. Irene instructed me to iron the entire wardrobe that is hanging on the railing. She explained that every attire needs to be ironed as it will look bad on tv if they were to use wrinkled clothes. I just nodded at the information and quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter