Work

Love, It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, remember what I said about mom and dad pushing you to get a job? And how I told you that you will make it big?” Joy suddenly startled me in the middle of our movie marathon that night.

While munching on our usual chips, I tried to focus on the movie but I couldn’t help this gut wrenching feeling in the pit of my stomach. As if there is going to be something happening right at the very moment. I turned to look at her with an unsure face.

”Uhh, yeah? What about it. Please don’t be like them too please, the last thing I need is another precious family member turning her back on me.”

Joy just laughed and continued eating the chips. But what she said afterwards got me thinking. Hard.

”Nah, you know I’m not like them. But I kinda have a solution to your problem right now. That is if you want to accept it” she replied while her eyes glued back to the tv screen.

At this very moment I knew my life was gonna change, but of course I tried to shake those feelings off. I watched the movie but truthfully it felt like the movie was watching me. I analized word by word that Joy said. Solution. To my problem. My unemployed and no fixed income problem. I knew something had to be done, since all this while if I had no auditions or castings I would just laze around the house being unproductive. Without wasting anymore time I shot her a question.

”Are you sure it’s gonna help me and my career? Or will this just be a temporary thing beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter