03.

QMi Love or Three times Kyuhyun thought he was gay and one time he didn't

 

The third time Kyuhyun thought he was gay, felt like both first and last one.

It wasn’t like he felt something special for that hyung, it wasn’t like it was a sudden struck of eternal love or any other overwhelming feeling among the lines. It wasn’t like he only cared for this hyung, only saw his face, only thought of his presence when he was not around.

Sure he cared, but he cared for the rest eleven hyungs no less. They were his family, a little cruel one, yeah, but then again, he was catching up pretty fast. His sharp tongue soon became his trademark, but if any of the members were in a real need, Kyuhyun would drop everything, in hopes of being of some help. (That had happened only once up till now… But still, it only proved his point.)

Of course he was seeing this hyung’s face all the time, but he lived with him and other hyungs at a really small space, he worked with them, he practiced with them – he’d have to be blind not to see him around.

And granted, his thoughts always wandered to this particular hyung when he was not there, because when such situation occurred, the flat was so empty and quiet, that it was hard not to. No one was there to nag about everyone else being too ignorant about spiritual issues, no one was there to laugh at every lamest joke being said (the kind that otherwise left a very awkward atmosphere), no one was there to hug every person that looked even remotely under the weather. Honestly, when he was not around, everybody noticed.

Still, it was this particular hyung’s presence that made Kyuhyun look elsewhere with embarrassment because of what was going through his mind. It was that boy, feeling the skin of whom Kyuhyun’s imagination was running wild so much, that he couldn’t be more grateful for humans’ inability to read minds.

Because honestly? Choi Siwon was way too hot to be alive.

And his exceptionally open personality, added to the lack of any skinship boundaries, did not help Kyuhyun with his little problem in the slightest.

So it shouldn’t come as a surprise, that the moment the only thing Kyuhyun started associating with Siwon was an incoherent mass of words ‘abs, , hot, (y), wtf, bed, covers, NOW’ and the like, the maknae decided it was probably better for his mental state to avoid the elder for the time being.

For a short while. Until his hormones calm down.

Just a day or two.

Three’s a max.

 

Two weeks later Leeteuk called a secret meeting with the members. The secret was for Kyuhyun’s sake, obviously. So, of course, the youngest knew about it all along. Not that he was going to go and interrupt them, if that was another way to not have to be in Siwon’s presence for an hour longer, he’d more than gladly stay in his room.

He ended up eavesdropping, crouched on the hall floor, and peeking through the thin gap left in the door.

“I’m opening the meeting concerning the problematic behavior of our maknae!” called the leader seriously.

Heechul grimaced. “What the , Teukie.”

“It’s not a ing High School teachers’ conference,” supported him Kangin. “Stop making it sound like one.”

Leeteuk gasped. “But it’s our child we’re talking about! You can’t tell me you don’t care at all!”

“There he goes again,” Heechul rolled his eyes. “You do realize you’re not his mother, right? Nor you are his father,” he added seeing the leader opening his mouth to argue.

The eldest didn’t give up. “Of course I am his mother! Why else would he call me umma?”

“To make fun of you, that rude little brat,” murmured Kibum from behind the book he was reading.

“He would not do that to his umma,” argued Leeteuk stubbornly.

“Hyung! Do you see yourself having a ?” When Sungmin was losing his patience, a real liked to come out of him.

Suddenly Donghae tilted his head and blinked. “What’s a ?” He asked, tugging on Hyukjae’s shirt.

Hyukjae clasped his hands on his friend’s ears, and threw Sungmin a deadly glare. “Thanks,” he grunted angrily. “Now I have to have the talk with him. Just, thanks.”

Sungmin shrugged, not caring at all. “He’d need to learn someday anyway. He can’t go on thinking that is an Aliens’ deadly weapon. Might as well be today.”

“Ehm,” a quiet, gentle voice interrupted the upcoming war. “Didn’t you say we were going to talk about Kyu?”

Leeteuk clapped his hands. “Right!”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes behind the door. Took you long enough.

“So, what about him?” Asked Shindong, sounding genuinely concerned like the good hyung he was.

“What do you mean ‘what about him’! He hasn’t come out of his room for over a month!”

Everyone looked at each other, and Kyuhyun rubbed his own head in confusion (“Was it really that long?”).

“Eee, aren’t you exaggerating… a little bit?” Asked Kangin carefully.

Heechul didn’t prove to have that much tact. Well, he never claimed he had such thing anyway. “Oh please Teukie, who cares about this brat. Besides it was no more than two beautiful days that I didn’t have to see his annoying face all over the place.”

Okay, that is not true for sure, thought Kyuhyun grumpily. And did he say annoying...?

“What!” The leader gasped, evidently flabbergasted.

“Well, it’s not like he’s a secret agent. Or has a gay crush on one of us,” shrugged Yesung nonchalantly, the rest of the members nodding with agreement.

Kyuhyun neared the gap, sweating all over when he couldn’t hear anything from the room for the next ten horrible seconds. Was it possible for this bunch of stupid people to figure him out so quickly? Why was no one saying anything?!

“That must be it!” Announced Leeteuk finally. “You’re so right, Jongwoon-ah! Now the question is, what do we do to help him?”

Eleven bursts of loud laughter were all he got as an answer. Kyuhyun sighed with great relief. Thanks God.

“Geez, you’re all insensitive bastards. I will help him then!”

Something in the overly enthusiastic voice of the leader made Kyuhyun shift nervously.

“I will watch over him!”

Oh God. Oh God please no.

“I will make sure he’s happy and comfortable between us!”

Gosh, please tell me this isn’t what I think it is.

“I will tuck him to sleep and read him stories if that’s what it takes to take his mind off those dirty thoughts!”

WHAT. Nonononononononono.

“I’ll assist him everywhere and every time, I will make sure he’s alright, if none of you seem to care at all!”

Suddenly Kyuhyun thought he doesn’t like Siwon all that much. Not at all, in fact.

Siwon’s just a friend. Kyuhyun doesn’t even notice his abs.

What abs. What dirty thoughts.

They were never there, he does not need any protection or assistance.

He’s totally and absolutely fine. Not gay, not drooling over his hyung, not dreaming of his body. He’s perfectly, un-gayingly okay.

His panicked stream of thoughts was abruptly interrupted by a gentle, surprised voice above his head.

“Kyu…? What are you doing here? Ah, nevermind,” Leeteuk smiled sympathetically. “I need to talk to you. Do you have a second?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as he found himself unable to utter a word. His look seeking any kind of help went unnoticed by the rest of the members.

Heechul’s vicious smirk was the last thing the maknae saw before being dragged to his own room by a crazy overprotective leader.

(He didn’t leave it for the rest of the month, much to Leeteuk’s surprise. (“Was my support not enough for him?”))

__________

Koszernylosiu said it makes sense, so... I decided to believe her after all :p