01.

QMi Love or Three times Kyuhyun thought he was gay and one time he didn't

 

When Kyuhyun was told he was going to join Super Junior, the first thing that crossed his mind was a rather helpless: “How the hell am I going to tell them all apart?”

Surprisingly, it was his own sister who helped him out… by introducing to him Super Junior’s No. 1 Fan, a.k.a her best friend, Something-With-A-Lee. She claimed to know every little bit of information there was to know about all twelve members of the group, from their real names, to what they liked to eat, to which cartoon characters they preferred having on their socks.

Although he was not interested in the most personal stuff in the slightest – how did she even know all of that?! – he appreciated her ‘name and habits knowledge’ of each and every one of them very much.

 

And so the study began.

 

“Who is the leader?” The girl asked with a stick in her hands, with a big poster of Super Junior hanging behind her back.

“Leeteuk,” answered Kyuhyun immediately.

“Real name?” She squinted her eyes.

“Park… Junsu?”

Kyuhyun jumped as she hit the table with her stick. “Wrong! It’s Jungsu, not Junsu! Junsu is the one from DBSK you moron!”

Yeah… Not the most pleasurable girl to deal with. No wonder she’s bffs with his sister. Kyuhyun shivered.

The next four hours looked very similar to those ten minutes. The girl asking him something he had absolutely no idea about, then getting pissed when he answered wrongly and finally throwing her arms in the air in despair, right before leaving the room for good. Kyuhyun decided he wasn’t going to miss her, after all.

 

He did end up learning something though. Or someone. Someone with big sad eyes and extremely handsome features. Someone who, according to his SJ-tutor, had a slight obsession over sea (with all of its residents) and UFO. Someone who went by the name of Lee Donghae.

Donghae was, apparently, a guy everybody loved, and after watching every possible video on YouTube that he had been in, Kyuhyun was close to admitting having a slight crush on the guy himself. He was insanely good looking, he had a really nice voice and decent singing skills, he smiled at almost everything being said to him, he seemed to never get angry, but the thing that captured Kyuhyun’s attention the most… The most charming thing about Donghae, was his dancing.

 

Boy did Kyuhyun wish to dance with at least one hundredth of the passion and devotion Donghae put into it so effortlessly. He seemed to lose the touch with all of the simple, ordinary humans stepping on the same earth, and while we’re at it – the gravity didn’t look like such a big problem for him either.

 

Let’s face the facts, for the short while between finding out about the near future of him joining the biggest group out there, and actually getting to know them, Kyuhyun turned fully into a fanboy mode. (He was not proud of it later on. Not at all.)

 

***

 

Saying that Kyuhyun was nervous on the day of meeting his future band mates, would be an understatement. Like, a huge one, if him biting what was left of his nails (a habit that he had dropped in fourth grade, for mother’s sake!) was anything to go by.

 

The only other time he had been acting like such a pissy ten-year-old girl, was when he accidentally broke his father’s newest laptop, only because he had wanted so much to just try out that new game everyone in his school already had, and his father’s new toy had exactly the parameters the game needed. It really wasn’t his fault that the copy he got from one of his friends had been infected…

Though it did explain why he got it so cheap now that he’d think of it.

 

“Are planning on saying anything at all, kid?” A sarcastic voice suddenly spoke up, making him jump and trip over his own legs.

Someone laughed, while Kyuhyun was trying to gather himself from the floor not damaging any of his limbs in the process; he liked them the way they were, thanks.

“You mean he’s going to be the ‘new outstanding addition’ to a dancing idol group?” The same sarcastic voice asked.

The guy owning it, or at least Kyuhyun assumed he was one, as he didn’t know anything about the group being coeducational, had quite long light brown hair and big, filled with distaste eyes. Kyuhyun vaguely tried to remember his name… Something starting with a Hee..?

“I know, right!” laughed another voice, belonging to a monkey-faced boy. “Do you even know what dancing is? Or grace? Or, let’s say, coordination?”

Kyuhyun frowned and was just about to answer the rude guys with something he would probably regret later on, when a voice he had come to know so well over the last few weeks, suddenly spoke up as well.

“Stop it, Hyukkie!” Kyuhyun smiled involuntarily. Lee Donghae was defending him. He didn’t know what he did to deserve this, but… “You’re gonna hurt his Alien feelings! I mean, look at him, he’s gotta be an Alien to look like that.”

 

…but he was enjoying it nonethe – what..?

 

The monkey-faced guy laughed loudly and high-fived Donghae, right before throwing Kyuhyun last judgmental look and leaving him to the rest of Super Junior.

 

“Can you cook?” Asked doubtfully the leader, while another small boy pouted and tugged Leeteuk’s sleeve.

“Hyung! I’m your cooking maknae, why do you need another one!”

“I bet he doesn’t know how to do it, anyway,” said absentmindedly a guy Kyuhyun remembered as the main vocal. What was his name? “Don’t worry, Wookie, me and Ddangkoma will only eat your food.”

 

…Who now?

 

“I hope you’re at least Christian,” said who Kyuhyun knew was Choi Siwon. “We don’t need another Kim Heechul here. One is bad enough.”

“Yah!” Yelled Heechul with offense, tackling the taller boy to the ground.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened at the sight.

 

This… is going to be tough, he thought.

 

That unforgettable Monday was probably the most important day in Kyuhyun’s whole life, as two significant things happened.

First and foremost, he met the people who were going to eventually, after months of bullying and weeks of fighting, pranking and accidentally losing him in the crowds, become his life-long friends...

And second, he had absolutely and irreversibly fallen out of love with Lee Donghae.

 

__________

I know it's short, but in all honesty, it was meant to be just a part of a oneshot, so... Four very short chaps or just a single long one. The choice was obvious :pp

~love, puppysauruss ^-^v