02.

QMi Love or Three times Kyuhyun thought he was gay and one time he didn't

 

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Called a sleepy voice when Kyuhyun was busy trying to squeeze himself into the sleeping bag in any possible way that would keep at least some of the heat under the covers.

Kyuhyun stopped his ministrations.

“Sorry, hyung,” he squeaked apologetically, his teeth chattering annoyingly. “Didn’t mean to wake you up.”

Sungmin supported himself with one hand, while rubbing his eye with the other, and glanced down at the mess on the floor that was Cho Kyuhyun. “What are you talking about,” he yawned, “come on up here, you’re going to freeze to death there.”

Kyuhyun wasted no second to grab the sleeping bag and bury himself in the warm sheets of the elder’s. He shifted himself closer to Sungmin (the other being another source of heat in the cold winter night), and finally sighed with happiness. Just as he was about to quietly thank his hyung for his overwhelming kindness, he heard a tiny snore from his left side.

He smiled. He can always do it tomorrow.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun shifted uncomfortably as at least ten pairs of eyes stared at him judgmentally. This wasn’t the first time, nor was it the last one – if the previous weeks were anything to go by. “I’m… sorry?” He tried, his voice not really sincere.

Someone snorted. “Oh, it’s totally okay, you were only trying to poison all of us,” hissed a sarcastic voice Kyuhyun learned to recognize as Heechul’s.

“You really are rude, aren’t you,” deadpanned the leader with disappointment, after another while of the stubborn silence on Kyuhyun’s side.

Maknae winced. It wasn’t like he made that ramen wrong on purpose; still, he knew it was no point in trying to explain himself, didn’t work last n times, wouldn’t work now.

“Now he’s not even saying anything,” Lee Hyukjae rolled his eyes and stood up. “Well, I’m outta here. Someone’s up for pizza?”

“Come on, guys, it’s not like it’s his fault!” Sungmin cut in. “Plus, it really can’t be that bad, can it?”

A deep, meaningful silence was everything he got as a reply. Even Kyuhyun looked up at the ceiling, avoiding Sungmin’s eyes.

“…can it?” He repeated with much less confidence.

Yesung cleared his throat. “Leave it, Min. Let’s just go grab the pizza like Hyuk said.” Everybody stood up, ready to go. “And you,” he pointed at Kyuhyun. “You’re the one who created this mess, surely you won’t make any of us clean up after that..?”

And then they left, leaving Kyuhyun to curse his stupid sister for how she had taught him cooking. She used to say he was good!

“Hey, I’m starving. Come on, let’s go with them.” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows with surprise. He thought he was the only one left in the kitchen. “Don’t worry, I’ll help you with the dishes later,” Sungmin winked. “Are you coming?”

Kyuhyun glanced at what was supposed to be ramen, and then back at his hyung’s expectant figure. “I sure am,” he grinned.

 

***

 

“Kyu! Look here for a second,” called Sungmin, taking Kyuhyun’s attention off the game he was currently playing. “Did you see that?!”

Kyuhyun didn’t fail to notice his hyung’s eyes shining with excitement, his cheeks tinted with just a tiny bit of red, and the grin never leaving his face. He blushed at his thoughts and quickly glanced at the monitor, hoping the other hadn’t noticed anything.

Then he furrowed his eyebrows.

“What’s that?”

“This, Kyuhyunnie,” started Sungmin proudly. “This is your first fan site!”

Kyuhyun blinked. “M-mine..?”

He could feel the warmth spreading all over his body, when the other nodded happily. “Look, those are your most recent photos, and here you can read about yourself, here are fan accounts of the fans meeting you, and if you click here, you can read the comments, here are the statistics of when the site had started and of how many… oh.”

Sungmin threw him a sheepish look.

“There’s six of them.”

“W-well, yes, but it just started yesterday! I bet tomorrow it’s going to be at least six hundreds, I mean—“

He wasn’t meant to ever finish the sentence, as Kyuhyun shook his head and sighed. “It’s fine, hyung, really. It’s not like I’m the most popular member anyway.”

Sungmin patted his shoulder before reaching to caress his cheek, probably not meaning for the gesture to leave it all warm and tingly. “You are the best member for me.” He said with a gentle smile adorning his face.

Kyuhyun’s heart skipped a bit at those words. He looked up with gratitude in his eyes. “Really?”

“Really.”

 

***

 

“Sungmin-ah… Can we talk for a second?” Asked Kyuhyun, nervously fiddling with his fingers. This was it, he was going to say it. No backing off this time.

Sungmin smiled. “Sure, I was going to ask you something anyway.”

“Oh… You go first then,” every excuse of postponing the inevitable was good. Even if it meant only two minutes.

“Are you sure?” Kyuhyun nodded. “Okay. Well, this might sound stupid, but… Do you think I’m handsome?”

Bright red spread across the maknae’s cheeks. “Of course you are!” He exclaimed, maybe a bit too quickly. “I mean, uh, look at yourself, hyung. Is it possible to be more charming than you?”

Sungmin’s eyes lit up with happiness and relief. “You really think so? Thanks Kyu, I knew I could always count on you!” He threw himself to hug Kyuhyun thankfully, and just as Kyuhyun was about to return the hug, he continued. “So, you know that girl from the last time?”

The younger vaguely recalled their last meeting with some of the trainees from their company. He could feel his stomach clenching uncomfortably as he nodded his head weakly.

“She’s not going to say no if I ask her out, right?”

Kyuhyun swallowed the lump in his throat with great effort. “No way in a million years.”

“I sure hope so,” chuckled Sungmin, and then looked at his dongsaeng curiously. “So… What did you want to talk about?”

Kyuhyun forced a smile. “Ah, this. Nothing important, hyung, don’t worry. In fact, I already forgot what I wanted to say.”

Sungmin frowned. “Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Aw, Kyu, you should honestly stop playing StarCraft this long at night. Sleep can work miracles for the memory!” Sungmin laughed. “Well, I’m going. Wish me luck!” He shouted and ran out of the room, leaving Kyuhyun all embarrassed, staring into the space his hyung had been occupying just a couple of seconds ago.

“Good luck,” he mumbled. Maybe this whole gay thing really wasn’t for him.

 

____________

Aww Kyu, don't lose hope, you'll find someone who can stand your brattiness... eventually :p  Guess who's next!