Chapter 4

If Kyungsoo Doesn't Say 'I Do'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

             “What the hell is this?” Jongin asked as soon as he put his tray down on the table.  He was staring, open mouthed at Tao and Kris.  Kyungsoo’s expression mirrored Jongin’s as well as Chen and Baekhyun’s.

            “Um…Tao is something on Kris’s hand?” Jongin asked.  He looked at Kyungsoo quizzically, who still had his eyes wide open, trying to comprehend what was happening.

            Tao lifted Kris’s hand and inspected it, “No.  Why?”

            “Because you’re holding it,” Chen exclaimed like it was the most impossible situation in the world, “Why are you holding it?” He was almost hysterical.

            Baekhyun looked around, “Are we in the wrong alternate universe?”

            “Shut up guys.  They’re together.  Now sit down and eat,” Sehun threw a carrot at Baekhyun.

            “Why aren’t you surprised at this?” Kyungsoo stared at the younger. 

            For the last two years Tao had been Kris’s intern.  They hardly talked and everyone assumed they had a bad relationship.  Last week the two of them went to China on a business trip and BAM now they were holding hands.

            “Because they caught us having in their office,” Suho grinned at Kris, who was about to lean over and choke the public relations manager until Tao grabbed the back of his shirt. 

            “So that makes three couples in the office,” Baekhyun said grudgingly as he stole a fry from Jongin’s plate. 

            “Oh yeah!” Tao turned to Jongin and Kyungsoo, “Congratulations!”

            Jongin assumed he was talking about their engagement and was about to say thank you when Kyungsoo interrupted him, “About what?”

            Jongin turned to him.  Kyungsoo only smiled innocently at him and grabbed his hand, “I’m kidding, Jongin.  Thanks, Tao.”

            Jongin breathed a sigh of breath, “I was worried for a second.”

            Kyungsoo smiled at him, “You’re too easy to read.  Of course he was congratulating us on that new venture project we’ve been chasing.”

            Jongin opened his mouth before Kyungsoo shut him up with a kiss, “Or our engagement.”

            “You’re a jerk.”

            “You’re a bigger one.”

 

            “Hey, can you sign off on these giving me full rights to do the marketing for that starter firm?” Kyungsoo entered Jongin’s office and threw a clipboard on his fiancé’s desk.

            “Yeah sure,” Jongin absentmindedly signed the paper and turned back to a pamphlet in his hand. 

            “So what do you think of summer? Honestly,” Jongin asked. 

            “It’s a season?  It’s hot?” Kyungsoo sat down in the chair opposite Jongin’s desk.

            “I mean for our wedding.”

            Kyungsoo started coughing after choking on his own saliva, “What?”

            “Look I thought this all over,” Jongin threw the pamphlet on his desk and Kyungsoo eyed it: Tour Guide for all the Wonderful Sights of Boston.

            “We can’t get married here,” Jongin began, “It’s illegal…obviously.  And we’ve always talked about visiting America.”

            “For business purposes,” Kyungsoo stated.

            “But that’s the beauty of it,” there was a light in Jongin’s eyes, “We can have our honeymoon in Hawaii, the number one tourist state in America.  And there are so many Japanese people living and visiting there.  Nakseong Company was just acquired by the Japanese and we’re partners with them.  If there was a better opportunity to put our marketing skills to the test, it would be this.  And the best thing is: we’re the marketing leaders so we can spend as much time there as we want.  And you know,” Jongin leaned back in his chair, “have hot wonderful in luxurious hotels…all paid for by the company.”

            “Wait; hold on,” Kyungsoo was looking at the pamphlet and his eyes were as wide as coins.

            “Omigod.  Do you think it’s too soon to be talking about the wedding?  We can wait!” Jongin got up from his desk and walked over to Kyungsoo and grabbed him by the shoulders, “I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t be planning things like this so soon.  I’m an idiot.” 

            “This is just really sudden is all,” Kyungsoo gave a weak smile.  He eyed the pamphlet, “But why Boston?”

            “Our American Branch is located in Boston and Massachusetts is a…very accepting state.”

            “Um…Jongin I think this is a little too…” Kyungsoo searched for a word that wouldn’t hurt the younger.  He wanted to push the wedding as far into the future as possible. 

            Jongin looked at him with wide eyes and Kyungsoo could see Jongin as a puppy with his tail wagging behind him. 

            When Jongin acted like this, Kyungsoo was basically a goner. 

            “Hey guys,” Kris walked in unannounced, “I just wanted to deliver these old fliers to you.  You said you needed them for safekeeping.” Kris walked into the room and put the fliers from his visit to China on Jongin’s desk. 

            “Um…thanks, Kris,” Kyungsoo picked up the fliers.

            “Um,” Kris sat down in the chair across from the desk, “But now that I’m here.”  He was squirming slightly in his chair, “Can you tell me more about the new guy?”

            Jongin raised an eyebrow, “You mean Chanyeol?”

            “Yeah!” Kris threw a palm down on the desk, “He keeps on tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter