Chapter 3

If Kyungsoo Doesn't Say 'I Do'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baozi is a day time restaurant that opened into a night club later at night.  It was located it neaer Oh Corporation making it one of the prime reasons why Oh Corp employees frequented the place after work.  It was a regular hangout and an obvious choice of where to throw Kyungsoo and Jongin’s engagement party. 

            “I love you,” Jongin sloppily kissed Kyungsoo on the side of his mouth.  He scrunched his eyes and laid his head on the older’s shoulder, “I’m also possibly a bit drunk.”

            Kyungsoo laughed and laid his head on top of Jongin’s, “I think I’m also a bit…drunk.”  Kyungsoo burped and Jongin punched him lightly in the stomach as he exploded into laughter. 

            “Are you guys okay?” Luhan, one of the bartenders, came over to their table and started wiping it, “Do you have someone who can take you two home?  You’re not fit to drive.”  Luhan picked up the empty bottles and tried navigating around Suho and Sehun, who were making out right beside the newly engaged couple.  Both were shirtless and the way Sehun’s hands were working at Suho’s belt, they probably would be in a few minutes.  Almost everyone who came to the engagement party already went home or was in some part of the club making out.   

            “I can drive!” Kyungsoo lifted a hand up in the air.  His eyes became foggy and he suddenly said, “Teacher, I know the answer!”

            Jongin quickly grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and started on his hyung’s fingers. 

            “Oh my!” Luhan exclaimed as he tried tugging Kyungsoo’s body away from Jongin while still carrying the empty bottles in his other hand.  He couldn’t stand one couple, he didn’t want there to be two.

            “Baozi!” Luhan yelled at the bar. 

            It was only a second before Xiumin, Luhan’s fellow bartender and boyfriend, was right beside him; quickly dragging a Sehun off of Suho, who luckily still had his boxers on. 

            “You can’t do this here,” Xiumin scolded the two.  They both quickly turned red and lowered their heads in shame.  The Seho couple was just being their normal selves.  Not even close to being tipsy. 

            “Sorry, hyung.  I’ll take him home,” Suho grabbed Sehun’s hand as he stood up.

            “To your home right?”

            “No.”

            “ why are you being like this?  Seriously, are you cheating on me?”

            “Jesus, Sehun.  I’m not seeing anybody but you!  But if you keep acting like this, I probably won’t be seeing anybody.  Period.”

            “You’ll never cheat on me right, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked as he watched the two leave.  Sehun was tugging at Suho’s sleeve.  It looked like he was about to throw a tantrum.  Jongin was lightly snoring on him.  After Luhan tore them apart, Jongin’s head slid onto Kyungsoo’s lap and he escaped into dreamland.

            Kyungsoo was a bit tipsy but he was still conscious of what he was doing and most of what he was saying. 

            Jongin grunted on his lap. 

            “I don’t know if I can get married,” Kyungsoo began honestly. “I’m scared.  I know I shouldn’t be.  We’re nothing like my parents.  But I just…I don’t know if I can.” Kyungsoo combed his hand through Jongin’s hair and sighed, “What have I gotten myself into?” His head fell back against the booth. 

            “I don’t want you to hate me, Jongin.”  

 

            “When do you think is the best time to get married?” Jongin asked absentmindedly.  He was lying on the couch, his hand on the remote control as he channel surfed.  Kyungsoo was in the kitchen fixing up hot chocolates for the both of them. 

            Kyungsoo froze for a moment on his way to the couch, “Um…maybe we should just wait.”

            “Hmm…I think summer would be a good time don’t you think?” 

            “I guess it’s fitting since we met in the summer.”

            Jongin laughed as he sat upright on the couch.  He dragged Kyungsoo towards him, “Yeah we were idiots then, weren’t we?”

            “Complete es. And you were the most conceited jerk I’d ever met,” Kyungsoo pointed out. 

            “Hey you weren’t any better.  You were stubborn.  You refused to listen to any suggestions I made and kept on saying you were the smartest person in the company.  And you say I was conceited?” Jongin pushed Kyungsoo away before quickly bringing him back to him, “I can’t believe I even fell for you.”

            “And I can’t believe I fell for an idiot like you.  You still believe you’re the .  Nothing’s changed.”

            “You haven’t changed either,” Jongin exclaimed suddenly, “Actually how did two people who hated each other so much get together.” 

            “We might not have changed but I guess our feelings did.”

            “Stupid feelings,” Jongin agreed before wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo. 

            “My stupid feelings got me into this stupid situation.  Engaged to an idiot like you.”

            “Well you’re going to be Mr. Idiot when you marry me,” Jongin stuck out his tongue, but froze when Kyungsoo kissed him. 

 

            Kyungsoo stared at the computer screen.  He looked critically at his marketing essay before stretching out his arms.  He was planning on spending the whole night at his computer, perfecting his essay.  If he wanted Oh Corporation to hire him as a marketing leader, he would have to show how much he wanted to be there.  He had to go that extra mile. 

His marketing position for the last assignment was good.  But it wasn’t good enough to get him the job.  That’s why he was currently writing an essay that wasn’t even required or assigned.   

            Oh Corporation was currently trying to find a marketing leader and Kyungsoo was one of the many hopefuls for the job.  He and a bunch of other hopefuls were basically acting as interns for the company.  They were given classes, assignments, and real life situations in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter