A storm at night

The room of no return

I stared at the message incredulously. Ok what? Teziworld?!

I was confused by the sudden turn of events. To add to this, I realized that Daniel and I were still in a tangled heap on the floor. Embarrassed and shocked, I was too bombarded to move. Daniel gently untangled himself from me and searched to meet my eyes.

"Is everything okay?"

I couldn't answer him and just stared at the message in response. Daniel got up and stared at the messy room before us. A creepy silence evaded the room's entirety.

"I heard a sound after the lecture.." He started. He turned around to look at me again. "It was the weirdest sound I'd ever heard. But I felt.. I felt that someone was calling me. I had to come in and find out. And when I got in.." He paused and bit his lip. "I saw a piece of paper in front of the fan. It said... " But before he could finish, a startling noise came from outside the room. I weakly got up and fumbled for my bag. Both our eyes lingered to what lay behind the door.

I walked over and cautiously pushed the door open. A cold harsh breeze brushed over me as I peered into what used to be a university hall. Daniel rushed over in urgency as I gasped.

"What's wrong?" And then he saw.

I looked out into a dark, tree-filled forest. A misty sky loomed over the ghost-like surroundings and a chilling breeze revealed that it was in the midst of night time. A sign, tattered yet prominent, lay ominously on the forest grounds.

Welcome strangers. Teziworld.

I made a sound that unfortunately resembled a weak dog's whimpering as I stared wide-eyed at the surroundings around me. How, how on earth did a normal afternoon lecture turn into this?

Beside me, Daniel let out a sigh of disbelief.

Heavy rain started to fall and we both stood there in shock, unable to react. I suddenly realized that we had come out of that weird room in the university. Couldn't we just go back, switch on the fan and go back home? A sense of homesickness tugged at me and I  spun around instinctively.

There was no room behind us. It had disappeared.

A big sweater towered over me and I looked up into Daniel's face.

"It's raining." He stared into my eyes and guided me to a sheltering tree. We both sat there in silence and I finally spoke.

"Where are we? Why are we here? Are we alive?  What time is it?"

He gave a slight chuckle at my questions then looked seriously at the fire he had managed to light. Its warmth fueled me with temporary relief.

"Before you arrived in the room, the piece of paper had on it a different message. I suddenly noticed that Daniel had written a message on the soft ground beneath us, with a stick. I stared, mesmerized.

And here is what he wrote:

The belief in magic can take you far. It takes two to make a hero and three to return your hopes. Now behold. Your adventure shall begin.

I don't remember what happened after that. I must have fallen asleep. However, I woke up the next morning and Daniel had gone. He had scribbled on the back of our integral worksheet that he had gone to look around. He told me to stay where I was and that he'd meet me soon.

What he didnt know would happen was that three brothers would appear out of nowhere. And that these three brothers would later scheme.

To kidnap me.