4

Bittersweet

Darkness. Loneliness.

Those feelings are back. No one hears me. No one come to save. Even me can’t save myself.

 

Kai pushed those guys hardly. He switched on the light.

“Baby?! Open the door! Yuki! Open the door!” He tried to open door but it’s locked. A sound of glass fell on the floor made him panic. He banged himself on the door. The guys helped him. Luckily, the door opened.

 

Kai rushed in to see his sister was tried to cut herself. “Baby. Shooo. It’s okay. It’s me. Kkamjong oppa.” Kai whispered. He smiled nervously.

 

“NO! DON’T COME NEAR! NO! THEY LOVE ME! OPPA LOVES ME! THEY WON’T LEAVE ME ALONE! THEY LOVE ME! OPPA NEVER HATE ME!” Yuki shouted. Jongin shed his tears. “Baby..” He attempted to hug Yuki but the latter pointed the shattered glass to him.

 

“DON’T COME NEAR! I KILL YOU! NO! I KILL MYSELF! THAT’S WHAT YOU WANT, RIGHT?!” Yuki’s vision was blurred. She was confused between reality and her memories. The feelings that she felt. Those memories that she remembered. Make her suffocating. Make her want to kill herself. Until she heard a lullaby that dragged her to reality. A lullaby that she yearning for.

 

Jongin sang her favourite song. The song that always soothed her when she’s crying. Yuki soften. He took the glass carefully from her hand. She looked at him with those pair of mourning eyes. She’s so vulnerable. He took her in arms and hugged her tightly. “I won’t let you go.” Jongin cried. Both of them shedding tears together until Yuki fell asleep not long after.

 

The boys who ran to the bathroom once they heard the commotion and witnessed the scene felt downheartedness. They left the scene after she was hugged except the guys who supposed to prank Tao. They felt guilty for not alert who using the bathroom.

 

Jongin carried her to their bathroom and tugged her into blanket. He kissed her forehead and wiped the tears on her face. “I’m sorry because I’m not searched the will in the first place. I’m sorry. I love you.” Jongin cried beside her while holding her hands.

 

 

Lay and Luhan were known as the prankster among the members. They planned out to set a prank on Tao when he went to the bathroom. Unfortunately, they didn’t notice that Tao was using another bathroom and it was Yuki in the bathroom. What made them feel guiltier was they thought Tao who was screaming and they laughed at her. And his brother witnessed them laughing their off. The boys also shot them dejection looks before they walked dissapeared into the room.

 

Kyungsoo open the door and spotted Kai was cuddling Yuki. He felt embarrassed his own brothers make the siblings looked so vulnerable. Both of them lacked of love. We need to teach them how to love and feel loved. Now I know why Mr. and Mrs. Kim requested us to live in their house when they’re gone.

 

All of them didn’t have a nice sleep due to the incident. They felt guilty because they can’t do anything to help them. They wished they will make a new life for them and fixed everything to when they used to be.

 

The chirping sound woke Yuki up. “Good Morning, baby.” Kai smiled while her hair. Yuki open her eyes to see her brother was lying in front of her. Last night incident suddenly played in her mind. “I’m sorry on behalf of them.” Jongin can’t met her eyes. “Don’t worry. You don’t have to be sorry for them. It’s no one fault actually. I want to thank them.” Jongin confused with Yuki’s response. She wants to thank them? “What.. But why?” Jongin flashed he’s dumbfounded face. Yuki laughed. Jongin shook his head. Am I dreaming? “No. You’re not dreaming, oppa.” She took his hand. “I want to thank them because they make me realized that I’m not in that orphanage anymore. I’m with you. Forever with you. And I never back to that orphanage anymore because I know you’re here with me. You love me. And I love you. And I remember them. My EXO.” Yuki beamed at Jongin.

 

Jongin hugged her immediately. “My Yuki.” He cried out. He don’t care he look liked a little kid crying but he relieved that Yuki’s here. His Yuki is back.

 

“I—I can’t—b—breathe” Yuki tried to release from that hug. “I don’t want to let you go.” Jongin tightened his embrace. Yuki pinched his . “Yah, Kim Jongin.” Jongin screamed in pain. Yuki laughed but her laugh died down once she caught a revenge glint in his eyes. She rushed into the bathroom while his brother ran after her. Yuki quickly locked the door and laughed at him. “You won’t get me.” “Aish, you!” Jongin tried to mad at her but he laughed afterwards. “I hate you, babe.” Jongin said. “I love you too, Kkamjong.” Jongin smiled.

 

Yuki turned off the shower and wore the bathrobe. She went out and found Kyungsoo on his bed. “Yo, penguin!” She smiled. “Yo, sno-“ Kyungsoo jolted up and pointed to Yuki. “You..you” Kyungsoo widen his already big eyes. “Yes. Can I have this room for myself?” Yuki waited by the door. “Ah, y-yeah. Sorry.” Kyungsoo blushed. He was about to turn when he heard giggling but the door was closed in front of him. Okay, maybe I’m just seeing things.

 

“Where did you sleep last night?” Jongin appeared from nowhere startled dazed Kyungsoo. “Are you okay, Dyo hyung?” Jongin placed his hand on the latter’s forehead and compared to his forehead. “Well, you’re not hot.” Jongin tched and stretched his neck. Pang. “YAH! WHY YOU SLAP ME?!” Jongin astonished of the unexpected slap. “I—Okay. What a weird morning.” Kyungsoo casually walked away. “YAH! WHAT THE- AISH, THAT HYUNG.” Jongin rubbed his cute pink cheek.

 

The door opened. “What’s with the scream, dude?” Yuki asked. “Your penguin just slapped my cute chubby cheek.” Jongin pouted. Attempted to be cute. “Then, you deserved to get that slap.” Yuki mocking him. “Yah!” Jongin tried to tickle her. They laughed together until they heard a growling sound. Both of them halted and looked at Yuki’s stomach. They RLABed this time. “Haha, go down first. I have a big important meeting to attend.” Jongin grabbed his towel and entered the bathroom. Yuki shook her head. His important meeting every morning. All he does is wake up and pooping. “Well, I just wait for you then.” But she got shooed. She rolled her eyes and read The Last Song while waiting her brother to finish pooping.

 

Kyungsoo opened the door and Yuki glanced at him. Kyungsoo walked awkwardly. “You know you don’t need to be awkward with me. You look stupid.” Yuki plain-spoken.  Kyungsoo judging her. Yuki mimicked him. Kyungsoo suddenly opened his shirt in front of Yuki. Yuki quickly continuing read her book.

 

“Yah, are you trying to my sister?” Kai who just walked out from the bathroom. Yuki shot him a glare. Kyungsoo just looked at Jongin with his what-the-hell-are-you-saying-retard face. “What?!” Jongin looked both of them. They ignored him. Jongin cleared his throat, felt dumb.

 

The mood. Awkward. Too quiet to handle. The boys lowered their head once the trio walked in the kitchen. The trio changing glanced. Yuki snorted. Everyone turned their heads to Yuki. The latter just cleared . The mood back to awkward. Yuki can’t stand the silence and slammed the table. She was about to say something but Lay and Luhan stood up bowed countlessly.

 

“We’re sorry. We don’t know you’re in the bathroom. We’re sorry. We wanted to prank Tao. We’re sorry. Just do anything you want. We don’t care. Punish us if you want.” Both of them poured all of their sorry words. “HAHAHAHAHAHAHA” Yuki cracked up. “Yah, idiot. Eat.” Jongin shot her a look. Yuki kicked his shin. “Whatta.. Yah!” Jongin tickled her. “Yah, yah, YAH! I’m hungry!” She said between laughter. “STOP!” Kyungsoo shouted. Jongin promptly scurrying to his seat. Yuki proceed her eating innocently. “I told you already, right?! Never fight in front of food.” Mad Kyungsoo was blabbering like duhhh.

 

“Excuse me. Am I dreaming or this just a bad dream?” Luhan touched his forehead. Then, he touched Lay’s forehead. “I’m not sick.” Then, he slapped Lay’s cheek. “YAH! WHAT THE EFFING, XI LUHAN?!” Lay turned red. He slapped Luhan’s cheek. “YAH! WHY YOU DAMN SLAP ME BACK?!” “OH, YES I SLAP YOU BACK BECAUSE YOU EFFING SLAP ME OUT OF NOWHERE.” (They’re actually bickering in Mandarin if you’re confused. Thank you.)

 

“CHONG CHENG CHING CHONG. SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU OR YOU WON’T HAVE BREAKFAST FOR A MONTH.” Kyungsoo enraged. Yup, Kyungsoo was the most effing scariest person when it come to food. “Yeah.. And you just slapped me before.” Jongin judging Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was about to fight back and the angel leader spoke out.

 

“Can we just eat because I’M FREAKING HUNGRY RIGHT NOW? And I want all of you in the living room after this because I’M FREAKING DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT’S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. NOW, EAT. Thank you.” Wow, that smile quite creepy.

 

No one dared to make sound even they stood up silently except for Suho of course. It’s Jongin’s turn to wash the dishes. Well, since the siblings were afraid of their leader, they washed the dishes together.

 

As expected, all of them felt nervous like a bunch of bullies gonna confronted the principle. Suho already sat on the sofa like a boss with Kris. Actually, Suho insisted the other leader to sat with him because… Can’t I say that Suho acted like a mom while Kris HAD to act like a father.

 

The siblings were the last one sat on the floor, looking down to the floor. “Head up, guys!” Suho sternly said. “Luhan, Lay. Apologize. PROPERLY.” The angel already turned into the devil. “We’re sorry for the last night incident. We didn’t mean it.” Lay and Luhan lowered their head feeling guilty of what happen. “Now, say sorry to each other.” Kris said in Mandarin. “I’m sorry for slapping you just now. I just want—“ “Someone to slap, of course.” Lay rolled his eyes. Kris glared at Lay. “Okay, I’m sorry too.” Lay and Luhan shook hands. “Now, I want some explanation. Yuki?” Suho looked at Yuki. Yuki raised her brows. Suho smiled. She smirked. The others just looked at both of them. “Welcome back.” Suho grinned. “I’m back.” Yuki eye-smiled them.

 

“And before you crushed me with your hugs, I want to thank Yixing gege and Lulu for the prank last night. I might still in my worst state if there was no prank.” The boys amused to see their cute lil sister back. “And one more thing, no hug.” Jongin stated like a diva. The boys groaned. Yuki chortled. Then, they laughed together. “I love my EXO.” Yuki cheered. “We love our saengiee too” They sang along.