2

Bittersweet

Chattering. Noisy. “Yah! That’s my food.” A boy yelled. She opened her eyes. She blinked few times to adjust her blurred vision. She heard someone walked in. She opened her eyes. A sight of handsome guy sat on the sofa just above her and took a deep breath before looked at her and smile.

 

 

“Good morning, snow. Wake up, have a breakfast.” He smiled. The girl sat up and rubbed her eyes. Cute like her bunny. He didn’t noticed his stare was scaring her. She suddenly hugged her Tokki tightly. “Emm, sorry.” He rubbed his back neck and looked anywhere but her. “Come. Let’s have a breakfast.” Kyungsoo stood up. “Oppa.” She whispered. “Oppa? He’s in the toilet. Take a bath.” Kyungsoo waited for her reply. But only silence answered him. Kyungsoo awkwardly walked out to the kitchen. She folded up the beddings and put them nicely on the sofa before she went to the kitchen. “Oh, hey there, baby. Oppa is about to wake you up.” Jongin hugged her shoulder. “Have a nice sleep, baby?” Jongin stucked her hair behind her ears. She nodded. Very nice, oppa. I’m longing for home for too long. Jongin patted her head. Jongin sat beside her while she sat at the end of the dine table.

They still chattering like usual. Make a joke. Feeding forcedly to each other. Fought over food. Yuki just eat silently until her brother asked her to introduce herself. Yuki become pale. She’s afraid because she doesn’t remember how to speak properly and loudly. She’s been quiet for a whole year.  Jongin rest his hand on Yuki’s and patted her hand. “It’s okay.” He mouthed.

“Y..Yuki. Kim Yuki. 16.” She stuttered. “Hi, Yuki! Chanyeol’s here. Your new bunny. You can hug anytime you want.” Chanyeol said it too loud make him like a ert and the worst is his smile. “Yah, byuntae! You just showed a bad first impression of you to her.” Baekhyun said it like a grandma. “Sorry, Yuki. Don’t mind him. I’m Baekhyun. It’s oppa.” He smiled. Everyone cringed of his cheesiness. Yuki hide her smile. “Stop it, hyung.” Jongin scrunched his face. Everyone laughed. “I’m Suho.” He smiled. He looked like an angel. “I’m Tao.” An intimidating eyes but a girly voice. Unique. “I’m Kris.” Like a manga character. Beautiful eyes he got there. “Kyungsoo.” His eyes too big to handle.  “Xiumin.” Chinese? “I’m Korean. Fully Korean.” WTH, did he just read my mind? “Chen. I’m not Chinese and I lived in Korea for 21 years.” Chanyeol clapped his hand while laughing. Trolled much but his smile is beautiful. “Sehunnie. Remember me?” Sehunnie? Ahhhh, that kid with his bubble tea. He waited for Yuki’s reaction but yeah, she still wearing that i-don’t-care-what-you-said face. “O..Okay.” He awkwardly laughed. “I’m Luhan. Call me Lulu.” Korean? He looked like a deer. “I’m fully Chinese. From Beijing.” What’s wrong with world? Chinese but Korean face. Fully Korean but Chinese face? “I’m Lay. The unicorn in this house.” He smiled the brightest. Is he too handsome for me until I want to punch his face. My stomach. Stop feeling funny. She continued eating to hide her blushing cheeks.

Jongin pushed his chair and stood up. Yuki looked at her with questioning face. “I want to go to the convenience store. Buy some things for you.” Yuki grabbed his hand. “I won’t be too long. They’re nice. Don’t worry.” Jongin eye-smiled her. Yuki hesitantly took her hand back. Jongin patted her head and kissed it. “Any things you want me to buy?” Jongin asked the others. “Nope. I just want my Kkamjong to come home faster. Gonna miss you, babehh.” Chanyeol make a kissy face. The others cracked into laughter. Yuki eased a little by that joke. “Idiot.” Jonging stucked his tongue and rushed to the door. “Aish, that kid.” Chanyeol was about to chase Jongin but stop by Baekhyun. “Eat.” Baekhyun continued eating.

Awkward. One by one took their plates and put into the sink. Tried to get out from the awkward situation. Just because a girl who turned to be Jongin’s sister eating silently and slowly. “Yah, who’s gonna wash these plates?” Luhan asked. Everyone quickyly get out from the kitchen like the kitchen was on fire. “Aigoo, those kid.” Luhan slumped his shoulder. Yuki smile secretly. Yuki walked to the sink as she finished eating. She helped Luhan washed the plates. Luhan stopped for awhile but continued and smiled at her action. Well, she’s not that bad. After they finished washing, Yuki reached for a towel and wiped the table. “Thanks.” Luhan said. “You’re welcome.” Yuki said in Mandarin. Luhan was taken aback that she can speak in Mandarin but he let it go once Yuki has done wiping the table. Luhan made his way out to the living room but Yuki went to her right and disappeared into the hallway. Once he reached the living room, the door opened and Jongin walked in with a plastic bag in his hand. “What did you buy?” Luhan asked. “Some girl things. You know…” Jongin said. “Ahhh..” Luhan nodded. “Where is she?” “I think she take a bath.” “Okay.” Jongin went to his room. Kyungsoo was about to enter the room. “Is she in there?” Jongin asked. “No. She’s in the toilet.” Both of them entered the room. The room is actually Yuki’s room. A baby blue wall with white funitures. A big and wide window pane with a forest view at the back of the mansion. Since Kyungsoo was stayed in the room. A bunk bed and a single bed were placed in the room. Jongin placed Yuki’s bag on the bed and unpacked it. A few clothes and pants. Whatta. Jongin sighed. Kyungsoo glanced at him. “Why?” “She’s been through a lot. But why she hide it when I visit her? Dammit. I’m not a good brother for her.” Jongin looked down to the floor. Kyungsoo sat beside him. “You won’t be a good brother if you won’t take her back. You take care of her. I can see it. You’re a different person when you’re with her. You looked so worried about her. When she tensed, you rubbed her shoulder. You patted her head. You her hair. You looked like a mother instead of a brother to me. And she’s clingy to you whenever she can. This morning. I woke her up. The first thing was out from is you. She loves you. She just need some time for her to find herself back. I know you can do it. You might need us. But she need you, Kkamjong-ah.” Kyungsoo stood up and patted his shoulder. He walked out from the room. Little they didn’t know, Yuki heard it all. She sobbed under the shower.

Oppa, I’m sorry. I’m still afraid. I can’t move on yet. It’s hard. Too hard for me after this one whole year of suffering. They don’t care about me. They tried to kill me slowly. They tried to make me hate myself. They.. tried to make me kill myself.

“Are you okay in there, baby? You’ve been too long in the toilet.” She heard his brother. She wanted to answer but she can’t. She turned off the shower as the signal that she done bathed. She wrapped herself in towel and walked out from the toilet. “You want to wear your clothes or your clothes?” Jongin sat infront of the closet, folding some clothes. He looked backed at his cute sister grinning like a cute girl. “Haha, still the same huh?” Jongin . She shrugged. “Here.” He threw a shirt with cloud printed at the front of the shirt at Yuki. “I’ll wait outside. I love you.” He patted her head. Feel relieved that she still his baby. She locked the door and wore that shirt with her cropped baby blue pants. I love you too, oppa.