3

Bittersweet

They’re still doing their routines like usual. Leaving Yuki alone at home but they’ll back on lunch. Eating together like usual. They’re just acted like nothing’s happen until that one day Yuki slept early.

“She’s sleep?” Luhan asked. Jongin nodded as he put his on the sofa. “The day she’s on her bloody Monday never changed since her first, right?” Jongin half-smiled. The others just smiled too. She’s still our Yuki. “But why she seem like she doesn’t remember us?” Sehun pouted. Everyone except Jongin looked at him. “She has forgotten herself too.” Jongin said almost to himself.

They felt weird when she suddenly hid behind Jongin when she went into the house. Usually she acted like she’s one of them. I mean she acted like a boy. Yo’s there. Hey, what’s up here. But today she looked scared. She acted like they were strangers to them until Xiumin saved the moment by letting her take a bath first then had a lunch together. Unfortunately, Yuki afraid to have lunch with them and Jongin had to eat with her in the living room. They thought they had time to hang together with their favourite cute lil sister but she won’t come near them and let herself alone. Jongin had to take a leave since he worried about his sister weird behaviour while the others just went back to work after lunch.

 The night when they were in the movie room, Suho suddenly open his mouth to say something. “I asked my mom about her.. She wants to see Yuki. She afraid Yuki is having retrograde amnesia which she lose a few months of memory. But for a while, she needs us to do everything that makes Yuki remember her own self. Starting by introducing who we are to her.” They tried to burn a hole through the ceiling by their stares. “So when my baby can meet your mother?” Jongin asked. “I’ll already make an appointment. It’s on next Saturday at my house.” Suho replied. “I’m sorry for burdening you and your mother.” “It’s okay. Kim’s family already help us a lot. This is how I can thanked you.”

 

Kyungsoo woke up early to make breakfast. Hopefully she remembers my cooking. I’ll make her favourite breakfast. Then, the others woke up silently so they won’t wake Yuki up. When the others already went out from the room, there’s a guy stuck a strain of her hair behind her ears. He touched the scar just below her beautiful rosy lips. He smiled. You’re still like an angel. My snow angel.

 

Just Kyungsoo finished cooking, the others already at the diner after brushing their teeth and washed their face. Kyungsoo went to the toilet to fresh himself and woke Yuki since her so-cool brother was having an important business in the toilet. He strode through the hallway and went into the movie room. All I wish is the old you. I miss you. We miss you.

 

Yuki walked into the kitchen with Jongin. They just took a glance at her since they don’t want to make her afraid. I think she’s still with her habit. Not washing her face before having breakfast. Chanyeol smiled. They went on their introduction after Yuki introduced herself. Chanyeol introduced like a ert because he knew she will going RLAB like she used to but she gave a blank face. To the others too. Until Sehun asked her did she remember him but no sound with I-don’t-care face were answered his question. This is serious. No joke.

 

 

They just watched the tv but their minds were away thinking about Yuki. “Oh, Dyo-hyung. Can you cut Yuki’s hair before we go to classes tomorrow?” “Yes, yes, YES! Ohmaigerd, why I even forget to cut her hair?” Kyungsoo widen his big eyes. “You better cut her hair as soon as possible or.. Fuhhh, I thought you’re the most scary person in this house.” Sehun rolled his eyes. The others outburst with laughter. “I miss… that… moment..” Tao said between his laughs.

 

She sat on her bed and cutely rubbed her eyes. She still the same but it seems why I can’t fall in love you. Kyungsoo smiled. “Hey, snow.” Kyungsoo flashed his cute smile. Afraid she will throw something at him. Yuki startled but somehow she wanted to punch him. Calm down hormones. He’s a stranger who turned to be my brother’s bestfriend. Yuki just stared at him like asking what he want. Kyungsoo cleared his throat and felt nervous. Okay, just tell her that you want to cut her hair. Dammit. Why she makes me so damn freaking nervous? Those devil eyes of hers. “I—I want to cut your hair.” Kyungsoo tried look anywhere on her face but her piercing eyes. If stares could kill, I bet my brain scatters away in this room. Bloods were eve- “Okay.” Yuki’s voice took him back to reality. “Ah.. Yeah. L—Let’s cut your hair.” I’m stuttered. What the effing.

He took his scissors and comb. He actually worked at the salon so he know how to cut. They stood in front of the mirror. He cut her hair short because he knew she loved short hair. And he styled her hair same as her childhood hair. After he done cut, he saw Yuki’s knitted brow. Suddenly, Yuki let out a pain moan while clutching her head. “Y—Yuki, are you okay?” Kyungsoo panicked. He was about to call Jongin. “Don’t. I just.. Something.. I mean some vision flashed. I.. I don’t mean to be rude but can you get out?” Yuki breathlessly said. Kyungsoo walked out and took a worried glance at her before closed the bathroom’s door. What is that? Are you my friend too? Are you someone who I used to know? Yuki rubbed her temples after a memory of a lil girl playing with a lil big-eyed boy who a bit older than her suddenly flashed as she looked at her new hairstyle.

She went down for breakfast. She loved her new hairstyle though. How did he know my favourite hairstyle? Her stomach already growling for food. Damn hormones. Laughter, screaming, fights can be heard while she’s on her way to the kitchen. “GOOD MORNING!” the boys shouted. Damn why so loud. Argh, my hormones. She glared at them for being too loud. She can heard gulp sound after she broke the glare. Why they’re afraid of me? Shouldn’t I afraid of them? They ate abnormally fast and leave the maknae behind. “Y—Yah.. Don’t leave m—“ He stopped talking and continued eating faster as he met Yuki’s eyes. As he finished eating, he quickly paced up to the sink. Hyung, gege, why you left me behind… Why I’m always the left behind with her in the wrong time? He was about to cry until he felt her presence beside him. He flinched a little when he saw that girl just look fixedly at him. He awkwardly laughed. “Leave your plate her. I wash.” He trembled. “Are you okay? You look as if you encountered the scariest ghost in the universe.” She talked bluntly while taking the plates from his hands. “Uhhh… It’s my—“ He got shooed. “I’ll do it.” She pushed Sehun out of his position. The latter looked confused but he escaped from the suffocating feel in the kitchen. Why she has that aura that strangled me out of breath when she’s on her bloody Monday?

Luhan suddenly checked his beloved maknae as he reached at the living room. “Are you okay?” Luhan asked. “Yah! My sister is not that cruel.” Jongin showed his displeasure at Luhan’s mock.

“I think she’s done washing the dishes.” Chen said as he saw Yuki dried her hands with kitchen towel. “Yuki-ah, come here!” Jongin shouted. The others tensed as they sensed a figure getting closer like a ghost. Yuki shot her what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-all-of-this-bunch-of-idiots-today face at the guys. “Urmmm, I.. I think my phone is ringing.” Minseok disappeared like a lightning. “Ah.. yeah.. me too.” Chen followed him. “Hey, do you want bubble tea? My treat.” Luhan smiling too bright. Sehun cringed. “Yeahh, let’s go.” Luhan quickly snatched Sehun’s hand. “I.. forgot to.. wear underwear.” What?! Underwear?! Why underwear? Damn you stupid mouth. Chanyeol awkwardly laugh as he voiced that weird excuse. Baekhyun kicked his . “Sorry.” He awkwardly smiled. Yuki almost burst into laughter when heard their bickering. All of them disappeared leaving Jongin and her baby alone the living room. “Sorry for their weird self. They’re just bunch of idiots. They’re--” “YAH! WE HEARD WHAT YOU SAID!” The boys threatened from all places in the house. “Okay, that’s creepy.” Jongin felt hair-rising. Yuki felt it too. “Why did you call me?” Yuki still with her blanked expression. Yes, she actually has a blank face but not this type of blank, you know what I mean. Even with that blanked face, Jongin pleased that she actually can talk even not much as she used to. “Do.. you still want to study?” Jongin looked into her eyes as he asked. Yuki gapped at Jongin’s question. I want to study but.. Jongin read her expression. Her eyes lit up for a second. Then, she frowned. “I know you. You’ll be home-schooled, of course. We can tutor you.” Jongin beamed at her. Jongin acknowledged her more than he acknowledged himself. He loved his sister. DAMN MUCH because she make his life complete. Make him feel loved. He can’t stop loving his sister. Just something about her that he can’t resist. The boys can’t resist it too. But he don’t understand why they hurt his sister like this. He won’t hold grudge at them but he hoped someone will exposed their secrets. He thought he heard a voice until he felt someone touched his cheek. “Oppa?” Yuki looked puzzle. “Ah.. yeah. I’m sorry. I’m distracted for a while. Do you want it?” Jongin looked at her. “Yes, of course.” She smiled. Jongin satisfied that she smiled at him. Oh I miss that smile. I’m longing for it. I can see Appa in you. “You want to go for shopping?” Jongin raised up his brow. “Sneakers?” Yuki imitated what he did. Then, both of them burst into laugh. Both of them shocked that she’s actually laugh. “I miss your laughs.” Jongin took her in his embrace. I miss OUR laugh. She hugged him back. He broke the hug and took her hands. “Let’s go shopping.”

Once those siblings were out from the house, the guys revealed themselves from their hiding spot. “Aish, that brat just left us behind.” Baekhyun grumpily said. “But did you detect something familiar?” Baekhyun bewildered with that longing musical which his ears detected. They flabbergasted as they heard her laugh. Maybe her laughs not loud as usual but still. They still have chance to get their cute lil sister back.

 

 

The siblings bought some books and stationery for Yuki. Two pairs of sneakers. Some t-shirts. Undergarments too. She’s growing, okay. She might have a boy’s taste but that how she is. She’s she. Jongin sometimes blabbered at her all day because of her appearance but she’s a stubborn girl for God’s sake. She still love what she love. They bought bubble tea for them. Strolled in the park. Watched the sunset. She missed this moment she used to do but she felt something’s missing. Maybe appa and mama not here. She felt the hold on her right hand tightened. “I miss them too.” Jongin ruffled her hair. She held her tears and rest her hands on his shoulder. We miss you, appa, mama.

 

“We’re home!” Jongin hailed as he walked in with Yuki. Jongin felt some daggers look on him. “W—What?!” Jongin made that innocent face. Baekhyun scowled. He’s not even remember his promise to me?! YOU SHOULD BRING ME ALONG IF YOU’RE GO FOR SHOPPING. I curse you. Jongin yanked that kill-Kim-Jongin-so-painful-so-slowly aura by hurrying hide himself into his bedroom. Don’t worry, Yuki still in the house. She vanished to the nearest bathroom as she hold her //cough// quite long. She confronted Tao as both of them were desperately searching for bathroom.

“You can use the bathroom. I just go to my bathroom.”

Suddenly, the lights were off.

“Yah..” A whimper can be heard.

The guys giggled.

“YAH!” Furious banging doors can be heard.

The guys laughed.

“Yah! What are you doing?!”