Things that'll stay left unsaid

Why do we argue?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"before you eat breakfast, we.need.to.talk." Then chanyeol's straight foward mannered father walks off expecting his son to follow.

he opens the door of the 'man cave' and expresses chanyeol to sit down on the couch. Sitting across from him on on his desk.

"um, dad... I"

"don't say anything. Please just relax, that's all you need lately. I'm sure you're really worked up you've for your graduation, college applications, exams, naeun.... and so much to deal with. Right now you don't have to worry yourself at all." The mellow father explains to his son who can finally can exhale his breaths.

"naeun? She's quite a girl isn't she?" He contemplates towards his son.  Leaving his son with a dissatisfied expression and even more diassatified response...

"yeah, I guess... Why?" 

His father presumes a soft smirk and looks out the window with a gaze at the sunrise. Still staying on topic.

"I'm just asking can she get worrisome, or a little irksome at times?" 

"Irksome?" The son responds misunderstanding.

"annoying rather... Is she?" The father looks back at his son waiting ahead for a response.

"No dad she's alright... I just don't really wanna talk about her..." Chanyeol Burries his face in his worn out hands. 

"What would you like to talk about son?" 

"Well you told me to to talk to you... I should be asking you that question." The teenage boy voice rises in a agitated manner.

"what is that tone you hold against me young man?" The fathers voice and expression immediately goes from mellow, to stern and guarded. 

"I'm sorry... I just thought you would be chewing me up about the outburst I had last night, and how disrespectful I was to mom..." 

The father quickly stands walking too his emotionally vunerable son sitting next to him. Wrapping a nurturing arm around the boys shoulder bringing him into a hug.

"oh my son, you have no idea how proud I am of you, that you can admit your wrong doing. Though you do need to apologize to your mother. That is not the what I wanted to converse with you about." 

"It's not?" 

"No. Chanyeol lets talk about kyungsoo." 

Chanyeol immediately pulls from the hug and scoots over from the dad ready to stand up.

"who?" Chanyeol clinches onto the couch arm with his nerves ready to unravel again.

"kyungsoo, this young man naeun, and joonmyun tells me about. Is he a classmate? Do you two have the same major? what's the amazing connection?" His father leans his elbow on the arm of the couch resting his chen on his palm. Seeming amused by the topic.

"well dad he's a year younger than me, and we don't have a amazing connection. What exactly did naeun, and suho tell you?" 

"Well naeun speaks of him as 'that weird boy', and joonmyun calls him a 'ing road block' . So pretty much it's negative accusations and opinions. But you know your father all to well, I don't believe anything I hear and half of what I see. I just want to know who is this boy to you, and why were you so worried about him?"  

"I don't want to talk about it...please?" The son pleads to his father.

"ok,ok I'll leave you alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter