Chapter 9 - Messed Up

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

K POV

            I still cannot get Eunhyuk’s kiss out of my head. I knew he meant to diffuse her suspicions, but that was a bit drastic. Now, I’m sure we would never get rid of her. You stupid Anchovy, I cursed at him. How in the world are we supposed to fix this mess now?

            We had another day of programming to do, but Donghae and Siwon weren’t there. Their absence could be felt widely. But I knew I had to march on, I knew I had to be strong for my hyungs. Okay, enough of Kyu being cheesy. When we got to the studio, LeiLei and the rest of the staff were there. I glared suspiciously at LeiLei when I saw her little black dress and super styled hair.

            “Hot date?” I whispered maliciously.

            She smirked at me. “No, but I’ll get it soon. After that kiss with Eunhyuk-oppa, how could I expect anything less? We’re going out later after this show.”

            The nerve of that girl. I waltzed up to Eunhyuk and poked him. “Ya, is it true that you’re going out with LeiLei later?”

            “Bwoh?” Sungmin had heard and he turned to stare accusingly at Eunhyuk. “What are you talking about Kyu? Hyuk Jae would never ever do that to Donghae right?” he glared ferociously at the Dance Machine. We both waited for his response.

            He looked down and bit his lips. Ho boy, you’re going to get your pants pulled down if you do this to me again. I’m so tired of trying to fix Eunhae. “I had to! She was drunk, and even the kiss couldn’t placate her. She still was mumbling incoherently, “Eunhae, you’re gay, you like Donghae.” What could I have done? I had to promise her something! Don’t tell Donghae, please.” He dropped on his knees and looked about to cry.

            I shook my head. “What are you planning on doing on this date? Scaring the hell out of her? Because it doesn’t matter. Once you take her out once, she’ll be demanding more times. Then you will be truly screwed. So, I can’t help you here.”

            His mouth fell open as if the thought had never entered his head. “Oh my gosh, what will I do?”

            I smirked and leaned in, “You will make this the single worst date of her life.”

E POV

            I AM AN IDIOT. I cannot believe I never thought of the consequences of asking LeiLei out. As they say, one step leads to another. When Kyuhyun brought it up, I wanted to smack myself. How could I not have known? When Kyuhyun told me his advice, I nodded, already plotting away.

            We went through the recordings, and I laughed with the MC. He was a funny guy, Calvin, from Fahrenheit. I understood why Donghae loved doing activities with SJM. Not only were the members closer knit but the shows we got to go on, the things we did were a bit different from the Korean talk shows. The only shadow was the very dressed up LeiLei who constantly stayed hovering near me. Even Calvin cared to comment.

            “Wow, the translator ladies are usually very beautiful, but this one seems to be extra special. Come over here, Miss. Translator. We want to have the fans thank you. Wow, you’re dressed so well!”

            I grit my teeth and tried not to look displeased when she came out all shy and bowed. “Thank you everyone!”

            When we were done filming, she waited until we were out of the building before sidling up to me. “Oppa, are we going out now?” I saw Kyuhyun shoot me a hard look and Sungmin sighing sympathetically.

            “Uh, I guess. I want to go home and change first though.” Her face fell but I ignored it and clambered into the van. “I’ll come downstairs to pick you up. You just rest and look pretty.”

            She nodded and I ducked my head out of sight. There was no way I would be able to get out of this one. My only hope was to follow Kyuhyun’s advice. I have to make her as miserable as I could. When it was time to go, I trudged down the stairs.

            Even before I could knock on the door to her room, it flew open, revealing her in an even tighter dress. Oh my gosh. What was wrong with her? I hope she realized I was not at all nor enticed. Or, I would rather hope she never knew I felt this way.

            I forced a smile and offered out my arm. “Let’s go. We’ll be going out for dinner. I hope you didn’t eat yet.” Even I could hear the insincerity in my voice.

            She batted her eyes and smiled sweetly. “Of course not, oppa. I’ve been looking forward to our date. You know, ever since you debuted, you’ve always been my favorite member. Keke, I remember back when you had that crazy wild blonde hair. It was so adorable. I was so jealous of Sica when she was able to train with you. I love that I am able to work with you.” She simpered and ran her hand down my arm.

            I smiled stiffly and walked a bit faster. “Come on. We don’t want to be out too late. I think we should go to that really famous food stand, restaurant thingy. I heard from Donghae and the others that this was one of the better places to eat. I really want to try some of that famous Taiwanese delicacy.”

            LeiLei smiled. “I’ll be glad to help you order. Ow!” she tripped on her kitten heels and clutched my arm. She bit her lips and winced. “Ouchies.”

            I steadied her. “Are you okay? Will your ankle be swollen? Do you want to go home?”

            She shook her head. “Ani, you were so looking forward to eating.”

            “No! It’s okay! I can always eat with the other members. That way I won’t feel bad I ate and Sungmin never did. I say we go home.”

            Her grip on my arm tightened. “No, I rather go with you. Besides, oppa, I’m really looking forward to spending time with you.” Well, that’s fabulous. I, on the other hand, have no desire to spend any second with you. She attempted to walk before falling a bit. “Oppa, can you carry me?”

            I stared at her, scandalized. “B-but. I mean, you’re hurt. We should just go back. If I carry you and a fan notices, do you know the type of rumors that can spread?”

            She pouted and managed to have some tears magically appear in her eyes. “It hurts too much to walk but I want to eat too. Pretty pretty please?” she pouted up at me. Nope, your aegyo doesn’t work. But I knew she was not about to give up.

            I sighed. “Arrasso. I’ll carry you, but when we near the restaurant, you’ll have to walk. I don’t want to take risks.”  She beamed. I leaned down and picked her up in my arms. Her two thin arms went around my neck and I shivered slightly at the touch. Then, using my iPhone as a GPS, I tried to navigate the tiny alleys of Taipei.

            When we got there, I placed her down and she hobbled in. The waitress seated us in a more secluded booth in the back and gave us our menus. I ordered everything LeiLei and Ryeowook had recommended. We sat there in an awkward silence. I was itching to check my phone for a text from Hae, but restrained myself. I had to make sure she picked up no indication.

            “So, why did you decide to become a translator?”  I asked, desperate for any means of communication.

            “It’s because I saw how hard Jessica had to work, so I decided entertainment was not my style. But I wanted to be a part of the industry so I decided to go to China with Hyoyeon and Siwon. I learned a lot, language was always one of my better strengths. And voila! Now I get to work with my favorite idols.”

            I nodded and was grateful when the food came. I bit in gingerly into a steaming bun and felt like paradise appeared in my mouth. “Thish ish ood!” I mumbled incoherently. LeiLei giggled and wiped at the sauce on the corner of my mouth. I tried not to appear bothered but continued to eat. Mmm, Taiwan, marry me!

            When we finished, LeiLei ordered shaved ice. “We have this in Korea too!” she nodded and held out a spoonful for me. I suppose spending time with her wasn’t so bad. It was just upsetting that she thought we were on a date. When we were finished, I stood up to go pay the bill.

            “I’ll be right back. Time to pay!”

Third Person

            LeiLei watched until he had walked towards the front of the restaurant and waited. There was a tiny beep and Eunhyuk’s cell phone lit up. The screen glowed brightly, indicating that there was a new text message. Not able to quell her curiosity, she picked up the phone and clicked open the message.

            Hyukkie ^-^

Still filming, but I miss you so so much. Can’t wait to be home and hold you in my arms again :P Kekeke, sarangHAE~ ♥

            She felt all the wind knocked out of her and tried to control her breathing. Carefully marking the message as unread, she placed the phone gently back in time. Eunhyuk was walking back, looking quite cheerful.

            Suddenly the images from last night appeared in her mind. There was a flash of red, of contorted rage, and she curled her lip. So, you thought you could fool me, Hyuk Jae. Just you wait. I will make you pay for deceiving me. When you realize how tragically wrong it is to be with Donghae, you will regret ever being in a relationship with him. Just you wait.

            “Ready to go?” his question interrupted her thoughts.

            She smiled sweetly. “Neh, oppa. Thank you.” When he turned to open the door for her, she snickered and glared at the back of his head. Oh just you wait. 

 

WHOA, I cannot believe it's been a year since I came here... I remember starting Monkey Love Fishy in late February and just praying for support. I hope you have all noticed that my writing has changed, hopefully for the better too. 

To all my old readers, thank you for continuing to support me. To my new ones, welcome and I hope you enjoy!

This might be too early, BUT I already have plots in my head for a Monkey Love Fishy III. Now I'm getting too far ahead of myself. Who knows, maybe by the time this story is done, you will be so sick and tired of me and this series that you would say NO MORE. But just saying, if popular demand wants it, then I have a storyline all set to go already ♥

For now, enjoy the ride ~ Monkey Emoticons

Happy Lunar New Year~ Monkey Emoticons