Chapter 21 - Sleepless Nights

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

D POV

            After hearing LeiLei’s warning, I went into a frenzy. I could no longer protect Eunhyuk. I couldn’t tell anyone but Kyuhyun but even then I was afraid he couldn’t help me. I tried to think of a plan, a way to bribe LeiLei, a way to make her just go away.

            It was too late to promise her that I would break up with him. She would never believe me and I didn’t think I had the heart to do it twice. Seeing him break down that first time was enough for me. I was done. I bit my lip, trying to think about what I can do.

            Thank goodness, I would be going back to Korea the next day. My part of the filming finished earlier than expected and I can go back to help with damage control. The only problem was how to face everyone else. I could simply deny everything but LeiLei had visual proof.

            The very thought kept me up tossing and turning at night. I had packed late into the night, trying to make myself exhausted enough that I can sleep well. But it didn’t matter. The thoughts kept turning in my head and I was constantly worrying. I had to unpack and repack a million times simply because my head just wasn’t into it. When I finally fell asleep, I was gripped in the throes of a violent nightmare.

            LeiLei was standing there, laughing triumphantly. It was a Super Show and the large screen behind us was flashing the video and the photos that she had taken of us. My palms sweated and in front of me, a sea of faces was contorted in horror. I tried to shield Eunhyuk but LeiLei had him chained up and hovering in the air, on display.

            He was staring at me with hatred and disgust in his eyes. He was angry, mouthing to me that it was “All my fault” and that if I hadn’t been so careless, then maybe we would never have been caught. And he was right.

            Suddenly, I found myself drowning in a pool of tears. I knew it was his tears that he had collected throughout the course of our relationship and here was the result of all the hurt that had accumulated. The water was salty and I couldn’t breathe.

            The salt and the water was taking over my lungs and through it all I could hear LeiLei’s evil cackles. I tried to rip myself out from the dream, remembering the last nightmare I had with Jessica. Dreams were bad for me.

            I managed to jerk myself awake but the damage was done. I have to go back to Korea and make things right. I could not afford to have both our careers damaged, to drag down the band with us. I have to get to LeiLei.

            I fired off a text to her, telling her that I understood and pleading, begging her to hold off until I got back. It may be futile and I was throwing away all dignity by asking but I had to try any measure possible to make sure that I kept him safe.

            I sat up on the bed and tried to forget about the dream but I couldn’t seem to fall asleep.

E POV

            It was a good day. Donghae was coming back. Even though we’ve only been away from each other for two days, I’ve missed him. Ryeowook proposed that we throw him a little welcome back to Korea party and we all agreed.

            I had fun setting up the room and making sure that the food was all in place for him. Everything I did for him was worth it. The only downpour was that Ryeowook was kind enough to invite LeiLei as well. It would be futile to point out to him how much Donghae disliked her.

            “Kyuhyun-shi, do you think he’s going to be back on the early or later flight?”

            The maknae looked up from the balloon he was blowing and looked like an angry chipmunk, disturbed during its field of work. “I dunno,” he spoke in a helium voice. “He never mentioned.”

            Ryeowook despaired. “Then how would I know when to start cooking?” We finally settled on going with sushi and cold dishes and eventually leaving the pasta for last.

            I had a schedule, which thankfully, kept my mind off thinking about his arrival. I put in my whole during Strong Heart and did my comeback performance well. Everything I did, I put in extra energy due to the fact that I know soon Donghae would be home. He should have gotten on his flight early in the morning.

            The staff had called to say that they had taken him successfully to the airport and that his plane had taken off. I was thrilled. In less than five hours, I would be able to see my Fishy again. During the filming of the variety show, I was always jumpy and super happy. People noticed but I brushed it off, claiming that I was happy to be back.

            When I got home, we still had one more hour. Sungmin checked the airport logs to see when the plane would be coming in. I went upstairs and went back to work on Donghae’s birthday present. Although his birthday was still five months away, it was a lot of effort and I had to start early.

            From downstairs, I heard a cry and then furious muttering. I ran down to see what was the matter.

D POV

            Although I didn’t sleep as much as I liked, I fell asleep close to the time when I had to depart for the airport. It took a lot of banging on the bedroom door for me to wake up and realize that I had to hurry.

            I was still in a drowsy state and fumbled around for my bags, gathering my stuff and the staff helped me load the van. I was grateful for their help because without it, I would surely have just fumbled through.

            I got to the airport with minutes to spare and ran down to the terminal. I didn’t have my ticket out and had to work from memory. I ran down the terminal and handed over my passport to the rushing attendents. They barely looked at my information before letting me on.

            My seat was unoccupied and I dropped down on it, still exhausted. But one thought saved me. I was going back to Korea. I was going back to Hyuk. Memories of LeiLei’s threat soured the happiness, however. I was going back to damage control. 

 

I'm SO sorry I really took so long but I've eben so busy with baponeshots and college applications are coming up.

Enjoy dearies