Chapter 15 - No Promises

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

LeiLei

            I stayed up in my room, trying to figure out the best way and the best time to execute my plan. I knew I had to strike fast because otherwise, I would be in trouble. I couldn’t afford to have Kyuhyun or Yoona catch me and I couldn’t do it in front of Eunhyuk. Whether he broke my heart or not, he was still my bias, someone whom I’ve wanted from a long time.

            I took out my USB and plugged it into my emergency netbook. Thank goodness Yoona didn’t find everything. An e-mail pinged in as I heard the front doors open. I smirked. I knew his schedule already. He would go upstairs and take a shower before collapsing to bed. It was late, already close to midnight. I wondered if I should wait until morning. Maybe I should. Let him get his rest for now. After all, I wouldn’t want to be responsible for the death of an idol via heart attack.

            I closed the doors and checked the e-mail. It was from Junichi.

Lei,

            I’m going to go ahead and assume you didn’t get my previous message. I’ve thought about your proposition over and over. I decided, for a paparazzi, I’m too much of a coward. I cannot ruin the lives of two innocent men. We’re in a modern culture here in Japan. We do not allow for such discriminations. Besides, wouldn’t people just chalk it up as skinship? I know you are willing to spend a lot of money to make sure I get my share for spreading this news. I know the business. But I cannot. With a heavy heart, I can only give you the e-mail of one of my associates who may not be as morally aligned as I am. [email protected]. I’m not guaranteeing that any of us would do anything. Best of health.

Junichi

I smirked. Of course he would chicken out. I quickly uploaded the pictures and sent them to his associate. No matter. If it didn’t spread through Japan, then I would have no choice but to ruin them straight from the Korean media. I didn’t want to do it, but it must be done.

I sent a text to Jessica, telling her that she would be avenged. She replied, telling me not to do it. But I shrugged it off. She would thank me later. I knew how hurt she was, and decided that those two have done enough damage to the Jungs. It was about time we took a stand against Lee Donghae and his treachery.

            I waited until the photos and videos booted up before replaying the scene over and over until it lulled me to sleep.

            I knew that in the morning, Siwon would be already gone and out the door. Donghae normally followed later. I took my laptop and walked up the stairs. There was a silence and I took the liberty to walk in. A laptop on the table caught my attention and I went over to it. It belonged to Eunhyuk.

I tried to listen for noise but only heard running water from the bathroom. I quickly booted the laptop and saw that it was still on. A word document glowed brightly across the screen, I heard that the water sounds begin to cease and perused the document. What I read shocked me. It had an account of Eunhae, from their very beginning. Feeling bile rise to my throat, I knew I was doing the right thing.

  I could hear footsteps in the kitchen and a tiny cough that resembled Donghae’s voice. There seemed to be otherwise silence and I smirked. It was show time.  Life couldn’t be better.  The situation could not have been more perfect.

            I walked in and saw him downing a glass of orange juice and wiping his mouth. “Lee Donghae.”

            He jumped and scowled slightly when he saw me. But as an idol, he knew how to quickly mask his displeasure and he bowed with immaculate politeness. “LeiLei, good morning.”

            I set the laptop down harshly on the dining table and crossed my arms. “Let’s cut to the chase shall we? Now, you and I both know that you and Eunhyuk are in a relationship.” He seemed about to deny it, but I held up a hand. “I have evidence. There’s really nothing for you to disprove. Everything you would say from here on would be a lie.”

            He visibly paled before settling on a glare. He leaned against the counter and crossed his arms. A perfect eyebrow was raised slightly. “What’s your point?”

            “My point is, I have evidence. And I plan on disclosing it to the public. It’s about time you get what you deserve. You’ve been nothing but a nuisance to the Jung family. You hurt Jessica beyond repair and it’s because of you that Eunhyuk will never like me.”

            He sneered. “He wouldn’t like you regardless.”

            I held up a finger. “I wouldn’t be too cocky if I were you. Just so you know, I have a video of the two of you. There would be no dispute.”

            Donghae shook slightly and I hit play on the video. I observed his face and saw his fists clench the countertops as he saw clearly his own face and the back of Eunhyuk’s head. When those precious seconds ended, he had his eyes closed. There was a moment’s silence.

            “What do you want me to do?”

            I smirked widely. “You can always break up with him and convince him to like me.”

D POV

            I stared at the dark computer screen and felt all the nightmares and fears Eunhyuk had wash over me. This was what he had meant by being found out. This worry, this threat. I bit my lips and asked her, “What do you want me to do?”

            “You can always break up with him and convince him to like me.” That was her simple answer.

             I scoffed. “Do you think it’s really that simple to make him like you? If life were that easy, wouldn’t all unrequited loves eventually be returned? Even if I broke up with him, would he ever like you?”

            The thought probably has never struck her because she paused. Then she shrugged. “At this point, I’d rather if you just hurt.”

            A small smile involuntarily popped on my face. So she wanted to make me feel bad. She wanted revenge on me. Egotistical and self-confident as this sounded, did she underestimate our feelings for one another so much as to assume that he wouldn’t be affected as well? But that wasn’t the point. The point was, she had the evidence, and I was putty in her hands. She had all the power over me.

            I nodded. “I’ll push him away. Just, please don’t send those pictures. If it’s not my career, it’s for him. I can’t have him ruined. He worked too hard, training and auditioning twice for this. Please, LeiLei.”

            She took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes, as if not believing things could be so easy. I widened my arms. “There’s nothing more I can do.”

            She leaned over and peered into my eyes. “Promise me. Promise me that you will leave him alone and push away all of his advances. Promise me that you will no longer try to interfere and you will try your best to make him see you only as a friend.”

            “I’ll try my best. There’s never any promises when it comes to this. But I’ll let him know we’re over.”

            She seemed to be satisfied by this and deleted the video in front of my eyes. “There. You can breathe a little easier.” As she was leaving, she tossed over her shoulder a voodoo doll of me, “I still hate you, Lee Donghae.”

            It was only after she firmly closed the door and I was left with the emptiness of the room that I reflected and realized what I had done. I had thrown away my chance with my true love. Hot tears came to my eyes and I nearly choked on the emotion.

            Eunhyuk-ah, this time you were right. Being found out would be devastating. I hope you can forgive me. I slipped on my sunglasses and walked to the van. Please forgive me. 

 

Well, this is it. The true drama starts here. After all Kyuhyun and Yoona went through to get them together, it's so easy for them to be broken apart. All the hate towards LeiLei is one hundred percent justified now isn't it? 

I'm sorry I can't update so often. I really feel horrible. By this time, the first story was already done. I finished that in less than five months. This one will take a while simply because I'm terribly busy.

I want to thank the people who are still here and reading. ♥ Thank you. It means the world to me.

Monkey Emoticons