Chapter 10- Failed Step

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

D POV

            When I came back from filming, I saw the Eunhyuk was already asleep. With a small smile on his lips, he snored gently into the pillow. When I passed through the living room to put away my bags, I saw Kyuhyun step out sleepily from his room.

            “Hyung? I have to talk to you about something. I don’t think you’re going to like it.”

            I pulled him onto the couch. “Tell me. I want to know.”

            “It’s Eunhyuk. He’s acting like an idiot as per usual. Apparently after last night, he promised LeiLei he would take her out on some sort of warped date. They just came back. Eunhyuk insisted nothing happened, but I saw her face. She looked murderous, and strangely triumphant. I don’t know what happened, but something definitely did. And I don’t like it.”

            I sat down on the couch and stared broodingly at the door to our room. So he wasn’t so innocent after all. I wondered why he would do that and clutched at the throw pillows. “He doesn’t like her does he? She doesn’t know anything does she?”

            Kyuhyun shrugged. “I would just keep an eye on her, that’s all. Don’t worry; I’ll watch her while you film your drama.” I nodded. Walking back into the room, I smoothed the hair off of his face and sighed.

            Why can’t we just be together? Why must we always have to jump over all these obstacles? I carefully slid in next to him and wrapped an arm around his waist, breathing in the warm scent of Eunhyuk.

K POV

            The next morning, we didn’t have a set schedule so I decided to check in on LeiLei. She was acting highly suspicious. Early in the morning, she had come upstairs and asked for Eunhyuk to take her out to the local fair. He hemmed and hawed, wanting to decline but eventually gave in. I decided to take the time to follow them and find out what exactly her motives were.

            They walked out of the house, reluctantly hand in hand. LeiLei wrapped her arms tightly around his in a vice like grip. I snapped a picture and texted it to Yoona. She had to be up to date with what was going on. I watched as they turned the corner and hopped into a taxi. Somehow this was turning out to be suspiciously familiar. I flagged a yellow taxi myself and asked the driver to kindly follow them. He gave me a weird look, but I begged in Chinese.

            They were driving at a moderately slow pace, thank goodness. Anymore of these wild car chases for Eunhae and I will be long dead. When they pulled up at the amusement park, I waited five minutes with the driver shooting me uneasy looks before paying and getting out. Slipping on my hoodie and shades, I proceeded to follow them.

            LeiLei dragged Eunhyuk with her to the concession stand and he bought her a fluffy pink cotton candy stick. Euw, why would you do that to your teeth? I watched as she simpered girlishly at him and nearly gagged when he smiled back. You’re too nice, hyung. You need to learn to curb that Casanova personality of yours and learn to reject some girls.

            They went on the line for one of the longest rides in the place and I smiled. Perfect. Long lines would mean a long conversation. Eunhyuk took out his phone and started to furiously type while LeiLei looked around. After a few minutes, she poked him. I slid in a few feet away from them and tried to listen.

            “Oppa, how many girlfriends have you had?” she inquired.

            He looked startled at the question and shrugged. “I don’t know a bunch.”

            “Oh, did you love any of them ever?” She was starting to get too nosy. I saw Eunhyuk grit his teeth and he shrugged again.

            “I don’t have a clue. I don’t think so. I don’t really think I love them. I mean, we’re done now. And being an idol makes it difficult for me to date.”

            LeiLei pouted. “But oppa, how would I know that we would last?”

            I nearly gagged. Was she effing kidding me? This girl is waiting for a chance at Eunhyuk and she will never get the hint to stop. “LeiLei, can we not think too far? Just enjoy today and don’t worry too much.” He turned away to scan the line. LeiLei pressed her lips together and glared at him.

            “Oppa, how do you feel about your members?” I took a deep breath. I had a feeling where she was getting at. What if she suspected Eunhae?

            “What do you mean? I love my members. They’re fantastic and we’re a big family. I love performing with them and living with them. These people are my brothers. I figured you already knew that,” he answered with a slight hint of irritability.

            “Is there anyone you would say would be your best friend? Someone you may have more special feelings for?” she continued to press him.

            “What the heck is this? Twenty questions? I feel like I’m stuck in some interview that I never wanted to do. My best friend is Donghae. As for those special feelings you’re talking about, I don’t know. I think you’re over implying. We’re purely friends in this group.”

            LeiLei nodded and the line continued forward. I decided to let them go on the ride and wait until they came down. I stood there waiting and waiting. Ten minutes passed and the riders got out. A new ride started once more. There were no more signs of Eunhyuk or LeiLei. Panicking, I left my post and started to roam the entire amusement park.

LeiLei

            I glanced over my shoulder and saw a mysterious figure following us. After several covert glances back, I figured that the person must be Kyuhyun. Hmm, so the little maknae is suspicious of me. I tried hard not to smile. Jessica had told me before of his meddling and how it had ruined her chances with Donghae. There was no way I would allow it to happen to me.

            The moment we got off the ride, I yanked Eunhyuk away in the opposite direction. He followed, slightly bewildered but I walked with a purpose. I led us to the water slides and offered to hold his phone for him while he went on and cooled off. At first he was suspicious and reluctant to, but I managed to convince him. It wasn’t hard.

            As he waited on the line, I punched in the passcode I had seen him put in earlier and smiled as his phone lit open. An open document faced me and I started to read. There were snatches of “I love yous” and mentions of the names Donghae and Jessica. I saved the file before going into his inbox.

            There were numerous text messages and I was amused to discover that they were all from the same person. Donghae. I read some and found pretty incriminating evidence. Hurriedly, I took out my own phone and tried to forward the messages to my number before realizing that they could be traced. Instead I used my phone’s camera to take pictures of the more “romantic” messages.

            I smirked to myself. If Eunhyuk was going to play me along and try to fool me, I would show him. Jessica allowed Eunhae to break up her chance of happiness, I would not allow them to break up mine. I have liked Eunhyuk-oppa since I joined SM first as a trainee before turning into a translator.

            I also wanted to exact revenge for my unni. She may not exactly want it, but I would not let things rest. She may have found it in her heart to forgive, but I will not. But if I am not able to have Eunhyuk, I will make sure Donghae doesn’t as well.

            After I finished with the pictures, I decided to reopen the document and try and decipher what exactly he was trying to write. As I opened the document, I heard a slight rustle behind me but ignored it.

            “Isn’t someone’s phone private property?” a very familiar and very annoying bass voice sounded from behind me. Crap, I’ve been caught. I nearly dropped the phone in my panic but I slid it into my bag.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was just scrolling through oppa’s pictures. So maybe I was a bit curious. So sue me.”

            Kyuhyun smirked. “Gladly. And haven’t you ever heard that curiosity killed the cat? I don’t think Eunhyuk-shi would be very pleased if I told him what I just saw.”

            I felt my heartbeat pounding in my throat but I managed to stutter, “It doesn’t matter. He gave his phone for me to hold. It doesn’t matter. If there’s nothing to protect, you wouldn’t be so defensive. So tell me, maknae, what top secret bomb are you and your hyungs keeping hushed from the world?”

            I felt a satisfaction to see his face pale. “Watch yourself.” He warned before turning to walk away in the opposite direction.

K POV

            I wanted to punch a wall. Why did I allow myself to be placed in that situation? Ugh, GameKyu are you slipping? I saw her with her phone out as well. I knew what my next step would be. I would have to somehow confiscate and search it.