Chapter 3 Bullet To the Head

You Only Get One Shot

The first two weeks had flown by. The students were starting to get bored and that only meant one thing. As I walked inside one of the girls from my Trig class was walking around talking to people. I went to my locker and got my stuff. I turned to see a short blonde girl smiling at me. She looked like one of the cheerleaders I had seen at a football game I think her name was Amy or maybe Amanda. "Hi your Min right?" "Yes." "I'm throwing a party friday and I'd love for you to come." "Okay." "Great! and make sure you bring your cute friends with you." She clicked her heels and walked away.  I heard the warning bell so i hurried to homeroom. When I got there Yongguk was already in his seat behind me. I greeted him as I took my seat. He smiled and bowed his head. I looked away feeling a pang of guilt. This boy I had come to know these past couple weeks would soon be dead.

 

Last week Yongguk, Daehyun and myself had been working hard to finish our assignment. "Should I sing this verse low or high?" "I told you Daehyun you decide." "You wrote the music!" "You're the one singing it." " I know this but-" The boys had been fighting about this for the past ten minutes. I grabbed the paper out of Yongguk's hand. "How about you sing it like this ?" I opened my mouth and began to sing. When I finished the boys just stared at me. " Why don't you just sing the song Min?" "I don't think so." "Why not you're amazing?!" "Just no Daehyun, you will sing the song end of discussion." The bell rang and I rushed out of the classroom. I went outside and sat on the steps. For the first time in three years I felt tears on my face. My mother would play the piano and I would sing. Then we would just laugh and laugh. I could hardly remember her laugh anymore. Or my fathers hug and the way he would say " look at my two special girls." As more tears fell I heard the door open behind me. I didn't even bother to wipe my face. Yongguk sat down beside me. I felt my chest tighten this is the last person I needed to see right now. He tried to touch my shoulder but I immediately flinched away. "Don't touch me." " Sorry" he mumbled taking his hand away. I stood up and headed back inside.

 

Later I apologized to stay on good terms with him. No matter how emotional I got I could not jeopardize the mission. When it was time for first period I turned to him " Yongguk, will you come to the party with me Friday ?" His eyes widened, he smiled but then lowered his head.   "I'm sorry Min, Hana has already asked me." Of course Hana would already know about the party. "It's fine I'll find someone else." With that I walked ahead to science. Himchan was there when I arrived. His lips were pursed as he seemed to ponder something. "Min why does your cousin like Yongguk?" I rolled my eyes and replied "Hana and I aren't close to say the least."  Himchan laughed and said " well want to accompany me to the party?" "Sure."

 

 

In music Daehyun was out sick. I made a note to myself to text him later. Yongguk sat down next to me looking upset. "Something wrong?" He didn't respond. "Did I do something to you ?" Again no reply. "Bang Yongguk if you don't answer me I swear I'll beat the out of you" I hissed through my teeth. He turned to meet my eyes and said "everything is fine." I screamed in my head I was sick of this boy. After class he left quickly without a word.

 

At lunch I received a text from my uncle. I went outside and dialed his number. The hallway was empty so I leaned against the lockers. "Hello Min." "Uncle." "Hana tells me the mission isn't going well?"   I knew my uncle, he wanted to know if he needed to deal with Hana. "Everything is fine, my plan is in progress." He seemed to think this over. The only sound that could be heard on the other line was his steady breathing.  "Tonight I need you to complete the task." That meant he wanted me to kill him that night. "I'll bring dessert." Meaning I'd get the job done. With that being said the phone clicked.

 

 

I opened my locker to get ready for English. Mae came over and said "where have you been?" "Had to speak with my uncle." She nodded understandingly. "So guess what?" "Jongup is your boyfriend and you're really happy you think he might. Be the one." Mae stuck her tongue out at me and I chucked. "Don't be such a know it all." "Your mom doing okay?" Mae's mom had been in and out of the hospital for the past year. Recently she had a and couldn't move the left side of her body. Mae's father was always at work or the bar so it was just her and her older brother. "She's not getting any better, the doctors are doing all they can but it MIT not be enough." I gave her a hug trying to comfort her. "At least you have your brother." "Yea." We walked silently towards English.

 

 

When I got home I grabbed my guns from under my bed. I changed my clothes. http://www.polyvore.com/betrayal_fanfic_set/set?id=91679391  I tied my hair up and headed out.  When I arrived my uncle was at the door to greet me. Hana was standing right behind him smiling. "Hello Min." I ignored her then turned my attention to my uncle "Where am I going?"

 

 

I was walking down the damp street. It was colder than it had been in weeks. My father told me the girl was supposed to meet me at the abandoned apartment buildings. I got there and saw there wasn't a soul in sight. Being the only member of our family who knew of the gang was difficult. It meant I was responsible for a lot of things. I couldn't even tell me best friend about it. I usually only had to handle negotiations so I wasn't worried.

 

Not sure how long time passed but soon a figure appeared on the street. "Hello." They didn't respond. "Are you who I am supposed to be meeting?" Again no answer. I was starting to sweat a little I wooed my forehead and decided to try again. "Look I'm just here to talk." That's when I heard a click. I turned to retreat but before I could I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I fell to the ground with a thud. I chewed my lip refusing to give this person the satisfaction of hearing me scream. The figure came closer revealing a girl my age  with  dark hair. "We just wanted to make peace, why are you trying to start a war?" She threw her head backed and laughed. "Your family started this war we are simply retaliating." "What are you talking about ?" "Just shut up Yongguk." Then everything was dark.