You Better Run

Please Save Me From This Chaos

I only stayed because I figured walking out at that moment would upset Hongbin further, but now thinking on it I had done exactly what he wanted me to do. Hongbin approached me, taking a deep breath and softening his expression. He lightly ran his hand along my cheek and I tried my best not to flinch away.

“I’m sorry. I’m just exhausted. I shouldn’t have talked to you like that.” He flashed me a smile. “Please don’t go out with Hakyeon tonight. Can you stay with me?”

“Hakyeon is already downstairs.” I told him. I reached behind me for the door handle but Hongbin grabbed my hand.

“Don’t go. Please.” I looked into his eyes. They looked blank compared to the emotion in his voice and the frown on his face. What was going on with him, I wondered.

“I won’t be back tonight, Hongbin. Don’t wait up for me.” I told him, yanking my hand away and successfully opening the door. “Make sure you go to bed right away and get plenty of rest okay? I’ll have breakfast ready for you in the morning.” I slipped out the door quickly, pulling it closed as I exited.

I took a deep breath and raced down the stairs, not bothering with the elevator. I had kept Hakyeon waiting long enough. I found him pacing at the door. I smiled and skipped over to him.

“What took you so long? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Hakyeon was checking me all over for any sign of injury.

“We just had another little dispute. He didn’t hurt me, so don’t worry.” I pushed Hakyeon arm’s length away.

“Where are your clothes? I told you I wasn’t allowing you to come back for a while.” Hakyeon snarled.

“I have it all planned out okay? I’ll borrow some of your clothes until morning and I’ll grab some more when I make him breakfast like I promised.”

“Inhye…” Hakyeon began to protest but ended up sighing and linking arms with me. “Whatever. I’m not leaving your side. Let’s go get some drinks.”

Hakyeon and I walked around in search of a bar and ended up stumbling upon a noraebang. Hakyeon’s eyes lit up and he tugged on my arm. I knew I had no choice in the matter so I followed him inside. We paid for an hour’s time and Hakyeon had got us some drinks as well. After a few songs we decided to take a short break.

“Oppa, when did Mihyun move out?” I asked, sipping on my beer.

Hakyeon sighed and put his beer down. “We got into a huge fight not much longer after you and Hongbin left last night and she was packed up and gone by morning.”

“Hongbin said he bumped into her while getting coffee and she told him you two were finished.” I told him.

Hakyeon looked confused. “But Mihyun doesn’t drink coffee and her parents don’t live in Seoul. How would he bump into her at a Seoul coffee shop?”

My heart began to race. Could Hongbin have been ease dropping before he came inside the apartment? But even then, how could he possibly have heard Hakyeon say that Mihyun had moved out? I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me and the room began to spin.

“INHYE!” Hakyeon leaned me over to rest on his lap. “Take deep breaths. Relax. Do you want to go outside? We can go home.”

“Home? I don’t have a home.” I caught myself saying.

“Yah! You always have a home. I don’t care what kind of fights we get into, I will never deny you a place to stay.” I tried to sit up but Hakyeon forced me down. “Don’t move. I’ll go get you some water.”

I took another deep breath and closed my eyes as Hakyeon quickly ran out of the room. I could hear one of our phones vibrating on the table, but I decided to ignore it. Nothing could be too important right now right? The vibrating sound didn’t stop so I slowly sat up to see whose phone was going off. My phone’s screen read “Mihyun”. Why was she calling me?

“Inhye-ssi? Inhye-ssi where are you right now?” She sounded panicked.

“I’m at noraebang with Hakyeon. Why? Is everything okay?”

“Inhye, I know we were never close but I need you to trust me. Things are not good right now and I need you to sneak out the back with Hakyeon right now.”

“What? Why? What do you know? And Hakyeon just went out to get water.”

“Inhye you have to get out of there now and get to the apartment…no go to a hotel or something. Get out of town! GOD DAMMIT GIRL JUST LISTEN TO ME!” I couldn’t find any words to respond to her with. What the hell was going on? “I’ll explain later okay but right now, with or without Hakyeon, you need to run.”

“Mihyun, what am I running from?”

“Hongbin. You know my dad’s a cop right? Well I had him do a background check on him and he’s a bad person, Inhye. That’s all I can tell you right now.”

“Why do you think he’s chasing me?”

“Stop asking so many questions right now, please? I need you to trust me. Just get somewhere that Hongbin wouldn’t be able to find you at and let me know so I can have my dad come and get you and Hakyeon. He’ll protect you guys.”

“How can I trust you?”

“Like I said before, I know we were never close but Hakyeon cares about you, A LOT. And I still care about Hakyeon so I don’t want either of you getting hurt.”

Just then the door opened causing me to jump. It was only Hakyeon but he didn’t have any water in his possession. His face was red and he looked confused. Plus his hands were kind of shaky and almost in fists like he was trying to control himself from doing something.

“Hakyeon what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Who are you on the phone with? It is Hongbin?” He shouted. “Hang up on that bastard right now. We’re leaving.”

“It’s Mihyun. She’s saying we have to go somewhere safe and her dad will come and get us. What happened?”

“Hongbin’s here.” Hakyeon growled. “He’s in another room with a bunch of chicks. I think he saw me.”

“There had to be some guys in there too, Hakyeon. Why would Hongbin be with a bunch of girls?”

“ARE YOU TWO LEAVING OR WHAT?” Mihyun yelled in the phone, causing me to hold it away from my ear.

Hakyeon took my phone away from me and held it to his own ear. “Where is somewhere safe we can go? Have your dad pick a place and we’ll go there. Or should we just come all the way to you?”

I couldn’t comprehend what was going on right now. Hongbin was at the noraebang with a bunch of girls? So was that like he was cheating on me? And Mihyun was saying there was something not right about Hongbin. Are her intentions really as pure as she says they are? Hakyeon placed my phone back in my hand then picked up his own phone and pocketed it.

“We’ll buy clothes when we get to our destination so we don’t need to worry about anything like that.” He grabbed my hand. “We’ll leave out the back entrance and then take a taxi to the train station. If we somehow get separated, just think get to the train station and get on the first train anywhere. The faster we get out of town and away from Hongbin the better.” I nodded and gave his hand a squeeze.

Hakyeon slowly opened the door and looked around a few times before stepping out of the room and pulling me along with him. He walked quickly and I had to pretty much jog to keep up. I would glance behind us every now and then, just to see if anyone noticed us rushing through the building. Hakyeon had decided to take us out the front door, against what Mihyun had said, but that may have also been why we were almost running. We were able to hail a taxi quickly and Hakyeon told the driver where to take us.

I laced my fingers with Hakyeon’s in hopes of calming both of us down, however it didn’t work so well for me. Hakyeon’s touch did nothing for me. Before my heart would be threatening to pound out of my chest. Right now it was just racing due to the fact that we were running away from my “bad” boyfriend. Maybe those girls that Hakyeon saw with Hongbin were people he worked with at the internship? Or maybe they were just old friends from school. Hongbin wouldn’t be cheating on me.

I stared out the window as my mind continued to race over all of what was going on. I was in serious need of some aspirin or something because of the headache I was getting. Where did I go wrong? Why is this happening?

“Inhye-yah, how are you feeling?” Hakyeon asked me as we arrived at the train station and had gotten out tickets.

“My head hurts.” I told him.

“When we get on the train, just try to sleep okay? Turn off your phone as well, just in case Hongbin tries to call you or something. We’re going to the town Mihyun and her parents live in. It’ll take us a few hours to get there. This is the last train out.”

“Hakyeon, thank you for being here. I’m sorry you have to worry about me.” I looked down at the ground.

Hakyeon grabbed my face lightly and forced me to look at him. He brought his face close to mine. “I will always worry about you, Kim Inhye. We’ve known each other for forever. I love you.” He placed a kiss on my forehead.

“Oppa…” I felt my face heat up a bit.

“You’re not going to get rid of me, Inhye. EVER.” He let go of my face and laced his fingers with mine again.

I felt myself falling asleep a bit as we waited for the train to arrive. We only waited about twenty minutes before we could board the train. It felt like as soon as Hakyeon and I had sat down, I was resting my head on his should and fell asleep. I could feel Hakyeon place his jacket over me and rest his head on top of mine.

As I drifted off to sleep, my mind began to create scenarios of how Hongbin would react to me running away with Hakyeon. One scenario that played out in my head was him getting angry again like how he had earlier. He would come chasing after me, doing everything in his power to find me and bring me back to his apartment. The mere thought frightened me. The other scenario was Hongbin becoming a total wreck worrying about me because he wouldn’t be able to get ahold of me. He would be crying and be trying to call my phone nonstop. This scenario upset me. I didn’t want to hurt Hongbin. I began to wish I could go back to his apartment and just pretend like none of this was happening, but it was too late for that now.

The conductor was shaking Hakyeon and me awake. We had arrived in Mihyun’s hometown, an hour and a half outside of Seoul. Hakyeon helped me off the train and pulled out his phone, calling Mihyun to see where her father was.

“Cha Hakyeon?” A man questioned approaching us.

“Yes, that’s me. Are you with Mihyun’s father?” He questioned, still on the phone with Mihyun.

“You are under arrest for kidnapping.” That’s when I noticed that this man was in a police uniform and there was another man in police uniforms not far from us.

“Kidnapping? I haven’t kidnapped anyone!”

“The victim is right next to you.” The officer told him as he began to try and handcuff Hakyeon.

“YAH! I HAVEN’T KIDNAPPED HER! WHO TOLD YOU I DID SUCH A THING?”

“Don’t worry, miss. You’re safe now.” Another officer told me pulling me away from Hakyeon. I had been rendered speechless. I couldn’t find my voice at all.

 

A/N: Hello readers, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I feel like there was a lot of dialogue. I am currently working on the next chapter and it is mostly dialogue as well so just a heads up. Thank you for reading and please anticipate the next chapter!