You're Not Alone

Please Save Me From This Chaos

I felt extremely light headed and like I couldn’t breathe. Inside the box were pictures of me. Pictures of me walking out of my old apartment building. Pictures of me at school. Pictures of me with Hakyeon. I had to try and catch my breath for a second. I felt like I was in some crazy FBI show. I didn’t want to assume that Hongbin had taken these pictures but how else would he have them?

I don’t know why I did, but I looked around before I put the lid back on the box and set it aside. I wasn’t sure where I was going to place it but I needed to get Hongbin’s room clean before I could figure that out.

I would have to stop from time to time in order to catch my breath. I had to keep this a secret, not only from Hakyeon but from Hongbin as well. He’d probably be really upset if he knew I had seen these pictures. If this was anything like one of those FBI shows, I was DEFINITELY going to be in some big time trouble if anyone knew I saw those.

I heard my phone go off and it was like my spirit left my body for a second because I was so startled by the noise. With shaky hands, I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. Hakyeon.

“What?” I answered, trying to sound as tough as possible.

“Inhye, please tell me you’re at my apartment.”

“You know the answer to that, oppa.” I had most of Hongbin’s room tidied up by now and I walked back over to where I had pushed the shoe box aside.

“Inhye, why couldn’t have you just stayed there for tonight? How is Hongbin doing? You’re okay, right?” I could tell by his voice that Hakyeon was trying his best not to get angry with me.

“Hongbin isn’t home right now. He won’t be back until morning. I’m perfectly fine.” I picked up the shoe box and looked around the room to see where Hongbin would possible put it. He was such an organized and clean person there just had to be a specific spot for it.

“Inhye, I’m sorry for acting the way I did earlier. I’m just really worried about you. If Hongbin is as dangerous and we believe he is, I’m terrified of losing you.”

“If we act considerately towards Hongbin and not trigger him in any way, we shouldn’t have to worry.”

Hakyeon scoffed. “I’m sorry but what kind of fairy tale are you living in right now?”

“CSI.”

“What?”

So much for keeping secrets. “There’s this shoe box I found. There’s all kinds of pictures of me like if a spy was keeping tabs on me.”

Hakyeon was silent for a second. “Are you trying to piss me off or are you being serious right now?”

“I’m sorry. I’m being serious, oppa.”

“I’m coming home right now.”

“Don’t!” I placed the box on Hongbin’s desk and massaged the back of my neck. “Don’t come home. Hongbin knows you’re staying at your parents’ for a few days. If you come home, that will make me a liar and I don’t want to upset Hongbin.”

“THEN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?” Hakyeon couldn’t control his temper anymore. “HE WAS STALKING YOU OBVIOUSLY! TAKE THAT BOX AND GO TO THE POLICE RIGHT NOW! CALL MIHYUN! GET OUT OF THAT APARTMENT!”

“Oppa, relax. I’m working on a plan right now.”

“A plan? Inhye, if you try and handle this by yourself you could wind up getting hurt or worse….”

“Hakyeon, you’re being overdramatic.” I sighed. I looked around the room and noticed that Hongbin had a little chest next to his closet.

“You’re being too careless!” Hakyeon took a deep breath. “I’m sorry. This is why we’re not getting along in the first place. I’m trying to be supportive of you but you’re making it really hard for me.”

“Oppa, hold on.” I knelt down and placed my phone on the ground beside me before opening the chest.

As if things couldn’t get any creepier, inside the chest was more pictures. These pictures were not only of me, but of just Hakyeon or Mihyun with writing on them. I picked up one of the pictures of Hakyeon and looked it over. He was walking out of the apartment building. Written on it was his normal routine, what time he left the apartment and what time he got back approximately. All of these pictures were screaming that Hongbin was stalking me, however I was still trying to not believe it and remain calm.

“Did you find something else? Hello! Inhye-yah! Answer me please!” Hakyeon yelled into the phone.

“Sorry. I found more pictures.”

“Are they hot pictures?” Leave it to Hakyeon to word it THAT way.

“You look pretty hot in this picture. You should wear light blue more often, oppa. It’s y on you.” I teased.

“I’m not really in a picture, am I?” He sounded scared.

“Yup. You and Mihyun both. He was watching us from outside the apartment mostly.” It scared me how calmly I was telling Hakyeon all of this. I’m sure it was scaring him too.

“WHY AREN’T YOU CALLING THE POLICE?”

“BECAUSE! I CAN’T!” I could feel my temper beginning to get the best of me.

“If you say it’s because you love him, I SWEAR on my life Kim Inhye that I will…”

“Hakyeon, shut up.”

I could hear the sound of someone punching the passcode in outside the apartment. I quickly closed the chest and slid the shoe box next to it before running out of Hongbin’s room and into my own and closing the door.

“Inhye, what’s going on?” Hakyeon questioned. I hadn’t noticed my breathing was choppy again.

“SH.”

I pressed my ear against the door and listened to see if the person was successfully able to get into the apartment. I heard the door open and close. I tried my best to remain calm, but how is that even possible when someone comes into your home who’s not supposed to be there? I was too afraid to say anything to Hakyeon even because I worried whoever just walked in would hear me.

The footsteps sounded like they walked into the kitchen and soon I heard the fridge open and close and the water was and shortly after turned off. Maybe Hongbin was worried about me and came home anyways. I wasn’t going to open the door and chance it though.

“Inhye?” Hakyeon whispered. “Inhye, I’m going to call the Seoul police and have them go to the apartment.”

“No.” I hissed.

“Yes. If they show up and don’t need to be there, just say you heard the door open and got scared because you had a recent break in.” He didn’t hang up with me. I could hear him asking his brother for his cell phone.

I continued to listen to the footsteps as they crossed the apartment and it sounded like they walked into Hongbin’s room. My breath hitched when I heard some rustling around. The person was looking for something, but what was it?

“They’re on their way.” Hakyeon whispered into the phone. “If the person is still there don’t say anything.”

I was starting to get really scared now. I tried my best to remain calm and stop myself from whimpering in fear. The footsteps hurriedly got closer to my door. I looked around my room and quickly scurried over to my blankets and placed them over me, hiding my phone between my head and my pillow.

There was no knock. I just could hear the door slowly open. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing to make it look like I was sleeping.  The footsteps slowly got closer to me. Thankfully Hakyeon was staying quiet so whoever was in my room at the moment had no idea I was on the phone.

After what felt like forever, the person walked away from me and left my room. They didn’t look through any of my stuff, they just headed straight out and closed the door behind them. I waited a moment before sitting up, keeping my phone to my ear as I did so. I looked towards the door and was about to give Hakyeon a hushed thanks when I saw a figure standing in front of my door looking right at me.

 

 

A/N: Hello readers, I hope you enjoyed this update! I have another update ready to go but I'm going to wait a day or so before I post it. I am only anticipating maybe 5 more chapters to this story. I'm not entirely sure just yet. Anyways, thank you for reading. Each update I get more subscribers and it makes me happy to see you guys truly enjoy this story. Thank you for your comments and for subscribing!