Until They Found Me

I Love You Without Knowing How, or When, or From Where....

“But I love your feet only because they walked upon the earth and upon 

the wind and upon the waters, until they found me.” 
― Pablo Neruda


 

Daehyun hadn’t seen the ‘cold prince’ yes he had given the grumpy neighbor a nickname. He was just sad he couldn't talk to the cute boy. He really had fallen deeply in love with him. Daehyun knew it wasn’t a stupid crush, he felt it.

He was in love and unfortunately there is no cure for that. Youngjae was not going to make things easy for him. It was the way the young made him feel, it wasn't anything that Daehyun had felt before. Even if Youngjae didn't feel the same Daehyun could not do anything about it.

Daehyun loved him, without even knowing how. He just loved him, that is all he knew. Love was something complicated, Daehyun still didn't undersatnd it well, it made him do and feel weird things he wasn't used to.

But it was something so nautural, Daehyun knew they were meant to meet. That this meeting was fated, that the reason why Youngjae moved next door wasn't coincidence, it was destiny.

The only news he got from the cute boy was from Jongup, who had said that that Youngjae came over the flower shop at 7 am in the morning to buy two bouquets of flowers.

Daehyun spend most of his day trying to figure out who were the flowers for, but didn’t go far with his theories.

It was now a cold Monday morning. Daehyun could see his breath every time he would breath out. He acted like most kids and act as if he was smoking. Daehyun smiled to himself,  no wonder his students love him, he was a kid himself.

Daehyun wore a white v-neck shirt and wore a black cardigan to make his outfit look more work attire than causal and his huge red bag pack he took to school.   He sped walk to the bus stop, he over slept and was afraid he was going to miss his bus. The usually people were there the business woman who always looked pissed off, an old man known as Mr. Woo and the three high school girls with exaggerated low skirts. But today in particular there was a new body.

Daehyun was intrigued he was sure he  knew that person. The male had his brown hair slick to the side, he had a grey blazer on and a black button up collar shirt. A messenger bag hung on his side and he wore black hipster looking glasses, he was preoccupied with a novel. Daehyun looked down at the tight black jeans that cupped the males nicely, ‘wait I know that nice piece of ---wait that’s’ Daehyun stepped forward and not noticed the hot looking teacher was  Youngjae.

“Morning Youngjae!” Daehyun stepped right next to Youngjae, who instantly jerked up his head to look at the person who was invading his reading time.

Youngjae turned around and saw the person he least wanted to see. It was a smiling goofball named Daehyun. ‘Great.’ Youngjae thought and turned back to read his book ignoring the older boy’s presence.

Daehyun stood their awkwardly and leaned forward noticing that Youngjae was reading a foreign language.

“What that language your reading?” Daehyun asked.

Youngjae sighed and closed his book, “It’s Spanish.”

“Cool! I only know a little bit of English and some Japanese.” Daehyun smiled happy that Youngjae finally answered, “How many languages do you know?”

“Mandarin, English, Spanish, Japanese, French, Arabic, and German.” Youngjae sounded bored.

Daehyun’s jaw dropped and composed himself, “Wow! That’s amazing Youngjae!”

Youngjae shrugged, not really caring, he had spent most of his life studying different cultures and it led him to learning their languages.

The bus soon came much to Youngjae’s relief. He quickly got on the bus and sat on a crowded side where Daehyun would not be able to reach him.

Daehyun too happy with his little victory was on his own world. ‘He talked to me!’  Daehyun giggled like a school girl.

Two whole weeks went the same, but the next days Youngjae made sure to wear head phones much to Daehyun’s misfortune. Though Daehyun didn’t mind as long as he was able to see that fine piece of , everything was cheesecake and rainbows for him.

Luckily for Daehyun they both got out of work around the same time and took the same bus back home.  Though Daehyun couldn’t talk to Youngjae on the bus, the elevator ride on their apartment complex made it up for Daehyun (who would try to sneak in a conversation or two and usually succeeded to make Youngjae say 3 words every other day).

Today in particular, the bus was hot and crowded. Daehyun was crushed up against and old woman and a very heavy older male, let’s just say the smell wasn’t swell. Daehyun had to hold his breath.

“Professor Yoo!” A teenager girl with long brown hair ran up to Youngjae.

Youngjae looked up from the book he was reading to look at the young woman.

“Professor Yoo! Your class was great!” the brunette smiled nervously, “I really like how you explained how Japan finally became united under one shogun, I feel bad for Nobunaga though who didn’t get to see his dream of a united Japan come true in his lifetime.”

“Well, not sure that the person who killed him would agree with you.” Youngjae smiled, showing his pearly white teeth. The young girl nearly broke her face with the smile she had on ( you could tell she was fan-girling hard right now).

Well she wasn’t fan-girling as much as Daehyun was when he saw that pearly white smile. He couldn’t really hear what ‘Professor Yoo’ (Daehyun loved that name) and his student were talking about, but just seeing Youngjae smile made Daehyun’s heart melt.   He could tell Youngjae was into his job and cared deeply for his students, just that smile on Youngjae’s face was enough to tell.

Daehyun could relate with him, students are great. He love his mucus, disheveled, dirt filled children at the elementary school. Daehyun woulld do anything for those little trouble makers.

After a few more stops the young teenager got off, but made sure to praise her favorite professor a couple of times more. Making the young professor shake his head and thank the young student.

Even though Daehyun was a couple feet away from Youngjae, he could see the younger perfectly.  He didn’t care if he seemed like a stalker because at that very moment, he saw one of the best things in the world.

Youngjae took one last look at this student as she go off the bus.  The doors closed and the bus continued, Youngjae looked at his book for a second then lifted his gaze out the window where the sun shone through heightening his flawless features. And at the moment was something Daehyun would never forget, it was Youngjae’s smile.

It wasn’t like any of the other smiles he had before. This smile was small but so pure and sincere. It even managed to wrinkle his eyes, showing those defined cheekbone Daehyun had fallen for. Though Youngjae was smiling to himself Daehyun could feel the genuineness in that smile. He could feel the happiness radiating off him.

After a few more stops Daehyun and Youngjae got off. Daehyun quickly caught up to Youngjae, who always tried to evade walking with Daehyun towards their apartment.

“Hey!” Daehyun waved as he caught up to Youngjae who only sighed and nodded at Daehyun.

“How was your day Youngjae?!” Daehyun wiggled his eyebrows.

Youngjae pinched the bridge of his nose, not wanting to deal with Daehyun today, “Fine…”

“That’s good to hear, my day was great too. You know how it is with students …” Daehyun smiled.

Youngjae just hummed and continued to walk towards the apartment complex.

“Can I tell you something Youngjae?” Daehyun asked as he pulled the hem of his shirt nervously.

Youngjae just shrugged, hasn’t Daehyun been “telling” him things already, why was he asking permission now? 

Daehyun smiled to himself, “You…You sho-uld smile more Youngjae….”

Youngjae suddenly stop making Daehyun crash into him, "Oof!" Daehyun whined as he took a step back.

“What do you mean?” Youngjae asked ignoring  Daehyun's whimpers.

Daehyun grew red and rub the back of his neck, “I saw you smiling when your student got off the bus…and….hmm…you should do it more, you look…..beau-tiful…”

Youngjae eyes grew wide and quickly turned around so Daehyun couldn’t see him. Youngjae lifted his hands on his cheeks, trying to hide the pink that was now visible on them.

“Hmm…” Youngjae mumbled not knowing what to tell Daehyun. Younjgae didn't know how to feel about the comment, the last person to tell him that his smile was beautiful was now gone. Youngjae didn't know whether to feel happy or sad.

Daehyun felt stupid for telling Youngjae what he thought, Youngjae probably hated him even more now, he was probably annoyed of Daehyun.

“Thank you, Daehyun.” Youngjae started to walk again not looking back at the puzzled and love struck boy.

Daehyun's heart quicken and the smile on his face grew wider making his face feel sore. Daehyun was beyond happy, not even a billion cheesecakes could make him feel like this.

 It wasn't  because Youngjae said thanks but because that was the first time Youngjae ever said his name. Daehyun could feel the butterflies fluttering around his stomach, this day could easily be one of the best in his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two more weeks had pass and now it had been a whole month that the new quiet neighbor had moved in.  Daehyun noticed a couple new changes in his life, one his best friend hardly had any time for him.

Jongup either was texting or out on a date with the diva named Himchan. Also Daehyun found out that Youngjae would go to Jongup’s flower shop every Sunday seven o’clock sharp to buy two bouquets of flowers and disappear for the rest of the sday and appear in the late evening that day.

Youngjae was still as quiet as before but now Youngjae would often say what he was thinking. Daehyun wouldn’t say that was a step forward since the younger boy’s words would sting, and bad.

Today was like other Fridays traffic was horrible. Daehyun had a hard time holding onto the railing since he was carrying a container full of cheesecake cupcakes that his students made for him.

Daehyun carefully got off the bus making sure that his precious cupcakes were not damaged in the process. Youngjae who now made it a habit to wait for Daehyun in front of the bus gave Daehyun the what-the-hell-is- that-it-looks-like-vomit-in-a-cup look.

“My students made it for me!” Daehyun smile as the cheeky boy looked at the cupcakes.

“I can tell…” Youngjae looked a the funky shaped cupcakes.

“They taste better than they look!” Daehyun smiled, “My students love me, they are great!”

“Are you sure they are not trying to kill you, they don’t look edible…” Youngjae looked at the cupcakes and cringed.

“HEY! At least my students make me things!” Daehyun stuck his tongue out.

“At least I can have a real conversation with my students…look they can’t even spell thank you….” Youngjae shook his head, the cupackaes  spelled out 'thunk yuu'.

“We do have conversations. ALL THE TIME! Just today we talking about the differences between cheese cake and mud pie and which one is better!” Daehyun nodded to himself, “Of course it’s cheesecake, and it’s the best dessert in the WHOLE WORLD!”

Youngjae face-palmed and shook his head, “Of course you would have food conversations…”

“YEAH! I mean what else would we talk about I me—WAHHHHH!” Daehyun stumbled on a crack on the side walk and fell forward spilling all of his beloved cupcakes.

“My…my cupcakes….” Daehyun tear up as he saw all his cupcakes on the sidewalk now full with undesired ingredients.

Youngjae looked down to see the overwhelm male.

The pouty lips and his glistening eyes were now leaking were making Youngjae uncomfortable….’ Don’t  feel bad, don’t feel bad, walk away like you usually do…’ Youngjae cursed himself trying not to fall for the pathetic looking Daehyun.

Daehyun pathetically tried to recover a cupcake that had a black piece of gum stuck on it, “ Don’t worry I’ll safe you…” Daehyun looked at his cupcake, “WE NEED A DOCTOR HERE!” Daehyun shouted, “SOMEONE HELP ME! I AM LOSING HIM!” Daehyun started to weep like a child after that.

People were now looking at them giving them weird looks. Youngjae felt his face grow red, “Daehyun get up!”

“But…but my students made this for me…” Daehyun weep more and mucus now ran down his nose coating his pouty lips.

Younjgae sighed and bend down, “Daehyun get a hold of yourself.”

“NO!” Daehyun weeped and hugged the cupcake, which got smear on his blue button up.

Youngjae sighed once again and took out a light yellow handkerchief, “How about this….” Youngjae started to lightly wipe Daehyun’s   cheeks gently, “I’ll make you a cheesecake if you let these go, okay?”

Daehyun pouted, “But it won’t be made with love like theses were….”

Youngjae groaned, “If you get up now I’ll make you two stupid cheesecakes  or you can eat these inedible s and get food poisoning, your choice.” With that Youngjae got up and walked towards the apartment.

For Daehyun this wasn’t a matter of choice, it was all Youngjae or nothing.

Daehyun ran after the cheeky-boy, “Wait Youngjae!” Daehyun shouted and ran up to an annoyed  Youngjae.

Daehyun smiled goofily at him, “When will you make them…”

Youngjae turned to Daehyun and saw that there were tears remaining on the elder’s cheeks, without a thought Youngjae reach forward and cupped Daehyun’s face.

Youngjae took his light yellow handkerchief and lightly swiped it over Daehyun’s tan cheek, “Aish, you are such a kid sometimes…” Youngjae mumbled as he cleaned Daehyun’s cheek.

Daehyun felt his face go red.

Youngjae had always been either or ignored him.

Really Youngjae was not nice to Daehyun and always ignored him or just said something snobby to the elder boy.

This Youngjae was different though. It seem as if Youngjae really did care for him. That maybe Daehyun was a step closer, maybe they could be friends in the near future. Maybe there was a chance that Youngjae would fall for Daehyun.

They were destined to be, that's what Daehyun thought, no he belived it. He was certain.

Youngjae, would be his not because Daehyun demanded it but beacuse Younjgae was the one to walk into his life and made things seem to have turn brighter and have more meaning. Ever since Youngjae walked in, everything made sense, it was as if Daehyun had waited his entire life for this moment.


A/N: HI! I know things still are confusing

but I promise the next chapter I will clear things up!

Thank you for reading and subscribing!

Tell me what you guys think of this chp!