Chapter 4

It Started With A Bet
Taemin's POV
MATH! My worst subject. I have trouble understanding the material because it's all just so confusing. Mr. Lee doesn't even teach us properly he just tells us "Go to section____, read the notes section and solve problems _____ with your partner". If we don't show the work properly but still get the answer right he marks it wrong which gets me mad, at least I got the right answer. I would usually ask Minho for help because Sungjong was in the same boat as me but now things are different.
 
Unfortunately for my next class I sat next to Minho, it is seriously hard to win this bet when he is everywhere. Well at least it's fair fight considering that Sungjong sees Myungsoo a lot throughout the day as well.
 
Mr. Lee is always on his phone doing who knows what? Probably watching chicken . We talked most of the class and do anything we want, just because we do whatever we want doesn't mean are grades aren't decent though.
 
I really miss Minho but I'm not backing down so easily. I need a plan and fast because being away from Minho is getting me frustrated.
 
DING! Just thought of the perfect plan. Sungjong you better be prepared and thank you technology for exisisting.
 
When we enter the classroom we take our seats. I sit next to Minho , Sungjong sits in front of us next to Key and in front of them is Myungsoo and Chnayeol. Good because they are at a hearing distance. 
"Where do I go?" Asks Luhan.
 
"There is an empty seat next to Sehun"
 
Luann nods,"Wait where is that?" Sungjong just grabs his arm and leads him to the seat. While he does that I see Minho and Myungsoo coming in together, okay good he is here. When Minho sits down I just look straight, ignoring his presence.
 
When Sungjong comes back so does Key. Key had gone out to answer a call from Jonghyun, something about Jonghyun wanting a good luck air kiss. They sit down and my plan starts NOW!
 
"Sungjong-ah!"
 
He turns his head towards me, curiously so does Key.
 
"What?"
 
"Jongin texted me telling you guys are going on a date. Is it true?" I glanced at Myungsoo and he looked stiff. Me and Jongin and "crime buddies" in a way but the not the bad crimes so don't think wrong. We used to be accomplices in many things like getting Jonghyun and Key, that was thanks to us.
 
"WHAT!!!" Shouted Key.
 
"Well I was kinda forced to, and stop shouting. People are staring" let them, Myungsoo preferably, stare and hear.
 
"Forced? How?"
 
"I couldn't say no."
 
"Wow Sungjong. What happened to the sassy and strong Sungjong that we all know. We all know that you did not want to go on a date with JONGIN and could easily reject him...unless...Jongie, do you perhaps like Jongin?"
 
I felt the classroom go silent. Myungsoo had his head straightforward still looking stiff. Sungjong seemed to think about something for a while probably surprised about the question.
 
"I-I" Sungjong stuttered.
 
"Stuttering Sungjong? Why? Are you confused about your feelings?"
 
His reactions are good, you are making things easier Sungjong.
 
"No." Sungjong answered.
 
"Then answer the question Jongie, do you like Jongin?"
 
Suddenly a slam was heard and the screeching from the chair rubbing against the flor while someone was standing up. No other than Myungsoo.
 
I caught a glimpse of his face, his face was red with anger, his eyebrows furrowed, and his eyes looked a bit glossy. He walked out the classroom. Sungjong was surprised and went walking after Myungsoo. Perfect. Myungsoo never cries and Sungjong knows that very well, he will take pity on him and tell him everything. I WILL WIN, Sungjong get prepared for ultimate embarrassment.
 
After they leave people start whispering about what just happened.
 
Mr. Lee eventually comes in and Myungsoo and Sungjong are still gone. Today he actually gave out a lesson, he told us that he locked himself out his phone so he gave it to Mr.Kim to fix his problem.
 
I suddenly saw a neat folded piece of paper folded, landing on my book. I opened it and I saw that it was Minho's writing.
 
Minho-Hi:)
Should I answer back? I think I will, might as well since the bet is ending soon.
Taemin-Hey^^
I threw folded it back and threw it back on his book.
Minho-I wanted to know if it's okay if we can still be friends? It won't bother you right?
Taemin-Sure!
 
I passed it to him and I took a glance at his face. He looked up at me and smiled. I wanted to faint right there, I love his smile.
 
Class ended and we now we have a twenty minute break. Sungjong didn't come back. I wonder where he is. I walk up to Luhan with Key by my side after saying goodbye to Minho. Luhan looked sad for a moment until he saw me the sadness washed away. Why was he sad? I'll ask later. First we need to find out what happened to Sungjong.
 
"Luhan. Let's go find Jongie. Oh and this is-"
 
"Key my name Key. Spelled K-E-Y."
 
I rolled my eyes.
 
"Well actually its Kibum..."
 
He glared at me and looked like he was going to choke me to death.
 
"Well it is!" I said defending myself.
 
Luhan was just snickering to himself.
 
"That name is tooooo common. Key is much better. So my name is Key. Okay Luhan-ssi?"
 
Luhan just game him and 'ok' sign and nodded his head rather cutely.
 
"Let's just go look for Sungjong"
I was really anxious to know what happened. I know I'm going to win this bet.