❝ Chapter 3 ❞

The Underground Rapper ❝Re-Releasing❞

CHAPTER THREE ; JINYOUNG’S POV

 

EksnkmefiykApXIALjaRNz1FoXRLzp4UfCaZtIpi

 

-Tough Cookie + We Are Bulletproof pt1 (This is the only live performance I can find for the song :( + Thanks to eckygaby for sending in the live version of 'We Are Bulletproof pt1' link ) -

The uncomfortable feeling I had when I first walked in this place is still here. I don’t know if it’s my nerves kicking in or if someone was actually watching me but whatever it is, I wish it would stop right now. Not being surprised by what I was currently think, I was started to regret tagging along with Yubin and her brother. If anything this place is a straight up club. People like me don’t belong here and I’m sure others here could sense that.

Trying to keep up with Yubin, I pushed my way through the sweaty bodies. There was some music playing -I’m guessing hip hop- that got everyone one the dance floor. I slide onto the high red chair and focused my attention to what was getting the crowd so pumped. There standing on the stage was a man rapping...drenched in sweat. His gray sweater was not hiding the sweat stains under his neck and armpits. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a huge stain on his back.

Apart from the stains, the lyrics the crowd was saying was rather...amusing. Tough Cookie. What the heck is that? Whatever it was it seemed to please the crowd. I could even hear Yubin and Yuhan singing along as well. I could catch what the male was saying but there were times he just spoke, no rapped to fast for me to comprehend what was being said. With a shake of my head, I shifted my eyes around and found the source of the soon forgotten uncomfortableness I was feeling from before.

My eyes raked over his appearance. Everything about him was dark, his hair, eyes, and not surprising his clothes as well. My inspection ended once he turned from me and moved from where he sat. I tried to follow where he was going but he went deep in the crowd. I don’t even know why I was so curious about it. Yubin had tried to include me in the conversation she was in with some of her friends but I couldn’t follow it because they were mostly talking about the rappers here.

I was about to sip on the water that Yubin had got be but stopped when the music had came to an end. A man walked onto the stage with a black snap back. He patted the rapper that was just performing and brought the mic he was holding, towards his mouth. “Give a round of applause for Nacseo!” *Fun Fact: When Zico was an underground rapper, he went by the name of Nacseo. Now back to the story!* The crowd cheered as Zico bowed at them. After clapping for Zico, the announcer began to speak again.

“Continuing round 1, Nacseo’s opponents….BTS” The crowd became even wilder, if that was even possible, once the name was called. Yubin stood up from her feet and grabbed my arm. She looked at me with excited eyes. “Come on!” Yubin pulled me through the crowd. There were many ‘Hey watch it!’, ‘Don’t push me!’ and other...unpleasant words were shouted at us. In time, we made it to the semi front of the crowd.

Just in time, 7 guys walked on the stage wearing black and white while some had on leather jackets. I eyed each and everyone of them, until my eyes stopped on a particular person. Remember that guy that was watching me? Welp there he is standing on stage with a cocky smirk as the fans cheered for them. One thing I hadn’t noticed before was he was wearing an beanie.  According to the crowd’s reaction, this group was a big deal.

The boys started to bob their heads to the song. The phrase ˆWe Are Bulletproof, We Are We Are Bulletproof’ Kept being repeated for awhile. Just like the last performance, the crowd was singing along to it. A guy with shades on started the first verse. The reason why he had shades on was beyond me. I mean the lighting in here isn’t all that great so why would you have shades on? If anything you're just seeing the place darker right? Mostly all the member except for 1. If im to be honest right now, I’m disappointed beanie boy didn’t get a line as I wanted to see what he could do.

The chorus of the song came again. This making the boys run around the stage, interaction with the crowd. They then gathered in the center while a guy in a long leather jacket (J-hope) started rapping again. I noticed the guy I kept my eye on most of the time moved to the center of the stage, next to the one that was currently rapping. Once the beat had sped up beanie boy started to rap. Like that Nacseo guy I couldn’t keep up what he was saying.

Beanie boy took a breath and looked around crowd. I didn’t realise I was gazing at him intently until he caught my gaze. All while looking at me he brought his mic back up to his mouth, and started rap again but this time at a slower pace.”I’m the savior of this place. Ya heard we the [scratch noises] bulletproof” His lingered on mine for a few more seconds before he shifted them to elsewhere.

The song soon ended and Yubin had turned to me. “How are you liking it so far?” She asked me. Being the honest person that I am, I’ll told her the truth “...Its not that bad” I gave her a positive answer with a small smile on my mouth. I turned my head back towards the stage to look at the group of 7 but they weren't up there anymore. With a shake of my head turned back to Yubin, “Where’s the bathroom?” Yubin pointed to the back of the place.“Down the hallway, and make a left”

I nodded my head and began to make my way towards there. Once I got there I almost gagged. The bathroom was horrible. It smelled disgusting and it looked dirty. I am not using this. I turned back on my heels and quickly walked back to where Yubin is…or should I say was. I franticly looked around. She’s nowhere in sight why would she move from this spot. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and tried to call her. Why aren’t you answering?  I clenched onto my phone. This can’t be happening.

 

The crowd became even wilder when another battle went on. I tried to walk to the exit but failed some guy had pushed me down. Expecting to feel the ground I felt a pair of arms around me. I got back on my feet and turned to face my savior.

There we were, face to face. I was staring into the eyes of….Beanie Boy.

 

sPA11enIhBHurFx0IGsR2b-2KO59YJnn3tXn4Z_H

 

Author's Notes;  The 3rd chappie is up! Sorry I hadn’t uploaded this sooner. Im currently in my last month of Summer break and my friends and I just want to spend a lot of time with eachother as we don’t have any classes together for the upcoming school year. Regular updates should start next month (September) Please look forward to it!

» layout credit