Day One { 001 }

35 days to make a nerd fall in love

chapter one; Day One { 001 }

tumblr_m1gu84fMXu1rsv0mzo1_400.jpg


It was a bored day for him, just like every day. Going to school, having all his fangirls around him, almost falling asleep in lessons and talking to his friends about random things - that was mostly everything he did in his life.

Kim Jongin, also called Kai for some reasons, had everything. His parents were rich, he never had to do anything for school cause he was smart enough without learning, his dancing skills were awesome as well and he was the most popular kingka on his school, everyone knew him, almost everyone loved him and he never had problems in school.

He had the perfect life, hadnt he? Maybe that was the reason why he wanted to change it, why he wanted to have a challenge where he could show how hard he could work if he wants to. But what challenge should he have? He didn't know it, he wanted something that wasnt easy. He wanted to test himself.

Looking around as he sat in the cafeteria of the school he searched something or someone that could challenge him. But he didn't know how, most of the people wouldn't be a challenge for him, he knew that they all would do everything for him, he was popular, everyone loved him, so they wouldn't dare to do something against him.

Or maybe he could find one of the persons who didnt like him? Who hated him cause he was so popular? He could try to make them like him, or maybe even more than like. Yes, that would be a good challenge. He just needed to find someone who was hard to get him or her like the perfect kingka.

Maybe he could bet with his best friend Chanyeol that he could make anyone fall for him? Chanyeol was known for his good eyes, he always found all those weird nerds really quickly and he surely would know how to find the perfect one for Kai. Yes, he should ask Chanyeol for a bet.

"Hey Yeol, lets make a bet!", Kai said to his best friend as he looked at him. Chanyeol who was busy with eating looked up to his younger friend and grinned. "A bet? Sounds good.~" Chanyeol loved bets, everyone knew that. And till now he never lost any bet. "Okay. Choose anyone of our school and ill make that person fall in love with me.", Kai grinned, he already knew he couldnt loose this bet. But what he didn't know, Chanyeol had an eye for finding the perfect person who would never fall for Kai.

So the older boy looked around to find that person and he found him, quicker than he thought. "Okay. I give you 35 days to make him fall for you, and if you dont ill have a free wish. If you do you'll have one. And the person is him", he said while he smirked and pointed at a direction. Kai turned around to look who his friend choose.

And there he saw him, sitting alone on a table near the door, with his stupid nerdy glasses on and reading a book while he heard music through his beats and eating. He didn't even dare to look around to see other students around him, he just stared at his book like his book was something he never saw before. His dark brown hair and the way he wore it was the only good looking thing about that boy, but it didn't help much since the boy only wore those standard nerd clothes what made him look like the perfect loser.

Kim Jongdae, the completly oppiside of him. He was the king of nerds, no one liked him, no one even really knew him. He never talked with anyone, no matter for what. He had only one friend here in school, Kim Minseok, who was like always sick cause he had heart problems. So Chen was always alone, every single day. From friends Kai knew that Chen's parents are not at home most of the time, they work a lot and never had much time for the boy. Maybe that's why Chen never wanted to talk with anyone, maybe he got used to being always alone, Kai didn't know and he honestly never cared about the nerd.

"You mean that stupid nerd thing? Sure, that will be easy!", Kai agreed before shaking Chanyeol's hand shortly. "Don't be too sure about that, i know Chen for a long time already, he never talked to anyone. He's such a nerd." Maybe Chanyeol was right, maybe it will be hard to get Chen like him, or even to get the nerd talk with him. But Kai liked that, it would be bored if his friend would have choose someone who already likes him. And he knew his best friend, he knew Chanyeol won't want to loose, so of course he choose someone who wasn't easy. But Kai was sure he was going to win this bet.

 

 

Later, after the break ended, Kai was on his way to his next lesson. The funny thing was, in his class was also the nerd. They has actually lots of classes together, but Kai never cared, why should he? Chen is a nerd, Kai never talked to nerds, he was way too cool for that. But now he had to, he had to get closer to Chen to make him fall for the popular boy. Hopefully it was really that easy that he thought it would be. Sitting down on his seat he looked around to see where the nerd sits and saw him sitting down right in front of him. Did he really never realise that the boy sat there?

Sitting down on his seat he looked around to see where the nerd sits and saw him sitting down right in front of him. Did he really never realise that the boy sat there? It seems like he didn't, which wondered him a bit, normally he wasn't like that. But maybe he just were to busy with doing nothing to see who sat in front of him.

After all it wasn't bad that Chen sat in front of him, he could watch the dark haired boy without anyone realising that. That was good, he didn't want anyone to know it, at least not yet. Of course, later everyone would know that Kai tries to make the nerd fall for him, but not why or how. He would try to do it without showing anyone he does it on propose, they would wonder. Why wouldthe most popular boy of the school be interested in the king of nerds who never talks with anyone? They would think Kai is crazy and of course, he wouldn't be able to tell them the real reason, no one eas allowed to know about the bet, or else Kai would loose.

But he didn't know how to start it, how to make Chen talk to him, like him and at the love him or at least have a crush on him. Should he just talk to the quiet boy? And when yes, about what? School, homework, soccer, music or what else? What would a nerd like to talk about? And what are the no gos for nerds? He really didnt know anything. And the only person who could help him with that was Chen's only friend, Xiumin. But Xiumin was sick, like always. He kind of wondered, why did the poor boy even go to school when he was always sick? He missed so much, how the hell could he still be one of the best at school? Maybe Chen helped him with learning?

He could try that too, he could need some help in math, maybe Kai should ask the other one for help? That would be a good way, but would Chen help him? Or would he just laugh at him and tell him he would never help the kingka? Why should he anyways, Kai never had talk to Chen yet, so why would the other boy help him, he had no reason for that. So this wasn't the way he should go, but what else should he do?

Watching Chen messaging Xiumin the young asian didn't even realise that his best friend stood next to him. Not even that the teacher already came in, Kai only watched Chen while he thought. Chen looked up as he heard the teacher and quickly put his phone away, of course the nerd wanted the lesson to start as quick as it can. Having a small smile on his lips he quickly got his things for the English lesson they had now and waited for the teacher to start already. Kai wondered what the boy in front of him was thinking about, or if he even thought about anything.

"Hey Kai, you seem so busy, wht are you thinking about?", Kyungsoo asked as he sat to on the seat next to Kai. Kyungsoo was his best friend, they knew each other for more than 13 years already. Their parents were old friends, so they got to know each other easily and quickly got best friends. The older boy always helped him, he was always there for him and never left his side. Kyungsoo was the best friend Kai could even think of.

"Hm? Oh nothing hyung~" the younger boy said as he looked up to his friend and smiled. He could tell Kyungsoo about the bet, he knew Kyungsoo wouldn't tell anyone, but he didn't want to tell him because Kyungsoo would help Kai and Kai wanted to do it alone. All alone So he just talked with Kyungsoo about random things, like always.

He would find a way to get Chen, he was sure about that.


 

 

 

tumblr_m1gu5vMEe21rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

» author's ramblings:   Ahhhh qwq sorry for uploading so late but i was in Nederland with my class and my crush and me were on the same boat so I didn't had time writing this 'cause I spend the whole time with him or my class in Amsterdam owo I know, this chapter is kind of really boring, short and .. but see it as an prolog, the next one will be better, i promise.~

-AngelsEmotioniel♥

» layout credit