Stardom

Contact

 

            “Hey, mom, dad…” Jinam said as she entered the living room.

            “Yes?” Her mother asked.

            “My friend, B-Bomb’s coming over, okay?”

            “B-Bomb?” Her father asked.

            “It’s a nickname.”

            “Oh, I see… Okay.”

            “Okay, I’ll call B-Bomb…” Jinam left for her room.

            “I’m so happy Jinam has friends at BNS, maybe transferring wasn’t such a bad idea….” Her mother said with a pleasant smile.

            “I just hope B-Bomb’s nice. What kind of nickname is that for a girl?”

            “I don’t know, maybe she’ll surprise us…”

---

            “B-Bomb, are you okay?” Taeil asked as we entered Stardom.

            “Yeah, it just felt like I was mistaken for a female…” I looked around to see if anyone was looking at me oddly. No one was.

            “C’mon guys! Let’s go dance!” U-Kwon ecstatically commanded as he ran ahead of BlockB.

            Zico shook his head, “That kid has no style…”

            Kyung shook his head, “That ‘kid’ is older than you…”

            “Sadly, he’s not…” Zico said.

            Kyung laughed, thankfully, U-Kwon was too for ahead to hear their harsh comments on his maturity rate.

            I rolled my eyes as I watched them. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jaehyo watching me. I tried to ignore him, but it’s hard when you’re as ugly as him.

            “What do you want?” I asked impatiently.

            “I’m just trying to figure out how you could get a girlfriend before me!” He whined.

            I sighed, “Maybe it’s because I don’t say, ‘I know’ when a girl says I’m cute.”

            “Hey! There’s nothing wrong with that!” Jaehyo defended, “I’m just self-conscious, is all…”

            “Whatever~” I sang as I turned my attention to some people on the dance floor. They had absolutely no skill, so I decided to show them some, “Excuse, Mr. Conceited… I’m gonna go pick up some chicks…” I smirked.

            Jaehyo gave me a face, “What about your girlfriend?”

            I shooed him away with my hand as I walked toward the dance floor. There was some amateur trying to do some legit dancing moves. He was failing completely, and yet so many people were cheering him on. I could almost laugh at them all for being idiots. As I soon as I stepped into the dance floor, people were looking at me weird.

            “Who’s that shrimp?”

            “Let’s watch him make a fool of himself…”

            I smirked. I soon as I started dancing everyone’s eyes were glued onto me. I just made that guy before look even more idiotic. Even though some people tried not to look impressed, I could tell they liked it a lot. When U-Kwon saw me dance, he couldn’t help but jump in and dance with me. Our duet made everyone stop and stare. U-Kwon was loving the attention. Our first time in Stardom and we were already popular.

            “Hey, isn’t that BlockB?”

            “No way! Is it?”

            “Yeah, that is BlockB!”

            I saw U-Kwon chuckle a bit, when he heard their conversation. Yeah, we were pretty infamous at dance clubs. I’m not surprised at least some people know us. I started to hear more cheers come from the crowd than jeers. U-Kwon and I kept dancing. I didn’t realize how much fun we were having. A small smile crept up my face, then a quiet laugh came out. I’ve been to other dance clubs, but Stardom was a total alien experience, no pun intended. When we were done, the crowd was loud and hungry for more, but we had to rest.

            I looked toward U-Kwon, “You’re getting slow!” I joked as I wrapped my arm around his neck

            He pushed me off, “What are you talking about, old man? I could tell you were trying so hard to keep up with me!” He laughed.

            The two of us retired to a table near the rim of the club. Taeil was off talking to some girl; Kyung and Zico were having a rap battle, P.O was off with Jaehyo doing some girl getting tactic. Stardom was such a dreamy place, I didn’t want to leave; but then I remembered: I have to go to Jinam’s house. Well, I don’t have to; I can just say I forgot.

---

            Should she work before Minhyuk gets here? No, she should wait for him to come… What if he forgot? Okay, doing some work before hand wouldn’t be too bad… Wait, what if Minhyuk comes, and she’s doing work and he feels sad? Okay, maybe she’ll won’t do work…. Then… What will she do? What did she do before she researched? Well, when she was younger, she… played dolls and drew…hmmm… What to do?

---

            Okay, now I feel guilty for thinking of not going to her house. What if she’s expecting me and I never come? Human girls are so emotional, you know… hmm… Okay, maybe today I’ll go to her house… When should I go? I looked around and saw all of BlockB scattered around. We just finished one of our performances and now we’re just hanging around.

            “What’s wrong with you?” Taeil said as he walked up to me. I was sitting by myself on one of the tables. He sat himself down next to me, “If I were U-Kwon I would say you’re thinking about your-“

            “She’s not my girlfriend.” I quietly corrected.

            Taeil chuckled, “That’s why I said if I were U-Kwon. Thank goodness I’m not. Well, since I’m Taeil, I say you’re thinking about your crush, Jinam.”

            Well, I wasn’t expecting that. I quickly flinched, and scrunched up my shoulders, “I don’t have a crush on her either…”

            Taeil brightly put on a smile, “Suit yourself…” Then he got up, “Well, if you’re not thinking about girls, get off your and have some fun!” Then he walked away, toward the crowd.

            I sighed, “Okay…” Before I got up, I searched through my pockets to make sure my map was there. It wasn’t. It probably fell when I was dancing amazingly. I looked around the ground, but I couldn’t find it. Okay, so now I have no way of getting to her house. What time was it? I flipped my phone, it read, “9.31.” Well, maybe she thought I went home.

---

            Jinam was standing outside Stardom. She had a feeling that Minhyuk lost her map, or maybe she was just feeling that, because she wanted to make an excuse to see him again. It wasn’t like she liked him or anything.

            “Oh!” A masculine voice called. Jinam turned around and saw a lean man with a hooked nose staring at her, “What have we here? Shouldn’t a pretty girl like yourself be inside dancing her heart out?” He said, pointing toward Stardom.

            “Oh, no, sir. See, I’m-“

            “Nonsense, modest young girl! Come!” The man ushered Jinam to the door.

            “It’s really kind, but-“

            “Of course you can accept it! I’m doing you a favor~ Now, quit fighting me! I’m going to show you to the best night of your life!” He hugged Jinam’s waist and dragged her to the entrance. The man looked over to the guard, “Tony, please, the girl is with me…” Then he walked in.

            There, he let her go, “Look! A plentiful harvest of handsome men, including myself… No need to thank me, darling girl. If you excuse me, I’ll be off!” Then he walked away, to some other women.

            “Wait-Oh no…” Jinam looked over to the dance floor. It was full of hot and sweaty people dancing the night away. She thought she should just leave, but not before someone gently touched her shoulder.

            She flinched violently when she felt it; a small shriek flew out of . Quickly, she shot her hand up to , so nothing more would come out. She turned around and it was a man with red dyed hair and glasses.

            “A-are you okay?” He asked with a scared look on his face.

            Jinam nodded her head still with her hand over , though she was scared out of her mind.

            “Do you want to sit down?” He asked sincerely.

            Jinam nodded again. The man led her to an empty table, and set her down.

            He coughed, “Are you waiting for someone?”

            “No…” She squeaked.

            “Oh okay,” The man nodded, “Well, then I’ll just-“

            “Taeil!” A familiar voice said. Jinam looked up and saw Minhyuk walk up to Taeil.

---

            Okay, I will try to find her house. She said it was like a block away right? Yeah, I’ll be able to find her house. Now I have to tell the guys I’m going. I scanned the area for any BlockB members, I saw Taeil talking to another girl, except she had her hand over , what a weirdo. Whatever, he won’t mind if I need to talk him.

            “Taeil!” I called out as I walked over.  Both Taeil and the girl turned to look at me and I saw Jinam.

            “You!” We said at the same time. Jinam clasped her hand over again.

            “What are you doing here?” I shouted.

            “It’s not my fault! I was walking around, and some tall creep shoved me into the club!” Jinam whined.

            “Jinsang-ssi? He totally would…” I said under my breath. Jinsang always did that kind of thing.

            “Taeil-hyung!” U-Kwon yelled as he wrapped his arm around Taeil’s shoulder, “Just the man I was looking for! C’mon, we need a y shark-man right now! Let’s go!” And he tugged Taeil away leaving Jinam and me alone.

            “’Sh-shark?’” Taeil whimpered as he was forcefully leaving.

            “Weren’t you going to tell Taeil something?” Jinam asked me.

            “Not anymore…” I rubbed the back of my neck, “Um… Do you want go to your house now?”

            “Yeah, let’s go!” She quickly said as she got up and was ready to walk out the door.

            “Not so fast.” Zico said as he walked up to us, “See, little Minhyukie, here, might want to take… advantage of this situation.” He explained as he patted me on the head, “So we’ll all walk you guys to your house to ensure your safety~”

            I rolled my eyes, “Sorry, Zico, I really think she’s safer with just me, than with all of you…”

            “Please, you just want her to yourself…” He persisted, “Anyway, what does the lady want?” He motioned toward Jinam.

            “Uh… You can come if you want…” She said unsure, “I don’t really care, I just want to leave!”

            “Okay, then we’re coming with you!” P.O shouted as he skipped to the door.

            I sighed. I really didn’t want to be with Jinam and BlockB at the same time. Seven crazy people together plus me equals absolute anarchy. Even though Jinam’s house was a block away from Stardom; this walk was going to take forever…


ahaha~ BlockB's there to make sure B-Bomb's miserable forever!