Fanatic

Contact

            

            As I was walking to my next class, I saw something very odd in one of the unused classrooms. A very crude contraption was set up, pointing out of one of the windows. It seemed like a satellite that was connected to a cheap computer with cords streaming out of it.

            “Hey, what are you doing?” A feminine voice called out.

            I looked behind me and saw a young girl with glasses on run up to me. It was still hard for me to convert earth years to cetghara years, but she looked about 16 earth years. From looking at her school uniform, she was a freshman.

            “Yah, did you hear me?” She screamed in my face, “This is fragile! Don’t touch it! You know what? Don’t even look at it! Go to your class!” She shooed me away with her hand as she walked up to the computer-thing.

            I scowled at her, “What about you, freshman? Why don’t you go to class?”

            She turned away from the computer, “My name is Park Jinam, not freshman…” She looked back to the screen but continued, “And I already went to class and told my teacher that I had stuff to do in another room. And since it was study hall, I got away scott-free! So technically, I’m in class. What about you, junior?”

            I smirked; I couldn’t help it. Jinam was a small little girl, but she talked like she ruled the world, “My name is Lee Minhyuk. And-“ Then just before I could make an excuse, the bell rang to start class. I smiled again and looked over at the girl typing away at the keyboard, “The bell just rang, so I might as well not go to class.” I walked over to her and sat down.

            “So, you’re going to spend the whole hour, with me?” Jinam asked unconvinced.

            I shrugged innocently, “Might as well...” I repeated.

            She rolled her eyes, “I really don’t think you want to do that… People think I’m a nutcase… Though I am totally not.”

            “Why is that?” I asked coolly.

            She stared at me, “I’m trying to make contact with extraterrestrial beings…” She stated nonchalantly.

            My eyes widened dramatically, “Really?” I could almost laugh. How ironic that an alien like me would meet up with a human, who was obsessed with the fact that aliens exist. It was entertaining.

            She sighed, “Go ahead and laugh… I got enough of it from my old school…”

            “You’re a new student?” I questioned.

            “Yep, all of the teachers and students got sick of me ranting about how aliens exists. So, I changed schools, and this time, I’ve decided to do something a bit more stealthy~” Jinam grinned.

            I smiled, it was the first time I’ve seen Jinam smile this whole conversation. But I couldn’t help but say, “Do you really think that it’s stealthier to put a bulky, and unsophisticated...machine with an extremely bright computer screen into a lightless and apparent classroom?”

            Jinam looked away from her computer and stared at me, “You’re right…” She simply said, “Well, obviously we are going to have to find a new room to do research…”

            “We?” I asked amused.

            “Well, now that you know I can’t let you leave…” Jinam stated smartly, “Besides, it’d be faster with two people. Wait-“ She looked at me intently, “Do you believe in aliens?” She asked it so seriously it was humorous.

            “The truth?” I asked, “Well, yeah, I guess I do…”

            “’Guess?’” She repeated, still with that silly fixed expression.

            I rolled my eyes, “Yes, I believe in aliens…”

            Her eyes perked up and she smiled again, “Awesome! Let’s find a new place to put our alien detecting equipment!” she slammed the “fragile” machine into a big box, then flipped it over, so the open side would be on the bottom. Some alien detecting equipment, there’s an alien right infront of you and you don’t even realize it. Jinam skipped toward the door, but then looked back at me because I didn’t follow suit.

            “Where are we going?” I asked skeptical.

            She shrugged, “Around…” and walked outside.

            I followed her out and our expedition for a new research laboratory began.


Well, this is my first fanfiction on here... I hope you liked it. Please keep reading! Thanks! I'm still doing the third chapter. Thanks for reading it. Please comment! ^^