The Walk that took Forever

Contact

 

            “So, where is your house?” Kyung asked as he looked around.

            “My house is all the way over there…” Jinam pointed straight with a happy grin.

            “How far exactly?” U-Kwon asked with a weary look.

            She shrugged, “Eh… a block…”

            The rag-tag eight started off through the shady and extra creepy streets to Park Jinam’s house.

            “So….” Jaehyo said, “You’re not going to go on a rant about aliens, are you?” He eyed Jinam suspiciously.

            She chuckled, “Of course not! That’s middle school stuff!”

            “So, you’re over aliens?” Jaehyo asked hopefully.

            “Ppft! Of course not! I’m just not screaming about it anymore.” Jinam explained.

            Jaehyo slouched his shoulders and kept his mouth shut.

Zico looked over to me, “You’re not jealous because Jaehyo’s talking to your sweet-heart, are you?”

            I gave Zico a face, “One, she’s not my sweet-heart; two, no.” I answered dryly.

            “Oh yeah!” U-Kwon yelled, “When did you and B-Bomb start dating?” He asked Jinam.

            She only responded with a muffled laugh; that’s insulting, “What are you talking about?” She asked amused with the question.

            “Well… B-Bomb told us you guys actually were dating, it’s just that he felt like that time in the hall was a bad time for him to tell me…” U-Kwon’s totally dead…

            “No…” She said, hoping it was a joke.

            “Actually!” P.O butted in, “He says it all the time, ‘I miss my sweet bunny,’ and stuff like that!”

            Jinam’s expression changed from confused to totally disturbed. She looked toward me, and I was about to say something before someone cut me off…

            “Jinam, look-“

            “He’s told us you’ve made out before.” Zico added with a calm face.

            “What?” Now, she looked completely freaked out. She turned to me again, “This is a joke, right?” She asked in disbelief.

            “Of course-“

            “Not!” Jaehyo shouted proudly, “He’s crazy about you, Jinam…. Or should I say ‘strawberry cutie~?’”

            What the heck, Jaehyo… You did not just say that. I’m gonna beat you so bad, that you won’t even be considered human anymore, a Hyuufig will look better than you. You understand me, conceited ulzzang? I haven’t forgotten about you guys either! Prepare to die, Zico, U-Kwon, and P.O! This is a warning to you, Kyung and Taeil… I swear I will rip you up if you say anything….

            “It’s not like that!” Taeil shouted.

            Everyone, including myself, looked toward him. I sighed relieved, finally someone with a little sense. The others just looked at him with pouts, he ruined their fun.

            “It’s not!?” Jinam asked thankful.

            “Naturally!” Taeil shouted happily, “See, U-Kwon, P.O, Zico and Jaehyo are just jealous that they’re not coming to your house, so they just want to make B-Bomb as miserable as possible!” Taeil joked.

            There was silence…

            “Yeah…” U-Kwon said with a smile. The look on his face, it said he had a plan, “You know, I am jealous that B-Bomb gets to have you all to himself…. “ He put his hands on Jinam’s shoulders, “Can I come over, too?” He asked like a child.

            Jinam’s face was mixed with relieve, confusion and shock, “Uh… I don’t know… I’ll call my parents…” She took out her phone and dialed her parent’s number.

            I felt a light hand pat my shoulder. I looked over and saw Taeil smiling, “Jinam needs to know you love her from you, not from a bunch of weirdoes…”

            “I don’t love her…” I corrected as I turned away.

            He chuckled, “I beg to differ…”But said nothing more.

            “Hey, mom. Is it okay if I bring another friend over tonight, U-Kwon?”

            “Morefriends? Ha, bring as many as you want, Jinam~” Her mom ecstatically answered.

            “Okay~ we’re walking to our house right now. See you later~” Jinam calmly said. She tucked her phone into her pocket, “Guess what! You’ll all invited to come!”

            “What?” I asked, stunned by the sudden news.

            Zico laughed, “I guess you’re not gonna have Jinam all to yourself, huh? Sad, B-Bomb?”

            I looked over at him, “Not even close…”

            He rolled his eyes, “Whatever~ you’re so bad at lying…”

            Actually, I was kind of looking forward to going to Jinam’s house, without the rest of BlockB. There’s this weird calm feeling l get when I’m with her alone, it’s like a refreshing aura. She just makes you so composed, you never want to leave; but it wasn’t like I was love with her or anything. I’m (pretty) sure that’s a different feeling. Plus, I’ve only known her for two days. You can’t fall in love with someone over the course of two days, that’s bizarre.

            “Hey~” I heard a voice say, I looked over and saw it was Kyung, “Stop day-dreaming about Jinam and get walking!” He cheerfully commanded. I saw that I was far behind the crowd.

            “I wasn’t day-drea-“

            “Sure, hyung~” Kyung interrupted, “Look, like Zico said, you’ve got to have style, B-Bomb! I have to say, from just looking at her, she’s totally not into you…” He flatly stated, “But! With help from Zico and me, she’ll fall head over heels for you! What ya say, hyung?” He asked again with that brightness.

            “I refuse…” I said simply. I looked back at him, “D-do you really think she’s not into me?”

            Kyung smiled with wit, “Why do you want to know?”

            I gave me a face; “You’re turning more and more like Zico everyday, you know that right?”

            “Yeah…” He sighed, “But I’m still better looking. Heehee, don’t tell him I told you that, even though it’s totally true~ Anyway, sweet love bird, the way I can tell is the way she interacts with you. See, when woman like a man, they do one of three things: one, they try to impress him; two: they try not to creep or freak them out and three, they try to play hard to get. Jinam does none of those things.

            “Also, when she looks at you, she gives you eye contact, and she doesn’t get lost into your eyes. Women who like a man, usually never look into their eyes and if they do, they get lost in them somehow~” He pointed a finger at me.

            “You, B-Bomb, are the complete opposite. While she’s normal around you, you act all ‘bad-boy’ with her. Trying to be a tough, rock-hard thug or something…. I’ll just tell you this now, that won’t work with a girl like her… Anyway, and you gaze into her eyes too long. I was paying attention this whole time. Don’t try to deny it.” He said, knowing that I was going to say something. He chuckled, “All the symptoms are there, B-Bomb. You’re stricken with love, and there’s no cure for you.” He just smiled at me and then ran off to the rest of the group.

            Jinam saw Kyung walk up to her, and then saw me. She looked at me with those huge doe eyes and ushered me come closer. I turned my face away, before I could “gaze into her eyes too long,” but I did as I was told. I wasn’t in love with Jinam. I know it.

- - -

            “Who was on the phone?” Mr. Park asked his wife after she came into the bedroom.

            She smiled at him, “It was Jinam. She wants to bring another friend, Yukwon…”

            “’Yukwon?’” Her husband repeated, “And you said yes?”

            “Of course! I said bring as many as she wants!” Mrs. Park said with an innocent expression, “This is the first time she’s had any friends ever since that incident!”

            Mr. Park sighed, “True, Youngmi… A boy though…”

            “Relax… He’s probably B-Bomb’s boyfriend or something.” Mrs. Park reassured, “There’s nothing to worry about…”

            “You're right…” Mr. Park said, “There’s nothing to worry about…”


Just saying! I don't support U-Bomb. TT TT