★2

Butler's Lesson 101

 

Note: jjang means great!


 

Aeyoung's eyes fluttered open and as she adjusted at the light rays of the morning sun and as her visions getting clear, she woke up on a very pleasing sight. She had been seeing a handsome figure infront of her.

"Am I in heaven now, already?"

The figure than laughed. His laugh is like a music, reverberated in Aeyoung's ears.

"Good morning, milady. This is Kris and you're not in heaven."

Aeyoung's grew wide and unwittingly, she spat saliva due to the shockness she just received. Kris frustratingly closed her eyes; looks like changing her will cost her millions of sweat and will be a hard task for him. He grabbed a napkin and wiped his face with it.

"Milady, that is not what a lady should act like. You will appear as a rude person if you'll do that."

Aeyoung didn't really caught what he had just said since she's still sleepy. Either way, she just yawned.

"Sorry, I was just shocked. I wasn't used to someone being on my room." Her voice was still heavy with sleep.

She turned around and walked on her massive closet which consisted of myriad of number of clothes with different types and with different colors. She opened the closet and grabbed a simple shirt through heaps and piles of clothes. For a moment, Kris felt like he's been ignored.

Aeyoung then lifted up her shirt, revealing her nice curves and her belly button. Kris eyes widened. But then it came a fortunate fortitious that she got snapped at the midst of her liting up her shirt. Good thing she wasn't able to lift it up higher and only at the middle.

"Uh-oh, I forgot that you're here, Kris. Sorry." She then pulled down her shirt. Kris gasped and shook his head. 

"Milady, I prepared some breakfast for you." He motioned on a wooden tray on her coffee table. Aeyoung walked on it.

"Bwoh? You all cooked this, Kris? Wow, you're a jjang! I envy you, I cannot cook food like this."

"It's because you're a princess, milady."

Aeyoung's eyebrows narrowed in curiosity, "What do you mean?"

"Unlike you, I was raised in a poor family. We were trained to do everything and we have to work hard for it and we're not in a right position to complain since we're just in lower ranks of the society."

Somewhere in Aeyoung's heart felt heavy.

"Is that so?" Her eyes saddened. Kris just forced a fake laugh upon noticing her milady's eyes.

"Eat well, milady." Kris uttered, altering the topic. Aeyoung just nodded.

Kris then carried the wooden tray and laid it down on Aeyoung's queen-sized fluffy bed. Aeyoung sat on her bed and laid and cast a stare on the inviting sight of the food.

The breakfast consisted of glossy sunny-side up eggs, colorful fried rice, hotdogs, pancakes with mapple sauce dipped on it, hot chocolate, a glass of pineapple juice, and a glass of water. Aeyoung's jaw almost dropped seeing the number of food he had prepared especially for her.

"Wow, you should teach me how to cook next time, Kris." She said while grabbing a spoonful of fried rice.

"That will be accomplished soon, milady."

Aeyoung mentally chuckled. *There he goes again with his formality.* Aeyoung noticed that he's been standing whole throughout. '

"Kris, why don't you sit?"

Kris shook his head. "Come on, Kris. It's not like you're going to be punished if you sit." He then obliged and sat on the chair right across his milady.

Aeyoung then started to devour the food one by one with a very grumpy manner. Small scrumbs and grains were around , making her look as if she was a kid. Kris' eyes almost protruded upon seeing how his milady ate. 

"You want to eat?" She muffled with a full mouth. Kris mentally shook his head in disbelief. Kris grabbed a napkin on the wooden tray and extended her arms to wipe the small scrumbs littering around her small mouth. Aeyoung's eyes widened and grabbed the napkin from him.

"You don't have to do that, Kris. I can do it myself."

But then the truth is, Kris was concerned on how the way she eats that's why he ignored her statement.

"Milady, that is not how a lady is suppose to eat."

"Huh?"

"Milady, you'll turning 18 soon. You suppose to act as a lady."

"That was rude, Kris!"

"I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, milady. I am just concerned."

Aeyoung then softened, "Ok, then teach me how to eat like a lady." She said casually. The more Kris was with Aeyoung, the more amused he is. 

Kris sat casually beside her. The more Kris grew closer, the more Aeyoung noted how his face can be so handsome. He even became so handsome the more close space he gets. Aeyoung can also sniffed the perfume he used, and mind you, it distracts her that much. Kris seized the fork from her.

"Milady, do really have to do this?"

Aeyoung chuckled, "Ofcourse."

"But I'm going to teach you how to eat like a lady, and I am not a lady."

Aeyoung bursted out in ample amounts of laughter. She clutched her chest while having difficulty in breathing.

"Sorry Kris, I just can't stop laughing."

"Milady, is there something funny?"

"Naah, I just thought it was funny. And it suddenly, remind me of someone." She shook her hands. She remembered her childhood friend who she always make fun and teased as a gay. Kris cleared his throat and grabbed the silverwares from her. 

"You have to move slowly, milady. Like this." Kris then cut the hotdog by the knife with ever so slow and swift moves. Aeyoung became more distracted on how impeccable he did it. 

"Try it, milady."

"But why do I have to cut the hotdog with a knife? Can't I eat it with fork?" She snatched the fork from him and pricked the hotdog by the fork and ate it abruptly.

"Milady, didn't I told you it is not how a lady should eat like?"

"Fine. Fine, Kris. I'll try it." She sighed and stole the knife from him and cut the fork grumpily. She had difficulty in cutting the fork.

"Milady, that is not the right thing to do." Kris scooted closer and grabbed a hold unto the knife that was still on Aeyoung's hands. Their arms brushed unintentionally. Aeyoung swallowed the lump formed on . 

"This is how it works, milady." He guided her hands in cutting the food which means he was held her hands while guiding her the right thing to do. Aeyoung was distracted by this.

"Kris, I can do it myself, ok?" She pushed back his hands from her's. Kris then snapped on what he was doing. There was an awkward silence followed by it. Aeyoung nervously laughed, taking away the awkward atmospehere. She then cut the hotdog by how Kris taught her.

At first, she can't quite get how did she did it but after few attempts, she successfully managed to do the right thing. She smiled when she already did the right thing.

"Kris, did you already ate breakfast?"

Kris shook his head.

"Oh is that so? Then I'll share this to you."

Kris shook his head again.

"But I prepared it for you, milady!"

Aeyoung rolled her eyes, "Come on, it's not you'll be punished if you eat."

Kris contemplated for awhile but then he gave up and ate. Because he still didn't ate breakfast and his stomach is already and growling, he ate in a very grumpily manner. He only ate at this manner when he's hungry that much. Aeyoung then laughed.

"You're unfair, Kris! You told me I should eat like a lady but then, you eat like a monster!" She guffawed.

"I'm not a lady, milady!"

Aeyoung shook her head and passed him a water, "You might choke." She chuckled. Kris finished the water in one straight swig. 

"You must be hungry that much, Kris." She shook her head.

They both continued sharing the food.

 

***

 

Aeyoung took off her clothes and wrapped herself in a towel and entered her enormous-sized, all-white marbled bathroom. The bathroom held the familiar strawberry shampoo scent that she would enjoy sniffing even if it may take her whole time just sniffing. She then strode until she reached her bath tub. Her jaw almost dropped seeing foreign particles and objects around the water of her bath tub.

She precitipously exited the bathroom and called for Kris, still on her towel wrapped around her. Kris came abruptly in a matter of milliseconds, suddenly felt nervous and jittery and at the same time he's questioning himself on what possible mistake he commited that his milady even called for him.

"Kris, did you do this?"

For the meantime, Kris doesn't know if whether his milady held a curiosity or hostility on her voice.

"I do not quite understand what are you asking, milady. Is it about the rose petals on your bath tub?"

"Yes, it is."

"Milady, it's good for your skin. I purposely put it there. If you don't want it there, I can remove it."

Aeyoung contemplated for awhile but then she just sighed, "Kris, even though you're my butler you should have ask for my permission first!" Unintentionally, she raised her voice higher than her normal.

She felt remorse and guilt the moment she realized what she had just done.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to raise my voice, Kris. Fine, I'll try it." She doesn't looked pleased based on the tone of her voice.

"Milady, if you really don't want, I can remove it."

"No no, roses are my favorite flowers, ok? I just felt weird that I will be taking bath on it."

It wasn't late when Kris noticed how she was still on her towel. Her flawless milky white skin is quite revealing and that her collarbones are showing. 

Kris gulped, *Get that stupid thought off your head, Kris!*

"Oh, if you don't mind milady, I'll go ahead. We are currently on a preparation for a certain task and I have to go down right away to help them up."

"Why? Is there someone who'll come visit?"

"That is what they informed me. But I really don't know who is the visitor. I think they had mentioned that the visitor will be arriving next week. We just have to clean up the extra rooms."

"Ok, you can go now." She nodded and motioned her hands for Kris to dismiss and proceeded on her bathroom.

Little did she knew, Kris' chest has been pounding whole throughout. He admits, he is a man too and a girl with too much skin to be revealed is distracting him that much though he wasn't really a person to take advantage of someone just so he can suffice his enjoyment. 

*Kris, you idiot! Get a hold of yourself!" He thought, trying his all best to drift his thoughts away into oblivion.

 

***

 

Aeyoung tapped her chopsticks together, making a sound that made her bestfriend annoyed and irked. Minjung, her bestfriend, then closed her eyes in a very exasperated manner before slamming her hands on the table, enable for the utensils and silverwares to rattle in vivacious manner.

Aeyoung stuck her tongue out and grabbed a rice ball on her bestfriend's bento. Currently, they sat on the school canteen quitely, having nothing to converse at all.

"Yah!! That's mine!"

"Too late." Aeyoung mumbled, chunking the rice balls bits to bits. She finished the rice balls in no time. Either way, Minjung shown no signs of being surprised at all since this was just her typical bestfriend.

Aeyoung then rotated her chopsticks on her ramen before slurping down it's soup. Minjung was just there poking the contents of her bento and looked like she wasn't interested on the food any single bit. She sighed, "Bento again."

"You don't want your bento? K, I'm finishing it!" Aeyoung clasped her hands together ecstatically.

"Finish it all you want! But your ramen is mine!" Minjung grinned.

"Dork." Aeyoung muffled, "You can't get my ramen!" She stuck her tongue out, snatching the bento from her in a flash. Minjung was left being conceded in defeat since Aeyoung already took her bento and at the same time, her bowl of ramen remained on her hands. Minjung shook her head, watching her bestfriend consuming all the food across her.

What the good thing is whenever Aeyoung was with her bestfriend, she can just be herself without being judged at all. Aeyoung might be a princess but in her school, she was one of those unpopular plain losers who were just on the side with a few friends along with her. 

Another thing is that only Minjung knows what Aeyoung's true standing in society is. 

"You know, my father got me a butler." Aeyoung started, munching on her tempura. Some tiny bits falling off the table from the tempura.

"A butler? Or a babysitter?" Minjung mocked, her eyes darkened in a teasing manner. Aeyoung glarred at her and pointed her with her chopsticks.

"Hey, easy there missy!" Minjung said, recoiling back.

"K." Aeyoung rolled her eyes.

"So what's with this butler?"

"Uhhmm, actually he's kind of... weird? I guess? You know, he put rose petal on my bath tub awhile ago! I even don't know how did he put it there!" She exclaimed in a exagerating manner, making Minjung laughed.

"No wonder you smell weird, today." Minjung sniffed on her but Aeyoung flinched.

"K. But you know, he's actually kind of... cute?" Aeyoung continued. Minjung choked on what she was drinking, small particles of saliva fell on Aeyoung's shoulder.

"Eww, Minjung. You gross!"

"It's my first time hearing you call someone cute again except for the dork on your math class since he's not really cute!"

"Yah! He's not a geek, mind you! He's cute!" Aeyoung retorted, remembering about her crush on her math class when she was still on her first year in highschool.

"You really have weird taste in men." Minjung shook her head.

"K whatever, said the one who's inlove with a bouncer."

"Yaahhhhh!! I'm so gonna get your ramen, Aeyoung!"

Both continued to bicker until nothing left on their food. Little did Minjung is that Aeyoung has been planning on her most awaited birthday since her birthday is fast approaching.

Without Minjung's knowledge, Aeyoung searched on her smartphone about steps on how to bake a cake. 

 


 

Author's note:

Comments are much love <3~