★1

Butler's Lesson 101

Life is a wad of cotton candy, wrapped with icings and sugar.

That's how Aeyoung views life and what is the complete sum of her mentality. Life had never been too complicated and hard for her. While reality offers the complete opposite, Aeyoung doesn't still discover it. And this was the reason why her father was worried about her.

Her and her family lives in a life full of threats and dangers. Though, they were blessed by a mountfull of wealth and money, life couldn't just hide the fact that there are many people who are envious of what their social status as of now and that threats are just on the near road. And Aeyoung's family spend their lives protecting and covering Aeyoung from this life inorder for her not to see and not to be evolved on these issues... which turns out to be wrong.

Oh so very wrong.

Aeyoung is in her teenage and puberty age already, but still her views in life can be compared to a youngster. And what's worst is she always ended-up being placed on her consequences due to her stupidiness. Aeyoung would just laugh at these but her father really isn't pleased.

That's why he had came to hire a butler for her. Her father knew how numerous maids and servants they had in their mansion, but it's not what Aeyoung needed. She needed someone who can guide her in her life. Her father knew butler isn't the right person to hire for this but he had heard through conversations on his office about this certain butler who got famous for his proficiency in turning someone into 180° change.

And that's when her father knew he had to hire Kris.

"I have big expectations for you Kris."

"Yes sir. I'm expecting for a nice... paycheck too." Kris then scratched the back of his head, shy about being too straight-forward, making the former laughed.

"Of course! of course, it isn't a problem as long as she'll change. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir."

"Ok, we'll have to wait a couple of minutes for her. She'll arrived in no time, don't worry." He sipped on his tea which was placed inside on a expensive white porcelain teacup which was also composed of gold ornaments.

Kris just nodded. 

Not a long after, the door bursted harshly. So harsh that Kris could hear the hinges bouncing back and forth.

At the doorframe, there revealed Aeyoung with a neon green ice cream on her one hand; she was followed by some of the servants who happened to be in a chaos who are currently fixing her mess. The mess came to be the watery ice cream dripping on the floor. Her father stood up.

"Appa!" She threw herself in her father's arm. She had failed to notice Kris' presence.

Kris mentally scoffed. She's undoubtedly beautiful but as soon as she moved with those irrational moves, it will just ruin her impression. It was as if Kris was looking on a ten-year-old kid who happened to just came from her school. Her father laughed.

"Ok ok, Aeyoung! Enough! We have someone here."

"Oh is that so? Oh, ok." She untangled her arms on her father's neck. Her father gestured on Kris who happened to stand up abruptly upon seeing the signal.

"Aeyoung, meet Kris. Your butler."

Aeyoung's eyes widened.

"Bwoh? Appa? My butler?!"

"Yes. What's wrong with it, my dear?"

"Naah, I was just shocked."

Kris remained stoic on his position. Actually, he's been stoic and still for the time span he was standing which was the usual demenor of Kris. He would always remained cool and calm and would not failed to contain his composure. This what actually what Aeyoung notice at him the moment he stood up up until now. 

*Is he a robot?* Aeyoung mentally chuckled about the thought.

Kris then extended his hands up and offered her a handshake.

"Nice meeting you, milady." 

Both Aeyoung and her father turned at him. Aeyoung wasn't used with this weird endearments.

"Milady?!"

"Yes, milady. I always call my past bosses with that endearment." 

Aeyoung just shrugged and shook his hand.

"Nice meeting you too, my butler." She chuckled and mimicked his tone. For Aeyoung, it felt peculiar and funny having to be placed at this scene. It's just too new for her.

"Just don't mind her, Kris. She's young that's why." Her father shook his hands.

"Yah! Appa! That was rude!" Aeyoung pouted. Her father glarred at her, actually signalling her to shut up. 

"Ok, when do you plan to start?" Her father started.

"Uhmm, I suppose it's for you to decide, sir."

Aeyoung took note of his little habits. It's so entertaining to watch him move and talk. It was as if he was too still and too proper. Apparenly and based on how he acted, he is a smart person.

"Oh, alright. If it's alright with you can you start tomorrow?"

"That will be accomplished right away, sir. I am going to start tomorrow as soon as I come here."

*Wow, he must have been a dean lister on his class.* Aeyoung thought, having her observations about him.

"Alright then, I shall dismiss you." His father kept his professional tone on. Aeyoung actually chuckled, seeing the unusual side of her father. He may held a powerful position on the government but whenever he's at home, he is actually fun and approachable person.

Her father motioned for the servants to assist him on his way out. The servants immediately obliged on their superior's command.

The moment Kris were nowhere in sight. Aeyoung faced her father.

"Appa! What was that?!"

"Dear, you have to learn about life. Soon, you'll be in a university and has to go on work so you needed someone who could guide you in life."

"But appa, I'm perfectly fine! I can learn on my own." She looked away and pouted whilst her arms were crossed.

"Dear, just follow me. Parents knows best. You couldn't go wrong with me. I'll promise you that. And as of Kris, I know he's a good man, don't worry."

"Fine." She sighed. 

"Oh well then, I'll have to go. I have a meeting after lunch." Today is Saturday but then her father still has some work to do since he's a busy man. 

"Appa, why don't you eat your lunch here? I'll cook."

"Aeyoung? You're cooking? The last time I saw you cooked, you almost burn the whole kitchen." His appa laughed.

"That was rude, appa!"

Her father chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Ok fine then, I'll eat here."

"Really? Appa? Thank you!" She tangled her arms on the crook of her neck.

*When will she start to get mature?* His appa thought, gazing at her daughter who was like a replica of her wife.

 


 

Author's note

How's the first chappie? :DD