★3

Butler's Lesson 101

Aeyoung descended the grand stairs of their mansion. She then strode the mansion and halted just right infront of the kitchen's door. She knocked a few times before it was being opened by a certain servant. On the table, there was an empty cup of a tea and Aeyoung came to an assumption that she just finished the tea.

"Ms. Aeyoung!" Mrs. Lee, an old servant which whom held the longest record in serving the Park family. She was like the second grandmother of Aeyoung since she is just like a resemblance of one.

"Auntie, did you saw Kris?"

She was used into calling her auntie since they had known each other for a long time now.

"Oh yes, Ms. Aeyoung. I think he's on his own quarters."

"Thanks, auntie!" She flashed the most genuine she could ever shown and made her way to Kris' quarters.

 

***

 

Kris rested his head on his shoulders that was folded behind his head inside his own small room of the servant's quarters. Each servant has his own room but their rooms are placed on a certain area somewhere down the mansion. His room is small and simple and only few belongings held the totality of his room; mainly, a small light lamp, small bed, small coffee table, his bag which held the most of his clothes and a couple of books.

Kris had a passion for reading it's just that his family couldn't afford much more supply of books. Sometimes, he would purposely dropped by on a public library just to read. He closed his eyes for a bit, enjoying the tranquility of being alone. All of a sudden, his phone rang and he slightly jumped on his current position upon hearing the second ring.

"Hello? Who is this? Oh umma! What? Is he on the hospital? But where did you get the money? Umma, I have no money! Ok, I'll try. Bye, umma." The phone call was cut off in a jiffy. Kris frustratedly sighed and closed her eyes.

The caller was his mother asking for some money. She had told her that his father was on the hospital but Kris knew that she was lying since his father just texted him that he was at home. Unfortunately, Kris' father and mother wasn't on good terms but still living on the same roof. His mother had an obsession for gambling and she would sometimes asked for him just so to pay her debts from gambling. 

He heard a knock from his door and he immediately picked it up. His eyes grew saucers, seeing his milady.

"Milady... What are you doing here?"

"Kris, dress up. Were going out."

"Milady?"

"Please! There's something I have to buy and I have no one to bring along with me except for you."

"Right away, milady."

"I'll be waiting for you at the living room." She exited her way.

In all honesty, Kris wasn't fine since he is still mull-overing over his mother. He sighed, there was no way he can do about it.

 

***

 

Aeyoung was dressed in a hand-stitched pink bonnet, floral dress with a hand-stitched green cardigan and brown leather mid-boots. Her hair was tied in a two low pigtails. She sat on the living room with a crumpled list on her hands. She red it's contents and tried to memorize it one by one but couldn't do so since her memory wasn't that great.

"Uggggghhh, I gave up! I don't want to memorize anymore!" She groaned, putting back the paper on her small purse exasperately.

Just then, Kris walked on her way, looking so dashing and so exquisite that Aeyoung's eyes almost protruded on it's place upon seeing his current appearance. His tall height and slightly built body matched perfectly on his tight simple v-cut white shirt. He had also dressed on his dark skinny jeans, accentuating his long and skinny legs. 

"Milady, a fly might on your eyes." He said, sitting down beside her. Aeyoung shook her head, getting her senses back in reality.

"Oh, I wasn't starring at you, for your information!" She looked away, avoiding his gaze.

Kris just chuckled and shook his shoulders, "If that's what you say, then fine but I know what's the truth, milady." He cockily teased.

Aeyoung rolled her eyes but then sighed at the end, "Fine."

"Hey! Let's go!" She stood up and left the area.

 

***

 

Not a long after, they arrived on a grocery store. Since the grocery store wasn't that far and might take a one ride bus, they ended-up riding a cab instead since Aeyoung doesn't know how to commute. Kris insisted at first, saying he'll teach her how to commute and ride a public vehicle but Aeyoung insisted, saying there's stil next time and that, he can teach her the next time they'll be going out. They argued a few times on which vehicle they should ride but then in the end, Aeyoung won.

Kris couldn't just stiffle his chuckles whenever he tried to . He just didn't expect it would be fun teasing his milady considering her splendid and adorable reactions when she's pissed was worth a tease. Inadvertently, he suddenly felt good and his past bad mood faded away and was replaced with a contented feeling.

Currently, they were on their way inside the grocery store.

"Kris, why are you kept on laughing? Am I funny?"

"Naah, it was just fun teasing you." He purposely lowered down his voice and Aeyoung failed to catch his words.

"Pardon? What are you saying?"

"Naah, nothing." He shook his shoulders as Aeyoung sighed. Kris grabbed a metallic cart and pushed it's weight as she was walking side by side with Aeyoung.

"You know how to cook, right?"

"Yes, milady. Why?"

"I was just asking if ever you can help me find these ingredients?" She dug the crumpled paper inside her small purse and presented it right infront of his face. Kris snatched the paper and sniggered a little.

"Why are you laughing?" Aeyoung's eyebrows wiggled.

Besides the list of ingredients, there were numerous of little notes and doodles around it, making the paper looking messy.

"Naah, nothing. What's this for, milady?"

Aeyoung didn't want to tell anybody that she will be cooking for her bestfriend that's why she came into an alibi.

"Uhmm, we need it for school."

Kris then red the contents of the list, "Wow, this is no joke."

"That's why we should start, already." She snatched the list from him and walked ahead of him.

 

***

 

Since Aeyoung has a huge apetite, she would grab a snacks every now and then. As long as her eyes catches it, she'll get it off the shelf, making Kris slightly get irritated. Their cart is already half with snacks still without even finding the ingredients. Kris shook his head, caught her off-guard when she finally grasped a box of cereal.

"Milady, that is not included in your list." Kris' tone had an evident aggravation but still remained on his cool demeanor.

"Kris! It's my money, so it's just alright, ok?" She defended, putting the box of cereal on the cart but then Kris took the box from her. Aeyoung reached for the box but Kris raised it higher enable for her not to reach it. Since he was on an advantage for his height, Aeyoung would tip-toe on her feet just so to reach it. She glarred unto him when she had failed to do so.

"Kris! What's your problem?!"

"You are not going to get this, milady." For the first time, Kris held an authority on his voice. It was something that Aeyoung wasn't able to see that's why it had made her taken aback. She brought down her feet on the ground and folded her arms across her chest.

"So, who's the milady here?"

Kris sighed at her stuborness.

"Milady, aren't you concerned on your health? You already grabbed sweets and junk foods! I'm sure you are aware of what trash it might lead you! And milady, one more thing, you have to learn how to save money!"

"Blah blah blah blah. So you're my dad, now?"

"Milady..."

"You know what, Kris? Why don't we split here? I mean, go wherever you want! I'll go wherever I want!" Some words uttered by her are purposely accented to stress out that she was pissed. She crankily pushed her cart away from Kris but Kris blocked her way by standing infront of her. Aeyoung clicked her tongue.

"Kris, get out of my way! I already make it clear for you, right?" Her lips twitched in annoyance.

"Milady, how can you go home if you didn't even know the directions?"

"Ugggghhh, why couldn't you just leave me alone?!" She pushed her cart left, but Kris followed. She then pushed it right then the same process went on.

"Fine." She harshly pushed her cart on Kris' side just so she can pass. It hitted a little on Kris' side.

She pretipously ran along her cart, making sure Kris won't follow her. Kris sighed, he doesn't know how her milady is this childish despite her grown-up age.

Kris' head downcasted on his hands and saw her crumpled list on it. Kris smirked and shook his head.

 

***

 

Aeyoung's head couldn't stay still, rotating and spinning restlessly, actually searching for her list. She halted into a stop just right infront of the meat and dairy section.

"Where did that little paper go?!" She rummaged through her purse, below her shoes, and even on her cart, but still no crumpled paper was found.

In a sudden, she heard a cackle right behind her back. She can hear the sound tickling just on the back of her earlobe, resulting for the back of her spine to shiver. She spun around and saw Kris who wore the possibly cockiest smirk she had ever laid eyes on.

Aeyoung then manifested a glare unto him.

"Stop smirking, Kris. It doesn't suit you." She scoffed then tore her stare to him, still feeling the resentment left from awhile ago. 

"Is this what are you finding for, milady?" He dangled the paper right infront her face. Aeyoung's eyes went ajar in astonishment, baffled on how on earth did he got it.

"How did you got it? You thief!" She reached for the paper, tip-toeing on her foot. Kris snigger couldn't just stop. It was fun making fun of his milady. Finally, Aeyoung stomped on her foot, closed her eyes and sighed in pettishly.

"Kris! Stop this stupid games! You know I need it, right?!" 

Kris once more tittered and gave up. "I was just teasing you, milady." He said, passing her paper on her. Aeyoung took it in a very petulant manner.

"Not funny, Kris." She rolled her eyes before reading once more what's on her list. Kris pushed something on his back, Aeyoung's eyes followed his direction. It was a cart, full with groceries.

"What is that, Kris?"

He snatched the paper from her, "You do not need this anymore." He crumpled the already-crumpled paper. 

"Hey you--" She cried before coming into a realization.

"Oh wait, did you already searched for the ingredients?" She asked, pointing on the cart infront of him. Kris nodded. Mentally, Aeyoung shook her head.

"Really, I couldn't understand you." She spat it in a very low tone in purpose. Kris wasn't able to get what she just said.

"Pardon, milady."

"Naah, come on! Let's pay for this!" She sprightly encouraged, grabbing his hands inadvertently. Kris took a stare on his hands that was took by her milady.

Aeyoung slightly jumped on her position, "Uh-oh. Sorry." She untangled her hands on his'. Kris just blankly forced a smile.

Aeyoung then pushed the two carts with a very evident difficulty. Kris shook his head, starring at his milady. Kris then took the other cart away from her and pushed it. Aeyoung then followed suit with her other cart along with her.

 


 

Author's note:

I'm sorry if I leave this fic a little bit hanging, I guess?

But don't worry, I make it sure on the next chapter that it will be good!~~

Thanks ya for reading everyone! ^^